Official Darts Thread

Dai

Strangely enough, given the mentalness going on in the Religion Thread recently, my Aunt knew Steve Beaton's sister years ago and she (his sister) is a Jehova's Witness. Or at least she was when my Aunt knew her.

Before Loki asks, I don't know if she took it up Trap Two.

So The Bronzed Adonis's sister is also my sister. Cool :thumbsup:

No, you just believe in the same fairy story. It doesn't make you related.

• Paid Members

I hope Barney wins too. A Barney/MVG final would be brilliant, and there's something about the Barney comeback story that would make him winning it after 6 years be pretty awesome.

There's something about Wade I just don't like, and the thing is, I have no idea what it is. He just irks me.

Most of the tops darts players come across as wankers, though. Taylor, Wade, Lewis, King, the list goes on. Even people like Anderson and Barney are not exactly very likeable. Whitlock seems to be the nicest of the lot. He gave a classy interview after getting hammered by Barney.

MVG/Lewis was class. MVG's scoring was out of this world. 100+ average with all those missed darts is insane. I cant stand Lewis, so his reaction to MVG winning the leg where he had darts to win the match, plus at the end of the match, was great.

Most of the tops darts players come across as wankers, though.

Correct. The way they talk about games and how they are playing etc riles me too, I love darts and love how big it's become on the whole but come on, it's a game of arrows when all said and done.

What bad behavior has we had so far in the World Championship? Jackpot & Painter disagreed on the quality of their match. What else? Richie Burnett seems like a sore loser, But on the whole i would say they conduct themselves in a professional manor & have provided a lot of entertainment for people who prefer to avoid the the festive season.

Most of the tops darts players come across as wankers, though. Taylor, Wade, Lewis, King, the list goes on. Even people like Anderson and Barney are not exactly very likeable. Whitlock seems to be the nicest of the lot. He gave a classy interview after getting hammered by Barney.

I think Barney and Anderson are likable, Barney gets cheered everywhere a bit like Wayne Mardle used to. Anderson does get shit, but he did get voted most popular player a while back. I agree Whitlock is likable, as is MVG.

Taylor gets cheered for how good a player he is, not his personality in my opinion. Lewis as my Dad puts it is "a big soft baby" I don't hate him but it would seem he is thick as pigshit and more than a bit daft.

Wade is a tough one, knowing his battle with depression you would think he would get more sympathy. Maybe people just think his too bland a player and looks a bit too much like a nerd.

Edited by jimufctna24

I want Barney vs MVG, but the total opposite could happen.

I will also go with Taylor vs MVG, but anything could happen, its really wide open unlike other years. No way the BDO will match last nights game with their tourney next week.

Why do the BDO still bother? I rarely bother with them, But when i have the whole thing seemed soooo second rate :(

I will also go with Taylor vs MVG, but anything could happen, its really wide open unlike other years. No way the BDO will match last nights game with their tourney next week.

Why do the BDO still bother? I rarely bother with them, But when i have the whole thing seemed soooo second rate :(

That's like asking why do anyone else bother when there is WWE?

BDO are the grass roots organisation. It is rotten to the core and are a victim of the arrogance of the top brass but without them, and their involvement with youth and Super League, there wouldn't be the quality that is in the PDC.

That's like asking why do anyone else bother when there is WWE?

BDO are the grass roots organisation. It is rotten to the core and are a victim of the arrogance of the top brass but without them, and their involvement with youth and Super League, there wouldn't be the quality that is in the PDC.

I meant why do they bother with TV? The whole presentation looks awful by comparison. They could still do there own thing without exposing their product as what i see as second rate.

I think Barney and Anderson are likable, Barney gets cheered everywhere a bit like Wayne Mardle used to. Anderson does get shit, but he did get voted most popular player a while back. I agree Whitlock is likable, as is MVG.

Anderson is one of my favourates to watch, but likeable when watching them play is different from being a likeable person. Barney, for example, is great to watch recently, but his interviews make him seem like a bellend (in my opinion).

Wade is a tough one, knowing his battle with depression you would think he would get more sympathy. Maybe people just think his too bland a player and looks a bit too much like a nerd.

He referred to himself in the third person a few years back, which made me sour on him from then on. He always comes across as a tit during interviews, too.

As for the final, I think all of Barney's talk about being back to his best will end tonight. Taylor to confortably beat him. Wade is very similar to Lewis, in that they always seem to hit the big outs when they really count. Wade's bottle isnt in question. If MVG has a bad night of scoring, then Wade will beat him.