The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
Also happened in the terrible US series FlashForward. Though I forgive you all for not knowing that, as it was terrible.

I actually really liked Flash Forward. I was pretty pissed off that they left us on a cliffhanger then cancelled it!

• Paid Members
Also happened in the terrible US series FlashForward. Though I forgive you all for not knowing that, as it was terrible.

I actually really liked Flash Forward. I was pretty pissed off that they left us on a cliffhanger then cancelled it!

I didnt watch it, although how many "Insert crazy sci-fi related storyline here" storys can the US do at one time? for example, there was LOST, then 4400 .........then heros, then flashforward.

To mean it came across as: "This friday, why not watch this crazy program. Everybody sees all this crazy shit, but what does it mean?" etc etc. Basically, we'd kind of seen the whole "What the hell is going on?" sort of thing before.

• Paid Members
2012 is getting closer, I can imagine more things like this will happen as 21.12.2012 draws ever closer.

Not to start a big thing about that whole 2012 bollocks, but its is all pure bollocks you understand? its been said many a time by historians/experts (and i user that term in reference to various professors who study the mayans (sp?)), the the Mayan Callender ends on the 21st of december 2012...........because that is when they stopped making the damn calender. It doesnt mean anything, Mayans could see, nor predict anything at all, and although very good at maths to work out a very long calender, they just stopped at a certain point, and it looks like it was on that date. Did they pick that date to stop at? Who knows, but i doubt it.

So on that day, nothing is going to happen. At all. Other than the winter solstice of that year. All people of importance, (Professors, Historians, mayanic experts specifically and i even remeber a guy who is decended from mayans,[who consults on mayan history]), have said its all complete bollocks. I cannot stand the fact that when discovering this mayan calander, they must of said "I wonder why it runs out on this date?", to which the other replied jokingly "Maybe its the end of the world? LOL". Since then somebody has picked this up, and its spread liek wild fire around the world to a point where (mostly) anybody who knows anything about the 2012 thing, thinks the world is going to end.

Christ alive.

• Paid Members

Oh, is it a Mayan thing? I thought it was just as simple as having lots of 1s and 2s in the date because that's usually as little as it takes to get berks like Steveo worked up.

• Paid Members
Oh, is it a Mayan thing? I thought it was just as simple as having lots of 1s and 2s in the date because that's usually as little as it takes to get berks like Steveo worked up.

The idea is the mayans worked out this massive calender, and if you work it all out, the last date is the 21st, of the 12th........2012. But thats just it, its litterally just the fact its the end of the calender, nothing else. But people are banging on about this things "Oh it must be the end of the world". Yes, because it being jsut the end of the caldener is a crazy idea and it being the end of the world is a far more sane idea.........isn't it? :dry:

Do these people always think the world is ending every year? And all year, every year the say "31st of december, its the end of the WORLD!!!". christ

Why could the Mayans predict some renewal shit 400 years later on, but they couldn't see the Spanish over the hill. Fat load of good this future shit did them.

Exactly, they were very good at maths. Hence why they had this massive calender. Its got nothing to do with space/the stars or owt like that. They just worked out how many days are in a day/month/year and made a huge calender. Yet X ammount of time in, (as a race i tihnk the mayans didnt last that long), they either all killed each other, generally died out or got invaided and killed. So well done mayans, fucking well done.

Edited by Bowyo T

• Paid Members
2012 is getting closer, I can imagine more things like this will happen as 21.12.2012 draws ever closer.

Why?

We're all going to die then, you know.

I'm all for it. It's probably the only thing that will shut you and Duane up.

• Paid Members
Yet X ammount of time in, (as a race i tihnk the mayans didnt last that long), they either all killed each other, generally died out or got invaided and killed. So well done mayans, fucking well done.

Erm, the Mayan people are still around today, so even after the Spainish ran roughshod over them, yeah ... well done Mayans.