THE BAWBAG FIFTEEN~!~!~!

Kenny McBride

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linus is right. I've had a bit of thinking to do.I want to stress that this whole thing started as a joke - a rather silly parody of a parody that was a combination of a rather perverse patriotism and my overwhelming desire to troll Mo Chatra whenever and wherever the opportunity arises. A bunch of people voted - not a huge number, but enough voters with enough different suggestions and enough interesting and worthwhile comments to make me think that the whole thing might be worth the effort after all. I've had a lot of fun doing the write-ups and I hope most people understand that very little of it is meant seriously. You'll maybe have noted that the SWA guys have had the shit ripped out of them more than the others. Partly that's because I've seen more of them so I know more about what people meant when they made certain comments, partly because I've seen them at all and so have had anything much to say, but mostly because I know them personally and they know that most of what I've said is either stuff I've said to them privately anyway or stupid shit that doesn't matter. Cage hasn't commented at all in public but has discussed his write-up with me. Micken and Bull have both read it, I know. Abraxas hasn't said anything (to me or publicly) one way or the other. And Con, shameless hawker that he is, is already coining it in on the strength of his position.Anyway, for what it's worth, I'd like to offer a little counterpoint before we go on - the UKFF Big Baws 15, in honour of the guys with the big baws to go out and bump their arses off in one of Scotland's two very shaky-looking rings for our mindless entertainment.No. 15 - Tommyboi - let's be honest, the 'Mania parties have been fucking great fun. He may be a complete Bawbag online, but offline he's genuinely nowhere near as awful. And it either takes GINORMOUS baws or a serious brain trauma to make someone post a pic like that in a publicly accessible folder. MC Tommy, we salute you!No. 14 - Jonny Lions - I know jack about the guy, but there were a fair few people watching him on those videos. He didn't look dangerous. Fuck it, dude. If you're pissed off and think the vote was unfair, send tapes out to some more reputable promoters and see if they'll think about using you.No. 13 - Drew McDonald - OK, I like Drew. A lot. He's been around the block more times than you've had hot dinners. MOJ has a completely irrational hatred of the man, but in the dressing room or in the ring, Drew McDonald is business to the fucking bones. Whatever you think of his work, the guy has earned EVERYONE's respect.No. 12 - Brad Fusion - I used to love him. I've not seen him in a while, but he had a great body, cool highspots and with a bit of spit and polish could have been a top player. I just hope he takes this as encouragement to push himself on to that next level.=11 - Abraxas - Has potential to be an excellent brawler. Needs to get more aggressive, though. And work on his legs. ;)=11 - Rob McKai - LOLZ.No. 10 - Carl Conroy - Good look. Good mouth. Good promoter, I hear. But a big guy doing too much matwork, eh? Stand up and kill people with forearms and corner splashes, dude! No. 9 - Killian - Is actually pretty freaky to stand next to. He's a big, big man. Once it all clicks for him and he figures out to use it right, he will make small children cry and use the pillow of their mothers' bosoms to hide their sad, ruddied faces from the scary man.No. 8 - Micken - Lives to be a bad guy. I mean, just utterly unlikeable in any way whatsoever. Sleazy, smarmy, nasty, cowardly, selfish, arrogant...oh, sorry. You wanted me to talk about him as a wrestler? Yeah, he's OK, I s'pose. Actually does wear a bin bag to the ring though. Chant this at him next time you see him.No. 7 - Raging Bull - DOES know how to work as a big, evil, fat man. Story time~! I used to take my girlfriend's nephew to SWA shows. He loved them (he's a huge mark for Falcon, White Tiger, Majik and Con, by the way). So anyway, one day shortly after Bull turned on Scott Renwick, he asks me "Kenny, does Raging Bull work in <a shop>?" I said, "yes, I think he does work there," then enquired "did you talk to him?". "No," said the youngster, sadly. "I was too scared of him after what he did to his partner last time." The Raging Bull doesn't make kids cry. He makes them shit themselves a fortnight after shows.No. 6 - Bravehart - Looks to have a decent body and be an actual adult man. This is a good start.No. 5 - Highlander - Hey, he's out there running shows that guys enjoy working on and he has a training school that's turned out some really, really good wrestlers. Unless I've got my wires crossed, Wolfgang and Darkside (who both just got very good UKFF 50 ranks) both came from there, while Drew Galloway/McIntyre put in a lot of hours there too. If he's doing that and making some money, fair play to the guy.No. 4 - Mike Musso - Looks great. Lovely guy in person. If he finds a gimmick that suits him, he will go far.No. 3 - Kongo Kev - Meh. I know nothing. Although again, he had a fair crowd on this videos.No. 2 - KG Tyler - Knows what he's trying to do. May well get there - hey, DDP did. ;) I'd prefer to see him as the wise-ass manager of an indestructible A-List, but you take what you can get. After all, most of his matches feature Darko now, so it's not all bad.No. 1 - The i-Baw - God bless Conscience. Seriously, if there's a penny to be made somewhere, this guy's probably doing it. That's because he works harder than perhaps anyone I've ever known in wrestling, and I think that covers some ground. Works too hard in the ring, but I guess that's much better than being a guy who half-arses everything because it's his show and he doesn't have to try. Good guy who's done more for Scottish wrestling than anyone. Go to The Gathering. Hell, even if he's shit, there's Wolfgang Vs. Martin Stone in the main event. :thumbsup: Now, you'll note that I've not yet posted the number one. That's because of what I'm about to post separately. I should confess that I feel absurdly bad about who came top, but mostly because with the top few names so close, I was concerned that with my naming of the email address for the the poll, I had unduly influenced the electorate. However, as I made clear on a number of occasions, I didn't vote and I didn't make up comments. I just re-hashed everything other people had said. Yes, I take responsibility for the results in the way a referee takes responsibility for a boxing match. But if a boxer gets knocked out or even killed, it's not the referee that punched him.So what exactly is my point here? Well, just that I'm saying nothing about the man who "won" this poll with a margin of more than 15%. Someone else says it all soooooo much better...

Having been quite negative about this whole thing earlier, I think this is a good post. I still think some of the stuff said on these threads is uncalled for, especially about wrestler's wives etc. but a round-up like this gives something back at least. The original Shitarse left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth and I make no apologies for it - perhaps a round-up like this might have made a difference.

• Paid Members

Also, being a 3-time National champ freestyle wrestler and European shoot champ aint too shabby either

I'm going to say this is rubbish.
Maybe he is the European shoot champ at pillow biting...i mean pillow fighting! See what i did there.....two slightly inside references! I guess that makes me a smarky internet fan too! Hopefully James Wallace hates me as well! :laugh:

Dear James WallacePlease do everything you threatened to do to Kenny McBride to yourself and keep doing it till you've beaten yourself to death.If you can't bring yourself to do this i'll meet you at playtime behind the building for a fight and do it for you. It should get me over with, y'know, everyone on earth even your mum & dad.In closing grow up you tit.All the bestPunk :)

Might as well just go though all this now :Jonny Lions - the intial match of his that was posted wasn't that bad but I cringed at him wrestling the kid, also apears to be one of the best performers in is promotion which is a problem, some of the roster can appear to do decent stuff but the word underdeveloped comes to mind. After what he said I probably will go to a show if I happen to be in that area. But may not anounce myself before hand just incase it's a trap :) Drew McDonald - I think I only ever seen 3 matches all of which I thought were ok, I understand why some people wouldn't like him because doe's seem to have quit a basic style but I have never seen a match of his and thought it was really bad. Brad Fusion - havn't seen an awful lot of brad he's never really intrested me, hve found memories of him geting squassed by sabotage :)=11 - Abraxas - have seen next to nothing on him, can't really coment.=11 - Rob McKai - will repeat what kenny said. LOLZ. Carl Conroy - never got to see wild when I was up in scotland so no nothing about his ringwork has a good concept with wild though..No. 9 - Killian - Not a scooby.No. 8 - Micken - Never seen the lader match that was talked about but confermed what I used to think of him decent wrester but he's not a high fligher he just isn't. Flght? yeah ok whatever.No. 7 - Raging Bull - some decent points made in the write up with main advice being trim down a bit, so fair enough.No. 6 - Bravehart - PassNo. 5 - Highlander - Kenny has already mentioned the good thing being that he has brought though a lot of good wreslters which is a non ballbag thing to do, Never liked him as a performer himself though and if I had to vote he would have been the first name in my head. Was quite critical of his product during the time I watched it, to the point he added me on MSN but I never see him anymore, the fact he took intrest in me because I didn't like the product was probably a good thing. The main problem I had was even though they had good talent they all got put on the under card while mr import flavor of the week got put on the main event. never really prmoted their shows beyond "look who were bringing over" I like being given reasons to care but never thought BCW did that. they don't appear to be doing that anymore and their talent seems to be shining though.Mike Musso - Abosulutly no idea what so ever. Kongo Kev - See jonny lions nothing to really add about him. - KG Tyler - actually explained to me how he's geting booked, makes sense and from what i've seen he do's tend to get protected is not like they have in in 20 minute epics and try and use him to his strangths. Conscience. - can just about understand the self elevation critisisim, however I have a point, I may be wrong here but do's he actually book the NWA british title? it's not an SWA exclusive belt as far as I know and if i'm not mistaking only held the SWA title once then never got it back again. Tends not not to job much at least not the last time I saw him 3 years ago I XVII pinned him and it was only soposed to be the third time in history.Mr wallace - oh dear, oh dear, oh dear that is not how you respond to somthing like this that's a threat and is out of order. Misses the point nobodys saying he's a bad wreslter just that his attitude is Ballbagy which he just proves there silly manKenny may be right in that he may have infulenced votes. but so did moj I tihnk but moj dosen't seem to care about that.

Conscience. - can just about understand the self elevation critisisim, however I have a point, I may be wrong here but do's he actually book the NWA british title? it's not an SWA exclusive belt as far as I know and if i'm not mistaking only held the SWA title once then never got it back again. Tends not not to job much at least not the last time I saw him 3 years ago I XVII pinned him and it was only soposed to be the third time in history.

The NWA-UK title finds it's home around an SWA guys waist, but you're right in thinking it's not our title. It's Hammerlocks which comes under the control of Andre Baker.Funny thing about jobbing... when I was down at TXW for a show last year, the night before their promoter asked "Who's SWA's jobber?" to which Con took a moment to think about his recent loss record before saying "Seems to be me these days..."For the ones you don't know about check out the DVD's available at Ringside Live and have a peek at the roster thats been shining through.All that typing for a cheap plug for a store I have absolutely no stock in :(

Simple really...I have little care for trouble nowadays, I've had enough in my time (as you know) so I work for McGregor now 4-6 days a week, I keep a low profile and don't bother anyone, so I don't expect anyone to bother me. I think it's reasonable. So...Heard word of your experiment on UKFF etc wherever it is...Unlike most useless cunts who think they can wrestle, I make a full-time living from wrestling - no bad for a 'bawbag' really.So, If I appear in your list, please show up and confront me next time I work in Scotland - also, bring a big baseball bat or a few mates, you'll need it. Im working for Musso next month Sept 19, 20, 21 - otherwise I shall be working in England for Ian McGregor,Also, being a 3-time National champ freestyle wrestler and European shoot champ aint too shabby either - you probs already know that. But you'll find out first hand if I ever meet you.One thing that benefits you, I don't know that you look like, mainly cos ur not important enough to be cared out. So like I said, I appear in the list - you cannot complain whats coming to you.If you'd like my number, just ask, I'd be more than happy to hear an apology - It'll buy you a 'Get out of being choked out free card' ;-)I sincerely mean all of this, truth be told I'm a fairly nice and polite fella, but don't like being hassled. I don't react well to it. Don't cause trouble for me or yourself. It's completely useless and makes no sense.Have a good day,Jim

laughing.jpgIf you didn't deserve to be Scotland's worst wrestler on account of your in-ring skills, you deserve it on account of that email. Brilliant.

Also, being a 3-time National champ freestyle wrestler and European shoot champ aint too shabby either - you probs already know that. But you'll find out first hand if I ever meet you.Have a good day,Jim

well in that case kenny im a former commenwealth and Olympic squad athelete and if you fuck with me again i will hold an opening ceremony in your living room youve been warned

Also, being a 3-time National champ freestyle wrestler and European shoot champ aint too shabby either - you probs already know that. But you'll find out first hand if I ever meet you.Have a good day,Jim

well in that case kenny im a former commenwealth and Olympic squad athelete and if you fuck with me again i will hold an opening ceremony in your living room youve been warned
:laugh: x 1,000,000Best. Post. Ever.

I'm amazed he managed to find the time to reach such a high standard of excellence in these most demanding of fields given the amount of time he spends on all that childrens charity work.

Wow, big hard man Wallace sends threatening email! :/ Wallace, have you ever stopped and wondered why people have such a low opinion of yourself?You would have been better off either laughing it off eg Spud and Conscience or just not even commenting at all.You are't that bad a wrestler and if you wasn't such a real life cunt, you probably wouldn't even be anywhere near the top.