UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Sort of continuing the Jericho theme, was the Money in the Bank match actually his idea? Normally I'd have said it was part of the storyline, but the fact they often refer to it when MITB comes up-something that doesn't usually happen with continuity in wrestling makes me suggest it might have been.

Plus, as I normally only watch WWE Experience and the odd PPV I'm not too clued up on the current happenings. Roughly when was the last time he won a match with the walls of jericho? I know the codebreaker has been his main finisher since his return, but I swear he used to win matches with it since he came back in 2007. But every time now it seems to be a 'momentum-turning' move.

Thanks in advance

Sort of continuing the Jericho theme, was the Money in the Bank match actually his idea? Normally I'd have said it was part of the storyline, but the fact they often refer to it when MITB comes up-something that doesn't usually happen with continuity in wrestling makes me suggest it might have been.

Plus, as I normally only watch WWE Experience and the odd PPV I'm not too clued up on the current happenings. Roughly when was the last time he won a match with the walls of jericho? I know the codebreaker has been his main finisher since his return, but I swear he used to win matches with it since he came back in 2007. But every time now it seems to be a 'momentum-turning' move.

Thanks in advance

not sure on the MITB thing but to maybe help answer the Walls part of the question, his lack of tap out victories are probably due to his heel alignment now whereas when he is a babyface he tends to win much more by tap out, that's my take on it anyway

Thanks in advance

He mainly beats people with the Walls when he can't hit the Codebreaker on them - he beat Khali with it a few weeks ago. Other than that, the only matches I can remember him winning with the Walls in recent history is when he beat Daniel Bryan on NXT, and I'm sure he beat Yoshi Tatsu with it on Superstars. Plus, when he does it to guys lower on the card, he seems to do a Liontamer-esque version, similar to how he did it back in WCW. When he does it on the main-eventers, he goes for the half-arsed Boston Crab. No idea why though, as the Liontamer version looks much better.

Thanks in advance

He mainly beats people with the Walls when he can't hit the Codebreaker on them - he beat Khali with it a few weeks ago. Other than that, the only matches I can remember him winning with the Walls in recent history is when he beat Daniel Bryan on NXT, and I'm sure he beat Yoshi Tatsu with it on Superstars. Plus, when he does it to guys lower on the card, he seems to do a Liontamer-esque version, similar to how he did it back in WCW. When he does it on the main-eventers, he goes for the half-arsed Boston Crab. No idea why though, as the Liontamer version looks much better.

The Liontamer can only be used on smaller guys as its quite a dangerous maneuver.

Has Vince Russo always been involved in the wrestling industry or did he come in from elsewhere?

If I'm remembering rightly, he used to own a video shop and do a wrestling radio show. Somehow he parlayed that into a job with WWF magazine, and he became editor of that and then squeezed into the creative staff and took over that because everyone else was about ninety and had no new ideas.

Has Vince Russo always been involved in the wrestling industry or did he come in from elsewhere?

If I'm remembering rightly, he used to own a video shop and do a wrestling radio show. Somehow he parlayed that into a job with WWF magazine, and he became editor of that and then squeezed into the creative staff and took over that because everyone else was about ninety and had no new ideas.

Russo actually got his job at WWF Magazine through Linda McMahon after sending a letter addressed to her personally, as opposed to Vince or the WWF. Rightly, Russo theorised that Linda would read her own mail, whereas someone else would be responsible for dealing with Vince's. Smart thinking, Vinnie Ru.

But what is a mini luchadore? Just a short bloke?

In Mexico, minis are any wrestlers under 5ft tall. Normally the actual midgets/dwarfs/whatever are the babyfaces because they're really little and kids totally identify with them, whereas the bigger guys (who are mostly just really short "normal" guys) are the heels.

In Mexico, minis are any wrestlers under 5ft tall. Normally the actual midgets/dwarfs/whatever are the babyfaces because they're really little and kids totally identify with them, whereas the bigger guys (who are mostly just really short "normal" guys) are the heels.

I recall a commentator once saying that Rey Jr wrestled as a 'Mini' at first when he was younger due to his height, but can't find any evidence. It is bullshit, does anyone know?

While we are at it, anyone know his legit height? An educated guess would put him between 5'2 and 5'5 but does anyone know for sure?

I recall a commentator once saying that Rey Jr wrestled as a 'Mini' at first when he was younger due to his height, but can't find any evidence. It is bullshit, does anyone know?

While we are at it, anyone know his legit height? An educated guess would put him between 5'2 and 5'5 but does anyone know for sure?

Officially he's 5'6. I'd guess he's probably a couple of inches shorter than that in reality. Standing next to Eddy Guerrero, I'd put him at about 5'6", so try comparing them.

Mini Abismo Negro is freakishly tall for a mini. He's only a few inches shorter that the real Abismo Negro.

• Paid Members

Somebody, I think Mike Tenay at When Worlds Collide, said the limit for minis was set specifically so that Mysterio was just classed as fill size.

EDIT: That was bullshit as CMLL started a minis division in 1992. Before that it was just US style midget comedy.

Edited by JNLister