The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

On a serious note, with all the info that's been put out there by media and the authorities, what's the opinion? Is it all simply an open and shut case, exactly as the authorities and media are saying it went down? Or, as some people seem to be saying, is there aspects of this situation that simply don't add up?

• Moderators

What aspects don't add up? Apart from this naked guy stuff, what are people picking on as holes in the story?

In the immediate going on and aftermath it seemed like a fairly coherent timeline of events given the confusion, but I admit I haven't really reviewed it since, nor have I read what questions are being asked.

What aspects don't add up? Apart from this naked guy stuff, what are people picking on as holes in the story?

In the immediate going on and aftermath it seemed like a fairly coherent timeline of events given the confusion, but I admit I haven't really reviewed it since, nor have I read what questions are being asked.

I've not had the time to really follow it myself, but I've seen a few interviews with what look like normal US citizens, just bystanders in the street, who seem to think that something isn't quite right with it all.

Also, I've heard this CISPA act mentioned frequently. Anyone got any idea why there are shitloads of people upset about this?

normal US citizens

There's your answer. These are the people who get abductued by aliens and have their children raped by communists.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not talking about people who are doing sit-down interviews with Alex Jones, I'm talking about people who were basically standing on their front lawns watching everything unfold, and people coming home from work etc.

• Paid Members

I've not had the time to really follow it myself, but I've seen a few interviews with what look like normal US citizens, just bystanders in the street, who seem to think that something isn't quite right with it all.

Also, I've heard this CISPA act mentioned frequently. Anyone got any idea why there are shitloads of people upset about this?

It's because the bill got passed by one section of the house while this was all going on so the conspiracists are claiming that this was all one big smoke screen to cover up the fact that they were going to sneak this bill through while no-one was looking. More fuel to the false flag fire.

The fact that the group Anonymous mentioned it while it was going on during the night and that on Monday they are campaigning for another Internet blackout would suggest it hasn't got by that quietly.

What did these normal US citizens say? Its difficult to comment either way without knowing what apparently isn't quite right with all.

• Moderators
Yep. That's them.

Shut up. You're not funny.

What did these normal US citizens say? Its difficult to comment either way without knowing what apparently isn't quite right with all.

I'm assuming David is referring to the comments about suspect #2 being a normal guy. There have been a lot of people saying that he seemed totally normal, friendly, a regular kind of kid, and that they are all very shocked by what he allegedly did.

Yep. That's them.

I'm assuming David is referring to the comments about suspect #2 being a normal guy. There have been a lot of people saying that he seemed totally normal, friendly, a regular kind of kid, and that they are all very shocked by what he allegedly did.

Innumerable murderers have been described the same way in hindsight.

Yep. That's them.

I was being quite serious. When you're raised in such an insular, paranoid and sensationalist society, it's no surprise when you turn out to err on the suspicious side. There are obviously exceptions but when your average American man-in-the-street thinks that 'something isn't quite right' there's really no need for the rest of us to be alarmed.

Pretty much. I'm not suggesting that they aren't responsible or that there's a mega-secret conspiracy that framed them, but there has to be more to it than two guys deciding to blow the shit out of people?

• Moderators
I was being quite serious. When you're raised in such an insular, paranoid and sensationalist society, it's no surprise when you turn out to err on the suspicious side. There are obviously exceptions but when your average American man-in-the-street thinks that 'something isn't quite right' there's really no need for the rest of us to be alarmed.

Well you're an uninformed stereotyping idiot then.