Paid Members Mike Castle Posted July 20, 2008 Paid Members Posted July 20, 2008 It's great how the people quoting Moj don't seem to have read the bit in one of Moj's first posts about the comments. They are all the reasons people gave for voting for said SHITARSE when they sent in their ballots. Now I don't dispute the fact that Moj has included just the ones he finds amusing, after all it is his game in the first place and he should be allowed to use whatever amuses him first and formost. So keep on defence leaping numpties.Wooah there I'm not having a go at Moj. I just quoted from the original post. I think Moj is funny as hell most of the time. I know they aren't necessarily his views its just a case of copy and paste. Now as for the defence, what's wrong with it? Its a discussion forum after all. Seems a bit daft to just accept some things as fact when it is presented as such. But if you'd rather no one comments on any of them with anything but 'lol ~' then don't take part in a discussion thread. Its not like I came on and said 'U PRICK Y? U NO LIKE HIM?! is it. Just thought I would add my thoughts. Absolutely agree on some of the others from what I've seen though.Thing is... those who aren't SHITARSE who manage to land in here will pretty much also be obvious that it wasn't them being crap that got them in, but that people with grudges put them in (Taking the one with Saraya on the "almost" list previously for example). As such, they wont need defending.The true shitarses are going to have people leaping to their defence almost religiously because, hey "they can't be crap because we know them and they're awesome!"
The Cum Doctor Posted July 20, 2008 Posted July 20, 2008 (edited) Thing is... those who aren't SHITARSE who manage to land in here will pretty much also be obvious that it wasn't them being crap that got them in, but that people with grudges put them in (Taking the one with Saraya on the "almost" list previously for example). As such, they wont need defending.Not necessarily true.I count two people in the five that I nominated that have, in the last couple of nights alone, made me sort of regret putting them in. Because of that, I might well defend them depending on if they make it or not. Both of them I nominated because of what I thought of their ring work. So if enough people seen a good wrestler have a pish match and never seen him again, that person might end up in the 50, even if he doesn't deserve to be there.There will also be the sort of people that you talk about, but it won't all be one or the other.EDIT : Not sure what my STD has to do with this topic, unless Tommy is just showing his desire to catch it. I'm more than happy to co-operate. Edited July 20, 2008 by Haraga_Version_One
LittlePreg Posted July 20, 2008 Posted July 20, 2008 (edited) for those wanted to see edd ferris in action to understand why DEF has just taken up 2 minutes of your life by making a huge post/defence http://www.eddferris.com/video.html i do agree we have the right to our opinions, but think we should wait until the list is finished at least and please i hate backyard no more acw links they make me cry inside Edited July 20, 2008 by LittlePreg
Paid Members Mike Castle Posted July 20, 2008 Paid Members Posted July 20, 2008 Thing is... those who aren't SHITARSE who manage to land in here will pretty much also be obvious that it wasn't them being crap that got them in, but that people with grudges put them in (Taking the one with Saraya on the "almost" list previously for example). As such, they wont need defending.Not necessarily true.I count two people in the five that I nominated that have, in the last couple of nights alone, made me sort of regret putting them in. Because of that, I might well defend them depending on if they make it or not. Both of them I nominated because of what I thought of their ring work. So if enough people seen a good wrestler have a pish match and never seen him again, that person might end up in the 50, even if he doesn't deserve to be there.You make a good point there, I stand corrected.
Paid Members DEF Posted July 20, 2008 Paid Members Posted July 20, 2008 (edited) for those wanted to see edd ferris in action to understand why he has just taken up 2 minutes of your life by making a huge post/defencehttp://www.eddferris.com/video.htmli do agree we have the right to our opinions, but think we should wait until the list is finished at least and please i hate backyard no more acw links they make me cry insideEDIT - I can see why it might be a good idea to wait but I thought as they were staggered it made sense to comment as and when they come out. Agreed about the ACW links, posting them just encourages people watch that rubbish. Edited July 20, 2008 by DEF
LittlePreg Posted July 20, 2008 Posted July 20, 2008 yes the links were truly horrible, i felt dirty watching themthe reason i say to wait is, cause you will see the quality of the voters when the list is done, if some quality wrestlers in the list dont deserve to be in there well we will know if there has been a lot of inside "haters" voting (this has been mentioned i know, but its impossible to stop)and we dont know how many people actually voted which is important
The Cum Doctor Posted July 20, 2008 Posted July 20, 2008 the reason i say to wait is, cause you will see the quality of the voters when the list is done, if some quality wrestlers in the list dont deserve to be in there well we will know if there has been a lot of inside "haters" votingSee the point I made above and you'll know that this isn't particularly true. That and who's the law on the quality wrestlers ?
Paid Members DJ Kris Posted July 20, 2008 Paid Members Posted July 20, 2008 39 - Luke AxlAh, the 1PW Academy, where picking a cool name is more important than learning how to work. This guy fails on all counts. Shit worker who throws some of the lightest chops in the country. Jeezum Crow lookit them arms. He'd clearly rape his own grandmother before setting foot in a gym.I thought when you started this thing you said rookies weren't to be included, or am I mistaken?As a special treat, here's two of his peers:You will, of course, notice that those kids have thicker arms than Luke Axl. This makes him a FAIL.To be fair, they have Stone Cold as the ref so it's all good Have to say, I'm suprised by some of the names, from my own experience I can't agree with Ashe at all, but Brookside? Whe I saw his name I was stunned, but when I think about it, I like many others can't think of one match that disputes the claim. I don't agree with the WWE argument though, but that's another matter.
CracktonMoj Posted July 20, 2008 Author Posted July 20, 2008 35 - Paul McSherry He's booked as Peter Staniforth's bodyguard, despite being smaller than him. He's called 'Golden Gloves' Paul McSherry, but he doesn't tape his fists/wear gloves, and his finish is a swinging powerslam. He's flabby and pasty and his gear consists of a pair of trainers (not even boxing boots) and boxing shorts. People in the ring with him have described him as 'the worst there's ever been'. He once got a pie in his face courtesy of a random clown, and sold it by laughing. Try and argue against THIS one.
CracktonMoj Posted July 21, 2008 Author Posted July 21, 2008 (edited) I thought when you started this thing you said rookies weren't to be included, or am I mistaken?I gave guidelines on how to vote - apart from throwing out obvious non-workers like Staniforth, I trusted the voters. Rookies who act like they're tremendous are fair game, but people should know the difference between shit and shit because they're green, and vote accordingly. Edited July 21, 2008 by CracktonMoj
CracktonMoj Posted July 21, 2008 Author Posted July 21, 2008 (edited) 34 - Mike Mendoza Here's a guy that runs to the ring much like The Ultimate Warrior, but at least the Warrior had a character and some rope shaking traits to fill in time once he got there. Mendoza spends most of his time in the ring standing around like a lemon. A very camp lemon. He's a charisma vacuum who can't sell or work. He botches all his moves, and he just does bad, pointless and random tech. Why does he feature on telly? Is it because Jon Ritchie uses the promotion to advertise his shit Dropkixx trainees? Is it because Sanjay Bagga fancies guys with a tan? Who knows? Edited July 21, 2008 by CracktonMoj
CracktonMoj Posted July 21, 2008 Author Posted July 21, 2008 (edited) 33 - American All-Star UCW mainstay dresses like a baseball player. That's it. Has no other redeeming qualities. Is able to be in the most awkward position in threeways on an almost constant basis. Constantly tries high risk offence, high risk in this sense meaning 'high risk of failure'. Sort of grasps the idea of having your moves match your character, as in he does a baseball slide and a windup punch, but does them badly with no sense of timing or knowledge of when to use them. Just plain bad. Edited July 21, 2008 by CracktonMoj
Paid Members DJ Kris Posted July 21, 2008 Paid Members Posted July 21, 2008 I thought when you started this thing you said rookies weren't to be included, or am I mistaken?I gave guidelines on how to vote - apart from throwing out obvious non-workers like Staniforth, I trusted the voters. Rookies who act like they're tremendous are fair game, but people should know the difference between shit and shit because they're green, and vote accordingly.Fair enough, actually, I've come accross a fair few trainees over the past decade who seem to be under the illusion that they know it all, which is a particular shame when you see someone with real potential flush it away because they get ahead of themselves.Here's a question, if you actually did put together a SHITARSE show (sorta like the X-Factor rejects appearing on the final) how many do you think would actually take part?
hitman89762000 Posted July 21, 2008 Posted July 21, 2008 I thought when you started this thing you said rookies weren't to be included, or am I mistaken?I gave guidelines on how to vote - apart from throwing out obvious non-workers like Staniforth, I trusted the voters. Rookies who act like they're tremendous are fair game, but people should know the difference between shit and shit because they're green, and vote accordingly.Fair enough, actually, I've come accross a fair few trainees over the past decade who seem to be under the illusion that they know it all, which is a particular shame when you see someone with real potential flush it away because they get ahead of themselves.Here's a question, if you actually did put together a SHITARSE show (sorta like the X-Factor rejects appearing on the final) how many do you think would actually take part?All of them..Their ego would stop them from refusing.
CracktonMoj Posted July 21, 2008 Author Posted July 21, 2008 I have no idea how many would turn up. I have a few ideas swirling around to maximise the chances, but I don't know how feasable they are. In all honesty, I'm having enough to do sorting out the list. If this happens, and it's a huge if at this point, there'll be a thread about it, oh my yes.
Recommended Posts