UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Off the top of my head, it might have been the one where Hogan beat Harley Race by DQ when Ox Baker interfered but didnt win the belt. The USWA commentators were probably just ignoring the fact Hogan may have "held" the belt (in that he did the old spot where the babyface pretend they didnt know about the belt not changing hands on a DQ), so it looks like the new star of the territory beat the NWA champion. Its just an old trick to help get their current star over. Hense the "uncrowned champion" comment. Lawler played footage of him pinning Hogan throughout the Hulkamania era to prove he was better than Hogan. Perception is reality as they say.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

When the Wrestling Channel (RIP) used to show World of Sport all the time, I always noticed footage of Hogan in the opening montage / credits. I asked the question in Power Slam magazine at the time and Martin stated that Hogan had never wrestled for any of the World of Sport associated promotions and that is was simply exploitation, added to the opening to trick fans into believing there would be big name Americans wrestling on the show.

My question then is this, where was the footage from, and did Vince or the copywirght owner ever attempt to do anything about Hogan being pimped on a show on which he

When the Wrestling Channel (RIP) used to show World of Sport all the time, I always noticed footage of Hogan in the opening montage / credits. I asked the question in Power Slam magazine at the time and Martin stated that Hogan had never wrestled for any of the World of Sport associated promotions and that is was simply exploitation, added to the opening to trick fans into believing there would be big name Americans wrestling on the show.

My question then is this, where was the footage from, and did Vince or the copywirght owner ever attempt to do anything about Hogan being pimped on a show on which he

just wondering if anyone has had their cm punk best in the world tee posted yet by wweshop.com

as i ordered one 4 weeks ago when it was out of stock, but the site now says its in stock, so what gives?

ive just ordered again today so hopfully i will get one, maybe two so at least i can sell one, but its taking so long that by the time they come through, will anyone be that bothered about punk? they have let me down greatly, i expected better of wweshop.

I was just watching a match from 97 that was from an episode of Shotgun, what is the venue and whats the backgroud as to why they used this venue and not a typical arena? and what was Shotgun, was it a weekly show or something? Iv watched WWE for alot of years and I can recall watching Shotgun but I remember it being along the lines of Livewire or Heat and it was filmed in areas im guessing before Raw similar to Superstars now....

Thanks

heres the video I watched incase some of you havent seen the venue or don't know what I'm talking about lol....Fake Diesal v Marc Mero...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7FdFVfM4OI

Shotgun Saturday Night at first was the WWF's way of experimenting it's edgy content that would follow for the next few years, it was live Saturday late nights and was in places like the Hard Rock Cafe, Nightclubs and even a tube station. Then from March '97 until it was replaced with Jakked/Metal in August '99, it was a syndicated "Jobber Show" that was taped after Raw at first, and then before. When they started doing Heat in August '98, sometimes it fitted in with the tapings for that. Other markets (Including the UK eventually on Sky One) got the daytime version "Shot Gun", as well as "Shotgun Challenge" which is another one we got before. Both of which had different commentary. From '97 until '99 the International version of Superstars got the matches repeated with different dubbed commentary. I guess the reason they stopped doing the Live and controversial shows was because was because they went the way of "Attitude" full time from the March.

Edited by ThePhenom

Is there a reason that Low Ki/Kaval hasnt been brought over to the UK for any shows in the last year or so? I thought companies over here would have tried to book him cause of how good he is in the ring and the fact hes an ex WWE star and Indy legend. Does he charge too much for bookings? Is there just no demand to see him wrestle over here? Does he have a rep of being hard to deal with? Just wondered if anyone had heard anything. Cheers.

• Paid Members
Is there a reason that Low Ki/Kaval hasnt been brought over to the UK for any shows in the last year or so? I thought companies over here would have tried to book him cause of how good he is in the ring and the fact hes an ex WWE star and Indy legend. Does he charge too much for bookings? Is there just no demand to see him wrestle over here? Does he have a rep of being hard to deal with? Just wondered if anyone had heard anything. Cheers.

Not sure I can answer your question but i'd love to see him in IPW:UK. He'd work some classics with some of the regulars.

Wasn't there a story that 1PW once overpaid him and as a result he became harder to deal with?