UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

This has possibly been asked before but does anyone know the best place to get update to date DVD's of Japanese shows, particularly Big Japan?

Not sure if he'd have the latest ones, but UKFFer PUNQ does alot of Japanese dvds i believe!

I didnt think he was on here anymore because I havent seen him posting much. Will check it out though :thumbsup:

Sorry, I no longer deal in tape trading. My system got old and broken down and I decided not to upgrade for trading as it would cost too much compared to the interest of Japanese wrestling these days. I haven't even watched wrestling in 3 months and stopped at the 2010 footage.

--PUNQ--

• Paid Members
Sorry, I no longer deal in tape trading. My system got old and broken down and I decided not to upgrade for trading as it would cost too much compared to the interest of Japanese wrestling these days. I haven't even watched wrestling in 3 months and stopped at the 2010 footage.

--PUNQ--

Boo-urns!

I enjoyed the Japanese wrestling threads on here :( i still keep up with DG and New Japan via the respective websites (iheartDG and puroresufan), but did enjoy your thread with the pics andstuff.

--PUNQ--

Boo-urns!

I enjoyed the Japanese wrestling threads on here :( i still keep up with DG and New Japan via the respective websites (iheartDG and puroresufan), but did enjoy your thread with the pics andstuff.

Yeah, it was 5 good years of reviewing around 2500 shows and 15,000 matches. Had a lot of fun doing it even if a little frustrating to see the scene as a whole stagnate like it did and the change of the world wide wresting climate limit the fire in their wrestling mentality. Would be fun to continue doing what I did for half a decade, but it kind of didn't introduce any new fans to puro as I'd hoped it would and in the end there wasn't much purpose to do it anymore.

I still keep up with the news and results and there is a lot of stuff I'm curious to watch like the continuing growth of the young AJPW generation thats getting established and their feud with the Big Japan guys, the re-orgainized joshi scene (with the creation of STARDOM, REINA, DIANA), NJPW going in a fresh direction with a young champion, and for different reason the demise of NOAH to see how the cope and re-structure after they lost their main TV deal and mentor. Not to mention the development of 'Shinya' Hashimoto Jr. in Zero-One along with the usual crazy stuff from Dragon Gate, DDT and the hundred other promotions going on in Tokyo alone. So a lot that going on that I want to see, but for now I've decided to stop watching. If that will be permanent, I don't know. But for now its stop.

--PUNQ--

Whatever happened to Chris Walker and what was he all about?!

I'm still watching Prime Time 92 and in the space of 6 weeks he's gone from pulverising Kato and looking like he might be a star to jobbing to the fucking Warlord of all people. Was he just a failed experiment or is there more to it?

• Paid Members
Whatever happened to Chris Walker and what was he all about?!

I'm still watching Prime Time 92 and in the space of 6 weeks he's gone from pulverising Kato and looking like he might be a star to jobbing to the fucking Warlord of all people. Was he just a failed experiment or is there more to it?

I think he was from the GWF as 'Conan' Chris Walker, he ended up doing house show spots in late '91 to early '92 and I assume he was under contract because he did a couple of PPV dark matches as well. He might have been a victim of the drug testing that WWF started around then, or he might have just left the business, I can't find much about him after Sid mullered him.

EDIT: Turns out he runs a bar in Tampa apparently. Florida is awesome for wrestlers, even shitty obscure ones like Chris Walker. Thinking about it Walker looked like a cross between Kerry Von Erich and fitness expert/infomercial mullet god Tony Little.

Edited by Chilli_Dog