The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

The general gist of the show is that Aliens have been around and interfering in the history of humanity since the beginning of civilisation. Great show for the tin foil hat brigade, don't you think?

I can't watch the youtube clips because I'm at work, but I'd have loved to have seen this show, is it repeated?

My brother-in-law thinks alien giants built the pyramids, then mated with pygmies -- the earth's indigenous species -- and that's where humans come from.

You have to admit though, there's a lot of ancient stuff like the pyramids and the sphinx that almost seem well ahead of their time. I'm not saying Aliens built them or tought them how, but I'd definately like to learn more about the theory. I love watching stuff like that on Sky's Documentary Channels.

It's fascinating stuff Kris. I believe it's important to understand the past in order to understand the present and future. The thing is some stuff is still in the realms of the unexplained, so we can't fully understand where we are at/going to go... Deep stuff eh? :)

Some people theorise the truth of our true origins is suppressed information.

I'm currently hooked on watching Rich D Halls programmes on Showcase (Sky 201) - planetstarship and richplanet.net

He has some guests on there covering some freaky stuff! Caught one the other day about a hybrid ET/human, examining a skull of this hybrid starchild that had been discovered. The missing link was mentioned too, between Neanderthals and Chromandals. Apparently the missing link has still not been discovered.

EDIT: I'll post the video, I'm sure it's online.

This looks like the one:

Alien Ancestors - richplanet.net (25mins)

Edited by Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Would it be that sad, if all of this stuff was infact complete bollocks?

i mean im nota believer or anything like that, but id like to think there is life out there in the universe etc etc, but for me anything like aliens/random shit happening/ghosts/crazy conspiricys/other general fictional stuff........its just all really really aload of bollocks. Again id love for aliens to be real, and even the concept they could travel X ammount of millions of lights years to seek out (in terms of interstella travelling alien contrast) a level of life form that is very much benieth them.

Again religion/other fictional stuff is great and i wish people all the best in there faith/conspiricy theories, but is it so hard to accept that yes out origins are a mystery, but it's more likely to be something alot more scientific that aliens or a mythical creator, etc etc.

Would it be that bad if life really was that straight forward?

• Paid Members
It's fascinating stuff Kris. I believe it's important to understand the past in order to understand the present and future.

Exactly why you should ignore all this paranormal/alien shit until theres, you know, actual proof. Otherwise you're not understanding history, you're just thinking bollocks.

I'm currently hooked on watching Rich D Halls programmes on Showcase (Sky 201) - planetstarship and richplanet.net

He has some guests on there covering some freaky stuff! Caught one the other day about a hybrid ET/human, examining a skull of this hybrid starchild that had been discovered. The missing link was mentioned too, between Neanderthals and Chromandals. Apparently the missing link has still not been discovered.

EDIT: I'll post the video, I'm sure it's online.

This looks like the one:

Alien Ancestors - richplanet.net (25mins)

Starchild skull, was that not outed years ago as the skull of a kid who had some kind of illness?

• Paid Members
Starchild skull, was that not outed years ago as the skull of a kid who had some kind of illness?

Yes, they used science to conclude that the child probably had Crouzon syndrome. But that's not quite as exciting as 'STARCHILD', so the nutters rightly disregarded that conclusion.

• Paid Members

Yep.

"What about their confident prediction that DNA testing will prove the child was alien? Well, a DNA sample was taken from the skull, and was subjected to DNA probes designed to detect sequences of DNA that are unique to humans (performed by Dr. David Sweet, Director of the Bureau of Legal Dentistry at the University of British Columbia) The Starchild skull DNA was found to contain both an X and a Y chromosome. This is conclusive evidence that the child was not only human (and male), but both of his parents must have been human as well, for each must have contributed one of the human sex chromosomes.

If a child suffered from untreated hydrocephalus until age four or five, their skull would display distortions in almost every feature. All of the proper bones, prominences, holes, and sutures would be present, as they are in the Starchild skull, but they would be deformed and displaced. This is exactly what we find in the Starchild skull.

Hydrocephalus builds up over time, so a child with this disorder could survive several years, and if untreated (today hydrocephalus is treatable with surgery to drain the fluid) would probably die at several years of age. The resulting large bulbous head would be vaguely reminiscent of the typical image of a gray alien.

The authors virtually ignore this mundane explanation, and dismiss it on unsound grounds. They also go to great lengths to interpret the skull in line with their clearly preferred hypothesis. They therefore demonstrate the central feature of pseudoscience

• Paid Members
It's fascinating stuff Kris. I believe it's important to understand the past in order to understand the present and future.

Exactly why you should ignore all this paranormal/alien shit until theres, you know, actual proof. Otherwise you're not understanding history, you're just thinking bollocks.

I would rather look at this stuff with an open mind than ignore it altogether. I'm of the belief that's its quite an arrogant view that we are the only intelligent life out there. That's not to say I believe Alien's have been here, although it wouldn't suprise me if they had.

Yes, they used science to conclude that the child probably had Crouzon syndrome. But that's not quite as exciting as 'STARCHILD', so the nutters rightly disregarded that conclusion.

Is there not also some tribes out there who tie rope or something around the head of young kids to alter the shape of the skull? or did I dream that?

• Paid Members

I would rather look at this stuff with an open mind than ignore it altogether. I'm of the belief that's its quite an arrogant view that we are the only intelligent life out there. That's not to say I believe Alien's have been here, although it wouldn't suprise me if they had.

No I agree with that. But theres a difference between having an open mind to possibilities and having a mind so open that logic falls out. Until theres evidence (should have said evidence rather than proof) though all people are doing is removing themselves from understanding the actual history of culture and our planet. As a history student I find it utterly ... Im not sure what the best phrase is, certainly mind blowing.

As for intellegent life, yeah I'd be amazed if there wasnt (though how terrifying would it be if this was the only place in existance with any kind of life?!).

Is there not also some tribes out there who tie rope or something around the head of young kids to alter the shape of the skull? or did I dream that?

No, you got that from the eminent scientific journal "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008).

• Paid Members
No, you got that from the eminent scientific journal "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008).

HAHA! Shit, really? I knew I'd heard it somewhere :laugh:

• Paid Members
Yet X ammount of time in, (as a race i tihnk the mayans didnt last that long), they either all killed each other, generally died out or got invaided and killed. So well done mayans, fucking well done.

Erm, the Mayan people are still around today, so even after the Spainish ran roughshod over them, yeah ... well done Mayans.

Im aware the are still on going, but from what i can see its not how it was when the mayans where a huge race. i think at best they never were a massive "race" of people, but correct in saying well done to them. Again one of the older mayan tribe members has also said its pure bollocks, yet nobody reports that do they?

Totally agree 2012 is pretty much bollocks, when I was over in Mexico on my honeymoon we did a tour of Chitchen Itza and our Mayan guide said how it was all bollocks and basically stupid US interpretation of their culture.

And with regard to their stature as a race, they weren't on the grand scheme of things a massive race, the fact Aztecs outnumbered them pretty much on their doorstep tells us that. They were however VERY intelligent and years ahead of most other cultures when it comes to mathematics and astronomy, ooh and architecture.

Nabbed this off Facebook:

We are all binary in a matrix. add your year of birth '74 for example plus your age this coming year - 111. and anyone born after 2000 will always add up to 11............food for thought

I'm 35 this year, born '76. 35 + 76 = 111

Anyone it doesn't work for? I wanna know!

Bizarre... Or can any naturally scientifically inclined left brain thinkers explain it away? :)

EDIT:

Oh by the way I don't believe Matrix film is real, thought I better get in there 1st ;):p

...well I know how some you vocal few think.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

Yet X ammount of time in, (as a race i tihnk the mayans didnt last that long), they either all killed each other, generally died out or got invaided and killed. So well done mayans, fucking well done.

Erm, the Mayan people are still around today, so even after the Spainish ran roughshod over them, yeah ... well done Mayans.

Im aware the are still on going, but from what i can see its not how it was when the mayans where a huge race. i think at best they never were a massive "race" of people, but correct in saying well done to them. Again one of the older mayan tribe members has also said its pure bollocks, yet nobody reports that do they?

Totally agree 2012 is pretty much bollocks, when I was over in Mexico on my honeymoon we did a tour of Chitchen Itza and our Mayan guide said how it was all bollocks and basically stupid US interpretation of their culture.

And with regard to their stature as a race, they weren't on the grand scheme of things a massive race, the fact Aztecs outnumbered them pretty much on their doorstep tells us that. They were however VERY intelligent and years ahead of most other cultures when it comes to mathematics and astronomy, ooh and architecture.

What do you think about the fact that there are Pyramids to be found in several far apart locations on our planet? Most notably Egypt, South America plus there other lesser known ones in Bosnia and Vietnam, if I recall correctly. It's been theorised this is because we are all connected by one consciousness... Anyone heard of the 100th monkey effect? I'll post a video about it when I find one.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

What do you think about the fact that there are Pyramids to be found in several far apart locations on our planet? Most notably Egypt, South America plus there other lesser known ones in Bosnia and Vietnam, if I recall correctly. It's been theorised this is because we are all connected by one consciousness... Anyone heard of the 100th monkey effect? I'll post a video about it when I find one.

They share a basic shape, but are built in so many different ways that they are barely related as buildings.

http://anth507.tripod.com/pyramids.htm

If you want to know why they share the basic shape, think about it for a second... narrow at the top means less heavy blocks to lift upwards.

Oh, the 100th monkey thing is utter bollocks and was shown as being made up in the first place years ago.

http://skepdic.com/monkey.html

Edited by ReturnOfTheMack