UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Can some eagled-eyed UKFFer (might need HD) confirm or deny if Cody Rhodes has a stud in his nose? I'm guessing it's a spot of some kind, but it looks kind of shiny.

Its a nose piercing. He mentioned it in the WWE magazine a while back, when discussing tattoos amonst other delightfully exciting things, to which Dibiase mocked him for.

Can some eagled-eyed UKFFer (might need HD) confirm or deny if Cody Rhodes has a stud in his nose? I'm guessing it's a spot of some kind, but it looks kind of shiny.

Its a nose piercing. He mentioned it in the WWE magazine a while back, when discussing tattoos amonst other delightfully exciting things, to which Dibiase mocked him for.

I never know why people choose to get nose studs.

A] they look like a spot and B] a girl at my school had one and every time she sneezed it shot across the room and almost blinded somebody!

What was the reason that Jody Fleisch retired in 2003? He was a fairly big name at the time. Why did he pack it in?

He suffered a very serious injury to his hand/arm. Given that his arm was already pretty mangled from the shooting star fuck-up on the Portsmouth TV, he decided he'd had enough. A while out of the game, a good rest and recovery period and a great offer from the FWA for Uprising 3 made him change his mind.

What was the reason that Jody Fleisch retired in 2003? He was a fairly big name at the time. Why did he pack it in?

He suffered a very serious injury to his hand/arm. Given that his arm was already pretty mangled from the shooting star fuck-up on the Portsmouth TV, he decided he'd had enough. A while out of the game, a good rest and recovery period and a great offer from the FWA for Uprising 3 made him change his mind.

I heard a rumour that his girlfriend at the time said "It's me or the wrestling" and he quit because of her.

Most likely bullshit but just what I heard.

Does anyone have a list of Kobashi's GHC title defences?

Here's the list, if you still need it:

2003-04-13 - vs. Tamon Honda

2003-05-02, New Japan - vs. Masahiro Chono

2003-08-26 - vs. Bison Smith

2003-09-12 - vs. Yuji Nagata

2003-11-01 - vs. Yoshinari Ogawa

2004-01-25 - vs. Takuma Sano

2004-03-06 - vs. Takeshi Rikio

2004-04-25 - vs. Yoshihiro Takayama

2004-07-10 - vs. Jun Akiyama

2004-09-10 - vs. Akira Taue

2004-10-24 - vs. Akitoshi Saito

2004-12-04 - vs. The Gladiator

2005-01-08 - vs. Minoru Suzuki

2005-03-05 - vs. Takeshi Rikio

He's done at least one tour there: Big Japan in September 2004. He wrestled on these televised shows:

BJW Samurai TV 2004-09-29

Taped 2004-09-25 Yurikamome Museum of Maritime Science Station:

1. Ryuji Yamakawa & Kintaro Kanemura vs. Shadow WX & Katsumasa Inoue

2. Chris Hero vs. Delirious

3. Takashi Sasaki vs. Jaki Numazawa

4. MEN'S Teioh & MASADA vs. Daikokubo Benkei & Abdullah Kobayashi

5. Necro Butcher vs. Yuichi Taniguchi [Hardcore Match]

6. Mad Man Pondo & 2 Tuff Tony vs. Gosaku & Daisuke Sekimoto [street Fight]

7. BJW Death Match Title: Ryuji Ito vs. BADBOY Hido [Coffin Deathmatch]

BJW Deathmatch Wars #1 [2004-10-08]

Taped 2004-09-26 Tokyo Korakuen Hall:

1. Daikokubo Benkei & Katsumasa Inoue vs. Takashi Sasaki & Gosaku

2. MEN'S Teioh, Ricky Fuji & Onryo vs. Chris Hero, MASADA & Delirious

3. Ryuji Ito & Daisuke Sekimoto vs. Abdullah Kobayashi & Jaki Numazawa [street Fight Ladder Death Match]

BJW Deathmatch Wars #3 [2004-10-22]

Taped 2004-09-22 Shoichi Citizen Gymnasium:

1. Delirious & Katsumasa Inoue vs. MEN'S Teioh & Masayoshi Motegi

2. Necro Butcher & Kintaro Kanemura vs. Shadow WX & Mr. Pogo [street Fight]

3. Chris Hero & MASADA vs. Ryuji Ito & Daisuke Sekimoto

4. Abdullah Kobayashi & Jaki Numazawa vs. Mad Man Pondo & 2 Tuff Tony [barbed Wire Boards Death Match]

Edited by melvin snodgrass

• Paid Members

I remember back around 1990, there was a wrestling column in the News of the World called Forearm Smash.

It wasn't that great as I recall, but I was wondering if anyone remembered it, had any idea who wrote it and if the guy had any connection at all the wrestling biz or just spouted usual Sunday tabloid crap?

• Paid Members
Can somebody tell me who is responsible for the amusing quote about the UKFF in neil's sig, and any context behind why they said it? Thanks.

It's a quote from the letter that was "sent in" to Powerslam moaning about the ukff if i remember correctly. Someone claimed to have been treated harshly on here for posting spoilers.

Edited by martyngnr