The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

On a related note, I watched a documentary a few weeks ago that was some sort of attempt to re-vitalise Von Daniken's standing. They had a few skeptics on, but they were quickly brushed under the carpet. I thought he'd been so thoroughly discredited that he'd never come back, but oh no, the believers don't care how much of a charlatan you are.

What channel was the documentary on?

Von Daniken's a lunatic. Even his spiritual successor, Graham Hancock, doesn't buy into any of Von Daniken's shit.

I remember reading Fingerprints of the Gods when I was about 18, and being blown away by it. Now even he accepts his theories in it are bunkum. Disappointing, but an education for me in how actual scientific investigation and methodology works.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
This is a bit more like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YPffKmZYv4...feature=popular

UFO! Fighter jets! Wobbly cam!

I think that's particularly good and intriguing footage, but why did it stop when it did? What about other witnesses? What happened next? I've heard the MoD have refused to comment, which is also interesting. Suppose they could have been testing a new fancy aircraft.