The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
I have no idea what you're asking with that question. But the reason I capitalised that is because that is as good as a collective term as any to describe the USA post-911; domestic and foreign policy, the prevailing attitudes and the atmosphere/environment they have created. Which is the relevant point to my post.

What the hell are you talking about?

David?

I have no idea what you're asking with that question. But the reason I capitalised that is because that is as good as a collective term as any to describe the USA post-911; domestic and foreign policy, the prevailing attitudes and the atmosphere/environment they have created. Which is the relevant point to my post.

David?

Sorry mate, I've been busy with, y'know, real life.

Once I have some time I'll see about an answer.

Since breakfast you've had sufficient time to post a catty rejoinder to SpursRiot and change your avatar. How much time do you need to articulate the meaning of 12 words spread across 2 sentences?

Edit: On further inspection you've also posted 8 times in 5 other threads.

Edited by Pinc

• Paid Members
Since breakfast you've had sufficient time to post a catty rejoinder to SpursRiot and change your avatar. How much time do you need to articulate the meaning of 12 words spread across 2 sentences?

I'm sure it was Duane, but it could also have been aaron or any of the other interchangeable complete idiots that we had at one point in this thread, but "I'll reply when I have time" is basically their code for "I have no comeback to that, I'll wait for the topic to change".

I'm sure it got so bad with Duane that mods were forcing him to reply under threat of bans and suspensions.

David?

Yeah, it was just a simple question really. I asked if Chest bought into the whole idea of the "war on terror". I suspected that he doesn't, and that he knows it's not quite as black & white as us being the good guys and anyone who takes issue with our foreign policy being the bad guys.

His later post clarified that.

• Paid Members

I'm sure it was Duane, but it could also have been aaron or any of the other interchangeable complete idiots that we had at one point in this thread, but "I'll reply when I have time" is basically their code for "I have no comeback to that, I'll wait for the topic to change".

I'm sure it got so bad with Duane that mods were forcing him to reply under threat of bans and suspensions.

Not replying on a topic for a few hours or a day or two is hardly a fair comparison to Duane's regular fortnight disappearances, is it? Plus I've not seen David post all that much in off-topic recently but even when he did it's not as if I remember him having form for this.

Not replying on a topic for a few hours or a day or two is hardly a fair comparison to Duane's regular fortnight disappearances, is it? Plus I've not seen David post all that much in off-topic recently but even when he did it's not as if I remember him having form for this.

He did reply though; to say that he was too busy with real life to reply. He then found the time to reply again, after posting 8 times elsewhere, to say that "it was just a simple question really".

I think its quite clear he'd realised his question to Chest was incoherent and had begun indulging in some Duane-esque stalling.

• Paid Members

Does it matter? Let's face it, if it was almost anyone else then you or anyone else wouldn't have cared how long it took he or she to reply or whether they chose to spend their time in other threads.

You're speaking a bit too much sense Devon. My lack of response obviously didn't have anything to do with me not having the time to properly read through the past few posts and actually figure out what the issue was with such a simple question (which Chest answered in his reply), and to take the time to reply.

It also appears that my posting in and taking time to read the MMA threads on a day when one of the biggest fights of the year takes place is also some sort of stalling tactic. I apologise for not realising that my non-reply in this thread was causing both Pinc & SpursRiot such issues.

He did reply though; to say that he was too busy with real life to reply. He then found the time to reply again, after posting 8 times elsewhere, to say that "it was just a simple question really".

If you look at it, it was a really simple question though. I know this is the conspiracy thread and all that, but there was no hidden meaning or secret agenda behind what I asked. Really.

I think its quite clear he'd realised his question to Chest was incoherent and had begun indulging in some Duane-esque stalling.

Hmmmm. Not really. Check the sequence of events. It pretty much speaks for itself.

You want to maybe consider the fact that Dzokhar is 19 years old - the War on Terror has been going on for over half his life, and began pretty much when he arrived in the USA. Consider growing up in that environment might have some kind of effect on his mind?

The war on "terror"? You surely don't buy into that, do you?

Yeah, it was just a simple question really. I asked if Chest bought into the whole idea of the "war on terror". I suspected that he doesn't, and that he knows it's not quite as black & white as us being the good guys and anyone who takes issue with our foreign policy being the bad guys.

His later post clarified that.

It all appears pretty easy to follow as far as I'm concerned, and I tend to agree with Devon that if anyone else had posted such a trivial question it would have went un-noticed, and certainly wouldn't have warranted any discussion in the paid section.

I'll break it down further for you, since I've got some spare time. Chest mentioned the "war on terror", which is a nifty little phrase used by some media outlets, and an alarming amount of US citizens to describe their foreign policy, and also to justify what the US armed forces do in other parts of the world.

I was curious if Chest was using the phrase in such a way that the above mentioned media outlets and citizens do (which I thought unlikely to be honest), or as a phrase to simply describe the whole situation post-2001.

He clarified his views, and that was that. Or so I thought.

Have I given you enough of my time Pinc? Am I free to return to posting in the UFC threads without you checking up on me?

Edited by David

Let's face it, if it was almost anyone else then you or anyone else wouldn't have cared how long it took he or she to reply or whether they chose to spend their time in other threads.

I tend to agree with Devon that if anyone else had posted such a trivial question it would have went un-noticed, and certainly wouldn't have warranted any discussion in the paid section.

I haven't a clue who David is or about any reputation for posting shite that he apparently has, and I don't have access to the paid forum.

I also don't care which threads he spends his time in, but to say that you're too busy with 'real life' to respond to a simple question before spending the afternoon posting elsewhere on the same message board is an obvious stalling tactic. All the more obvious when your eventual reply is a couple of sentences saying "it was just a simple question really".

But that's a trite, asinine point that had nothing to do with what Chest had posted.

• Paid Members
I also don't care which threads he spends his time in, but to say that you're too busy with 'real life' to respond to a simple question before spending the afternoon posting elsewhere on the same message board is an obvious stalling tactic. All the more obvious when your eventual reply is a couple of sentences saying "it was just a simple question really".

Why does it matter? All this is doing is shitting up one of the most consistently interesting topics on the forum.