The UKFF Comics n Graphic Novels thread

Famous Mortimer

I quite like the look for it, and I have to admit I'm pretty stoked for the Arrow too. I read an synopsis and found out what they've changed (Star City is now Starling City, Dinah Lance is called Laurel Lance) but it's nothing at all. It has a Grell feeling to it which I love.

Sadly, all this means I'll have to change my sig. And after hearing some more positive reviews for Green Arrow, I may give it a quick look again, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Paid Members
Can anyone reccomend a good Street Fighter Graphic novel that would make a suitable Christmas gift?

Is there anything recent out, or something comprehensive touching on all characters rather than one? Anything like that would be very helpful.

Anything by Udon comics would be best, if you're looking for something touching on all characters then find a copy of "Round 1" or "The Ultimate Edition Volume 1" which add all the side stories from the comics and it's huge.

Before i spend a fortune on the wrong thing, is this the Ultimate Edition you mean?

street-fighter-ultimate-edition-00.jpg

• Paid Members
Sadly, all this means I'll have to change my sig. And after hearing some more positive reviews for Green Arrow, I may give it a quick look again, but I'm not holding my breath.

I didn't want to read Green Arrow partly because of your sig and then you changed your sig partly because of my Green Arrow review? How meta.

To be fair, it wasn't just you. I was talking it with the owner of Paradox in Poole (plug) and he said it wasn't as bad as the first issue made out. But yeah, your review got me to calm down and wanting to do a Red Dwarf themed sig to celebrate the new series not being utterly shit got me to change the sig.

Just please reassure me that he doesn't trawl through youtube to find villians anymore. That was fucking awful. As if Deathstroke would take time out of murder and mayhem to upload a video of his cat doing something nefarious.

• Paid Members

Is the post new 52 reboot Superman any good? As previously mentioned in this thread I read Justice league which I didn't really like but how is he in his own titles? I wanted to read some more new 52 and it's a toss up between superman, the flash and aquaman, which one would you recommend?

Also I really hate the fact that martian manhunter isn't in the new justice league (as far as I've read), it just doesn't feel right without him.

• Paid Members

So a very brief one from me, as I'm awaiting delivery of various volumes of new 52 stuff in the post, I've thought of starting a comic book/graphic novel/general related stuff review website.

Its just planning stages at the moment, but if anybody who reads comic books on an issue by issue basis, via the collected volumes or even older collected books/graphic novels, please do drop me a PM if you fancy writing some reviews whilst you read!

It's nothing to "serious" but I thought It'd be cool.

Edited by Bowyo T

Any Marvel fans got an opinion on the Marvel NOW! "re-boot" or whatever it is?

I've never read any marvel comics, but thinking of picking up All New X-Men next month and maybe making that a regular title to pick up

Well it is and isn't a reboot. It's continuing on from Avengers v X-Men (which I quite enjoyed, but I know others didn't) and they're mixing and matching the creative teams. I'm pretty excited about it, got a lot of titles on my subscription. So far the only one out is Uncanny Avengers which was pretty good. It's a good time to jump on but you might wanna look up the events of AvX just to get an idea of what happened.

Any Marvel fans got an opinion on the Marvel NOW! "re-boot" or whatever it is?

I've never read any marvel comics, but thinking of picking up All New X-Men next month and maybe making that a regular title to pick up

Well it is and isn't a reboot. It's continuing on from Avengers v X-Men (which I quite enjoyed, but I know others didn't) and they're mixing and matching the creative teams. I'm pretty excited about it, got a lot of titles on my subscription. So far the only one out is Uncanny Avengers which was pretty good. It's a good time to jump on but you might wanna look up the events of AvX just to get an idea of what happened.

Yeah, that's why I put re-boot in speech marks, I didn't really know what to call it.

I'll take your advice regarding AvX though. Is that a long series? I'm a Digital reader, so may look at picking it up before the All New X-Men series starts. I'm only really interested in picking up the X-Men titles for now, but that could change

AvX was 12 issues and various tie in issues.

Are the tie in issues the "Infinite" issues? Just been looking on Comixology and there are 12 issues, and various numbered issues where there is, for example Issue 1 and also Issue 1: Infinite.

I've just picked up X-Men Season 1, as I've said before I'm not really all that into X-Men, so thought this may help

Edited by pryko

• Paid Members
AvX was 12 issues and various tie in issues.

Are the tie in issues the "Infinite" issues? Just been looking on Comixology and there are 12 issues, and various numbered issues where there is, for example Issue 1 and also Issue 1: Infinite.

No. The tie in comics are basically Avengers and X-Men, etc. They each tell the stories from various characters' points of view.

The 'infinite' comics are specifically digitally-optimised, which are almost animated. It's difficult to explain, but works nicely.