UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Not long after Raw first started, we just used to get the highlights on Mania with Todd Pettengill. There was definately a match between "The Model" Rick Martel and Mr. Perfect that ended during a Raw commercial break.

The match was in progress, and Raw cut to a commercial. On Mania we cut to Pettengill in the studio informing us that, yes Raw had gone to a commercial, and, when Raw returned... they cut to Perfect in the ring with some female models!

Obviously, they did this to emphasise that Raw was 'live and uncensored' and that 'anything could happen', which made sense.

What didn't make sense, to me anyway, was that they would show this on a highlights program...

And they were both an hour long. The should have just had Raw.

Not long after Raw first started, we just used to get the highlights on Mania with Todd Pettengill. There was definately a match between "The Model" Rick Martel and Mr. Perfect that ended during a Raw commercial break.

The match was in progress, and Raw cut to a commercial. On Mania we cut to Pettengill in the studio informing us that, yes Raw had gone to a commercial, and, when Raw returned... they cut to Perfect in the ring with some female models!

Obviously, they did this to emphasise that Raw was 'live and uncensored' and that 'anything could happen', which made sense.

What didn't make sense, to me anyway, was that they would show this on a highlights program...

And they were both an hour long. The should have just had Raw.

I think Mania was a week in review type program, not just a Raw highlights show, but this was the only way we could see what went down on Raw. I assume there were issues between the networks that showed Raw and Sky as to why we didn't get Raw in full at that time.

Where's Scott Steiner at? There were some rumours flying that he'd be back into TNA soon, but as yet no Big Poppa Pump. And yet they are releasing a doll of him...

Where's Scott Steiner at? There were some rumours flying that he'd be back into TNA soon, but as yet no Big Poppa Pump. And yet they are releasing a doll of him...

He's fucking people's shit up in Mexico, currently the WWC Universal Heavyweight Champion, according to Wikipedia.

He's the current WWC Universal Heavyweight Champion down in Puerto Rico.

Yes, Steiner is the Champion of the Universe. Quite fitting for Big Poppa, is that.

I remember this! When I read the question I instantly remember this happening. Mania did basically show Raw, but missed out anything that was non PG for the time I think, WWF didn't get shown on a primetime slot......

• Paid Members

I remember watching WWF programming as a kid, I'm sure there was once a title change on a non televised show, which was announced as shock breaking news on something like All American Wrestling.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I remember watching WWF programming as a kid, I'm sure there was once a title change on a non televised show, which was announced as shock breaking news on something like All American Wrestling.

Bret Hart Vs Ric Flair perhaps?

Bret Hart Vs The Mountie?

Bret Hart Vs Ric Flair perhaps?

Bret Hart Vs The Mountie?

Wasn't the Flair to Hart title change televised, though? I can't remember which show, but there's footage of the match on the Hit Man DVD. I suppose there's a chance the bout was filmed but never broadcast, but my feeling is that the above query relates to when the Mountie beat Bret for the IC title a couple days before the '92 Rumble.

• Paid Members

Pretty sure it was Money Inc vs Steiners in 1993. They had title changes back and forth on a Monday (Raw), Wednesday and Saturday (house shows) in the same week, so the latter probably would have been announced on Sunday's All American.

Mountie-Hart was announced on the update section of Superstars, which was unfortunate as it aired in the UK a few hours before the match happened.

Flair-Hart was announced by an episode of Superstars opening with Hart being interviewed as new champ. The match took place at a TV taping but was never broadcast (but was released on video).

Backlund-Diesel being signed was announced on Superstars, took place at MSG on Saturday and then the result was announced on All American on Sunday.

Edited by JNLister

I remember Jarrett trading the IC strap with Edge pointlessly the night before a pay per view in 99, I say pointless as Jarrett was champ on the Raw going in, they showed footage of Edge winning it and coming to ringside with it on the PPV (July-ish) and Jarrett left with the belt, strange change if you ask me