www.shitarsefifty.co.uk - THE SHITARSE FIFTY~~~~!

CracktonMoj

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbie ... really didn't look like he was co-operating with Malenko.

Wrestlers aren't supposed to look like they're co-operating, surely?!
Of course but if in a *real contest* sense Robbie was actually struggling to get out of the hold, then it didn't exactly look like much of a struggle did it?

relic.jpg47 - Robbie BrooksideCalled 'Relic' by some, 'an anachronism' by the Wrestling Observer/Figure Four Weekly monolith, 'mutton dressed as lamb' by someone who I forget, and 'great' by others, Robbie Brookside is a no doubt controversial entry into the SHITARSE FIFTY. Called a legend by people who nevertheless cannot point to a match that validates that claim, Brookside is a man in his forties still trying to play the 17 year old firey young babyface. Has a body comparable to a million Johnny Kickpadz figures out there, but nobody seems to notice. Recent shitarsery includes accepting a payday from WWE, which is fair enough, but the payday led to him losing popularity among hardcore All Star fans who saw it as him selling out, and the abysmal six man tag at LDN Legends Showdown, in which powder thrown in his eyes somehow led to his eye 'hanging out of his socket' and during which Lloyd Ryan sat at ringside rolling his eyes and burying the match to ringside fans. Brookside then left LDN halfway through this feud because they wouldn't put him on a poster in Leicester. The ultimate piss break wrestler.

Dean Malenko vs Robbie BrooksideThe look on Malenko's face at the end says it all.
Robbie Brookside as a heel is frigging awesomeHell's bells, I bit again. That's twice now. Edited by Victor Is God

• Paid Members

ferris.jpg38 - "The Iceman" Edd Ferris

I've been thinking about this for a while and thought I'd point out a few things as there's more than a few half truths in that lot and I'm for the shitarse thread as much as the next guy because its funny as hell but as I actually know a bit about this and might as well make it as factual as possible shitarse.

Here's the thing about Edd Ferris. He started training to wrestle with Hammerlock at approximately the same time as Jonny Storm, Doug Williams and the like. The fact that most of you reading this are saying 'who?' speaks volumes. What speaks more volumes though is what is about to be said: Edd Ferris used to wrestle all over Wales, What speaks more volumes though is what is about to be said: Edd Ferris used to wrestle all over Wales, but got slowly dropped from everywhere for having less than no clue. If he was meant to go ten minutes, he'd go twenty. He'd grab the mike and cut unscripted promos.

Whilst he did start training back then he didn't wrestle even vaguely close to regularly until after he finished up at Uni which was about 3 years ago. When he started working fairly regularly 3 years ago he worked initially for Celtic Wrestling where the above incident occurred. He then left only Celtic Wrestling. The above sort of implies that he was blackballed from Wales entirely which is nonsense and it was one incident 3 years ago. I've spoken to Edd about the running over time myth before when I heard about the initial Celtic departure and this myth sprung up. He has only ever gone over time once and that was at a PPW show by 2 minutes because it was the guy he was working's first match. He has never and will never go long for any reason. Sure he's done matches longer than ten minutes but only because he was either supposed to or he wasn't given any sort of an indication that he shouldn't.Now on to the unscripted promos. This was the incident above at Celtic Wrestling. Now to put this in context, none of the promos back then at Celtic were scripted and all wrestlers would regularly get on the mics and cut promos to get themselves over. In one of aforementioned promos Edd said something that pissed off the company and thats where things went sour. Now he didn't swear or anything and wrestlers used to do that regularly there anyway. The reason I bring all that up is it was 1 time 3 YEARS ago! He doesn't act unprofessional on the mic and never has.

If he was going to lose, he'd dominate the entire match before losing in a flukey manner. Ferris has a legitimate martial arts background, which is fair enough, but that has given him the type of ego that means he will not be beaten on like a babyface should be.

I agree with this and I have spoken at length about it when he was working face. He worked far to much like a heel when he was a face and I told him as much. That being said when trying to get oneself over as well as put your opponent over it makes sense to look good before you get beaten. Its wrestling 101 and can be seen on WWE all the time. It doesn't mean that the other guy doesn't get over too especially in a good match. Now if he was told to go out there and get squashed in 5 seconds and in 3 moves, then decided he didn't want to and went into business for himself then I would agree it was well out of order. But he didn't and wouldn't.

When he's a heel, he has nothing bar a smirk - no crowd work, nothing, and he doesn't even give the babyface opportunities to come back before cutting him off, it's just fifteen minutes of beating with no reason to care.

This is the main reason I thought I'd post about this. Its possible that the heel of 3+ years ago version of Edd Ferris didn't work the crowd but it couldn't be further from the truth now. At the last Great British Wrestling show he was such an effective heel that a fully grown man jumped the guard rail and attacked him whilst the rest of the crowd went bat shit crazy for him to get his comeuppance. Frankly some of the most astonishing heel heat I've ever seen in person. Now the babyface come back bit I also think is daft. He's working heel now and he should dominate as long as he looks like a cowardly cheating heal in the process to get heat for the hope spots. Which is EXACTLY what they should be, hope spots. The Baby face shouldn't get in much so it brings the crowd up and down until its time for the finish. The statement is nearly a complete contradiction of the valid point about Edd when he works face.

Has to have simple insider terms (powder, among others) explained to him by wrestlers with much less experience. Does dangerous spots in battle royals for no reason. Argued passionately in favour of having a main event with just opening minute technical stuff. With Nick Aldis. No clue. None. Less than none. Negative clue Edd Ferris.

You have to learn words somewhere and if your not a net smark (which he isn't) the only way you are going to know wrestling vernacular is from other wrestlers. Not knowing some terminology is not the same as not knowing how to wrestle and frankly makes little difference. Edd has never hurt anyone ever in the ring and I'm struggling to think what kind of dangerous spots a technical wrestler would do.The main event in question as I understand it was simply Edd wanting to go one way with the match and Aldis wanting go the other. Nothing more nothing less. Edd wanted to do a technical match as he knew that after the quality big spot fest style match that Mike Bird and The Russian had it would be difficult to follow with a average Allstar style match. As it was the match was ok but the crowd weren't as into it as the aforementioned match. Nobody was really wrong in that situation if they had gone the technical route they may well have had the same reaction but may be they wouldn't have. Its hardly a reason why some one should be considered shitarse. Now in my opinion I don't think Edd deserves to be in the list. In fact I put him in my picks for the UKFF 50 because I think this year he has really stepped up his game and really developed as a performer. The fact that he has wrestled for more promotions up and down the country this year than any other reflects this. In Moj's first post about shitarse he points out that it is more than likely that people who hold grudges etc., more than likely have influence on the results. This is the only reason I can think of for him being on the list. As anyone that's seen him wrestle in the last year will tell you that he is far from the top 50 shitarse in the country. Now Edd may have pissed a few people off more than 3 years ago but that doesn't make him a nightmare to watch or even vaguely a bad wrestler. So, to me, like Robbie Brookside he is definitely not shitarse but that's just my opinion.The name on the other hand. I argued over that one with him for a while whilst he was thinking of changing from 'The Eliminator' my logic was that you need to build name recognition. Flip flopping the name for no reason IS shitarsery and I said as much but again that was over 3 years ago.

Im sad to see edd ferris on this as i found his match with liam thompson in stirling to be amazing.

• Paid Members

It's great how the people quoting Moj don't seem to have read the bit in one of Moj's first posts about the comments. They are all the reasons people gave for voting for said SHITARSE when they sent in their ballots. Now I don't dispute the fact that Moj has included just the ones he finds amusing, after all it is his game in the first place and he should be allowed to use whatever amuses him first and formost. So keep on defence leaping numpties.

Im sad to see edd ferris on this as i found his match with liam thompson in stirling to be amazing.

That'll be the explanation.
I haven't seen a great many of Edd's matches, but the matches he put on for us (WILD) in February were very good and he more than held up his end of the bargain. Liam Thompson is very good, but Edd's contributions to that match should not be underestimated.

Yeah, I haven't seen ANY Edd actually, but the name Liam Thompson in a match generally means you're going to get something from your money.I don't want to disagree with the list yet. The list is my ruler for now. Untill someone I like shows up. Then the list is pish of course.

• Paid Members

It's great how the people quoting Moj don't seem to have read the bit in one of Moj's first posts about the comments. They are all the reasons people gave for voting for said SHITARSE when they sent in their ballots. Now I don't dispute the fact that Moj has included just the ones he finds amusing, after all it is his game in the first place and he should be allowed to use whatever amuses him first and formost. So keep on defence leaping numpties.

Wooah there I'm not having a go at Moj. I just quoted from the original post. I think Moj is funny as hell most of the time. I know they aren't necessarily his views its just a case of copy and paste. Now as for the defence, what's wrong with it? Its a discussion forum after all. Seems a bit daft to just accept some things as fact when it is presented as such. But if you'd rather no one comments on any of them with anything but 'lol ~' then don't take part in a discussion thread. Its not like I came on and said 'U PRICK Y? U NO LIKE HIM?! is it. Just thought I would add my thoughts. Absolutely agree on some of the others from what I've seen though. Edited by DEF

Yeah, I haven't seen ANY Edd actually, but the name Liam Thompson in a match generally means you're going to get something from your money.I don't want to disagree with the list yet. The list is my ruler for now. Untill someone I like shows up. Then the list is pish of course.

At least you have scruples :laugh: