UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Have Jericho and Orton ever had a high-profile feud together? I'm sure they have but I just can't seem to put my finger on it.

Jericho's 2007 return was straight into a feud with Orton (he returned to "save_us" from the Age of Boreton, or something) but it only lasted a month.

• Moderators
Errr...You're an idiot.

Elaborate, then. Where's the picture from?

In 2001 Valentine reformed the tag team with Beefcake in Massachussetts

Why not just say that in the first place, then? Twat.

Because he asked. Like if I asked you am I being a twat? I didn't and as such am highly offended.

Well, aren't you quite the penis?

It wasn't obvious. I didn't mean for it to be taken seriously. I could well be wrong about the date. They haven't changed much, but they do look quite alot older than in 86 (brutus's gut and Valentines neck) and wheres Johnny V and it looks too gritty and them to scruffy to be a WWF show. I didn't have the knowledge either. I googled it after being intrigued by the photo. I was going for jovial, I pulled off smug twat.

I did not mean to upset you PowerButchi if I had known, I would of not been such a twat and penis. Apologies

Edited by moofasa

• Paid Members

Depends who owns the rights to the design I suppose. ECW had the winged eagle belt as their TV/FMW title and the ECW tag titles were the IC belt design, so I can only imagine that Reg Parks designed those belts back in the day. Considering how long its been around, the big gold belt might have been designed with an outside party as well, so the WWE probably doesnt own the rights to the design.

I appreciate your reply but I would assume WWE has to own the rights to the World Heavyweight belt because they're the ones who reap the profits from the sales of the replicas. If they didn't wouldn't TNA and other groups sell their own replicas of it?

I never knew about the ECW tag team titles been the IC belt though!

• Paid Members

It has the WWE logo on it. So obviously WWE owns the version of the belt which has their logo on it. The WWE arent flogging old NWA/WCW title belts on their website. They are flogging commissioned WWE World Heavyweight titles, complete with the logo. Its no different from ECW and WWF having the same belt design. Others could use it if they wanted. But they dont. Whats the point?

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

Depends who owns the rights to the design I suppose. ECW had the winged eagle belt as their TV/FMW title and the ECW tag titles were the IC belt design, so I can only imagine that Reg Parks designed those belts back in the day. Considering how long its been around, the big gold belt might have been designed with an outside party as well, so the WWE probably doesnt own the rights to the design.

The big gold is pretty much open source. Crumrine of Rodeo, Nevada made the original one and only one other copy has been produced of it. The design wasn't copyrighted at the time which allowed anyone and everyone to make their own version. WWE only owns the version/s they designed, (i.e. The one you currently see on tv or anything with a WWE logo on it.) but still hold the copyrights to that specific design too so it can't be copied outright or even slightly modified. Each maker has their own unique twist on it. The NWA World Heavyweight title design is open for all too but there is a $150 fee for using the NWA initials/logo. The NWA DG was said to have been made in Mexico but it's not for definite.

The ECW versions of the the wigned eagle TV/FTW and IC tag-team belts were done by Mike Vartanian who sparingly makes belts these days and is pretty hard to get a hold of if your not familar with the Tri-State area scene, even then it is a hassle. He bootlegged the designs as have many others. Reggie Parks did design them and does hold the copyrights to those belts. Reggie Parks and the Midwest team now actively pursue legality and copy issues where possible, the most recent case was WWE re-introducing the old style IC title. Their design had been slightly modified but not enough for it to be deemed an entirely new belt. Joe Marshall (J-Mar, WWE's principle belt maker.) made the belt, the Midwest team were probably in process of suing for copyright infringement but it has been resolved one way or another as Dave Millican made the current one used on TV (Without the nugget texture.) Reggie Parks and Dave Millican can make certain WWE & WWF belts for the public but WWE's logo fees alone are $1000 per belt.

As for the replica belts issue, WWE would more than likely have cases but it would be too time consuming and a waste of money to pursue. They make money off them through the Figs Inc deal as does the Midwest team (Off certain designs.) so as long as promotions don't go claiming they are the WWE/WWF there isn't too much of a problem. WWE also makes money from replica AWA and WCW titles too as they own all the copyrights to the respective promotions.

The XWA title does not have a sticker on it, the logo is etched into the belt which was made by Wildcat Belts.

EDIT: Hope this helps. If you want to know anymore info on belts, go to Belt Talk

Edited by Rule One