UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Why are TNA promoting Bound For Glory as an event that happens once in a century?

They are promoting the date of the event (10.10.10) not the show. The way they've worded it is daft though.

cheers, doesn't every date come once a century?

Again, it's fucking daft. "AN EVENT SO BIG... IT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE A CENTURY", no shit.

10.10.10 is gimmicky enough, no need to through more crap on top of it.

Edited by Saviour.222

Completely random question, no idea if anyone can possibly answer it but..........

On the Taz WWE entrance theme "Just another Victim" right at the end they splice in a load of old ECW audio clips and the final one is Taz declaring "Hey, I'm gonna get a little (SOMETHING) in this son of a bitch, tonight, right now, falls count anywhere in the building!"

Does anyone have even the faintest idea what the missing word might be? It's a silly thing to lose sleep over but every time i'm in the gym and it comes on the ipod I can't help but wonder!

Completely random question, no idea if anyone can possibly answer it but..........

On the Taz WWE entrance theme "Just another Victim" right at the end they splice in a load of old ECW audio clips and the final one is Taz declaring "Hey, I'm gonna get a little (SOMETHING) in this son of a bitch, tonight, right now, falls count anywhere in the building!"

Does anyone have even the faintest idea what the missing word might be? It's a silly thing to lose sleep over but every time i'm in the gym and it comes on the ipod I can't help but wonder!

"Little lethal"?

Two question please:

1) Just prior to WCW Uncensored 1996, Brian Pillman would randomly show up from the crowd to involve himself in the angle revolving around the Megapowers and the Alliance to End Hulkamania. I thought he had been fired before that when he walked out of the strap match between him and Kevin Sullivan, where he was replaced by Arn Anderson. What's the full story behind Pillman's departure from WCW?

2) I've not found this anywhere else on the forum but judging by the remarks on RAW recently concering Jericho will quit if he doesn't win the WWE Title in the 6 Pack Challenge, am I right to assume Chris is done with the WWE?

Thanks guys,

Paul

• Moderators
Two question please:

1) Just prior to WCW Uncensored 1996, Brian Pillman would randomly show up from the crowd to involve himself in the angle revolving around the Megapowers and the Alliance to End Hulkamania. I thought he had been fired before that when he walked out of the strap match between him and Kevin Sullivan, where he was replaced by Arn Anderson. What's the full story behind Pillman's departure from WCW?

The greatest worked shoot ever. In order to make it seem real, he got Easy E to give him his release, in order to make it look realistic for an angle down the line, but making it actually real and received McMahon's first ever guaranteed contract. Then he broke his ankle, and it's all downhill from there.

The greatest worked shoot ever. In order to make it seem real, he got Easy E to give him his release, in order to make it look realistic for an angle down the line, but making it actually real and received McMahon's first ever guaranteed contract. Then he broke his ankle, and it's all downhill from there.

Thank you for that mate.

Brian Pillman was one of a few bright spots in an often frustrating period of time with WCW before we got the awesomeness that was the nWo.

I can't remember what Bischoff said about it in his book, but why did he want to do an angle that would only make any sense and appeal to wrestlers and people who read the dirtsheets? It was stupid when Russo was doing it in 2000 when people could at least get on the Internet, but it seems like a mental thing to have done in 1996. What was the intention?

Im not 100% on this but I would imagine that with the rise of ECW people were beccoming smarter and bischoff wanted to play on that. Secondly most of the story was happening in the ring so it was to legitimise that and I again guess to increase viewership (No real figures existed for WCW on how many "smart fans" existed in 1996 who could watch WCW.).

Pillman basically conned them into legitimiseing his fireing so he could go elsewhere it wasnt anyone elses idea

2) I've not found this anywhere else on the forum but judging by the remarks on RAW recently concering Jericho will quit if he doesn't win the WWE Title in the 6 Pack Challenge, am I right to assume Chris is done with the WWE?

Basically Jericho's contract is up soon i assume within the next month or 2 as that would be 3 years since he re-signed with WWE so at the moment i seem to remember reading that he was looking towards leaving and he was having interest from TV Shows

• Paid Members
I can't remember what Bischoff said about it in his book, but why did he want to do an angle that would only make any sense and appeal to wrestlers and people who read the dirtsheets? It was stupid when Russo was doing it in 2000 when people could at least get on the Internet, but it seems like a mental thing to have done in 1996. What was the intention?

Pillman was the talk of the industry though, and unlike Russo's worked shoot creations, Brian Pillman (whether you got certain insider references or not) can across as a compelling onscreen character. The casual fans saw a mental brilliantly played and unpredictable character, where as those supposedly "in-the-know" thought they were seeing someone completely losing his marbles. The insider references werent as in your face as the Goldberg/Nash ones years later. There was always enough to like about Pillman other that insider angles. I thought it was pure genius. And in 1995/early 96 there wasnt many "this guy doesnt work here" type storylines going on in the big two, so he really stood out as something really different. Shame he was in horrible physical condition, because McMahon must have saw something in him to give him a guarenteed deal.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

Back in the early 90's there were some tv advertisements on Sky for an "American Wrestling" tour coming to the UK. It featured a load of ex WWF and WCW guys but the only person I can recall on the advert was Nikolai Volkoff. Does anyone recall who toured, where the shows were and anything about them?

Thanks

Could anybody point me in the right direction for any good shoot interviews I can watch online, I'm just really in the mood for watching one today so any suggestions will be really appreciated.

Sandman, Cornette, Heyman or Raven if possible but any recommendations will be cool. Cheers.