UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Vince McMahon isn't an independent contractor. And I'm not sure Triple H is anymore

Triple H is an employee now. Anyone who is on the writing team, or has a role other than a pro wrestler on the show is a employee. Funnily enough, when Raven was a producer for the WWF in 1994, he was an employee and was part of a union.

• Paid Members
Vince McMahon isn't an independent contractor. And I'm not sure Triple H is anymore

Triple H is an employee now. Anyone who is on the writing team, or has a role other than a pro wrestler on the show is a employee. Funnily enough, when Raven was a producer for the WWF in 1994, he was an employee and was part of a union.

Yeah, he says on his shoot interview that being an employee got him proper insurance, benefits and such, which the wrestlers don't get. Sounds like Dean Malenko and the other wrestlers-turned road agents have it pretty comfy.

Edited by Wretch

• Paid Members
:yinyang: When did Crash Holly wrestle for the original ECW? I know he did wrestle for them briefly at one point but i can't for the life of me remember when. And did any of his stuff make it onto any DVD/Video releases?

http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com has him wrestling a few times in 1997, under the name of "Erin O'Grady". Here are the matches listed..

ECW @ New Britain, CT - Sports Palace - November 7, 1997 (650)

Justin Credible defeated Erin O'Grady

ECW @ Glasgow, DE - High School - November 15, 1997 (1,500)

Spike Dudley defeated Erin O'Grady

ECW @ Trenton, NJ - CYO Center - November 28, 1997 (950)

Spike Dudley pinned Erin O'Grady at 7:41

November to Remember 97 - Monaca, PA - Golden Dome - November 30, 1997 (4,634)

Chris Chetti & Spike Dudley defeated Erin O'Grady & Paul Diamond when Spike pinned O'Grady

(This was a dark match. Probably didn't make the home release.)

http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/ecw97.htm

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Pretty sure I know the answer to this one but at any point, did Davey Boy Smith & Dynamite Kid ever work as a tag team in the UK? And did Johnny Smith wrestle in the UK?

Who played Shawn Michael's knights at Survivor Series 93 against The Hart family?

I can't remember which was which but I believe they were Greg Valentine, Barry Horrowitz and some guy called Jeff Gaylord.

• Paid Members
Jeff Gaylord.

How did he not get over with a name like that?

When did WCW stop putting credits at the end of their Pay Per Views?

WCW only used to put credits on the PPVs on their VHS released. I havent got any credits on my orginally taped WCW DSF videos.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

Not sure about Dynamite/Davey but it's possible pre-WWF.

Johnny Smith worked loads in the UK, originally as John Hindley and then in the mid-90s as the in-no-way-misleading "British Bulldog".

I don't think they ever did. Dynamite was more or less full time in Canada by the time Davey started working regularly over here. I know in Dynamite's book he talks about being in Canada and hearing from his family that Davey was in training. He made a handful of trips back here during that period, but it's not likely they worked together, since tag wrestling was a relatively rare occurrence here back then.