Official Darts Thread

Dai

Pretty flat final, but you cant knock Adi's ability to hit the big doubles when he needs to. He has huge bottle. He took out T20 + D19 (after Hamiliton missed a dart at a double) for a set again yesterday, which was just pure class. Huge pressure, but he always seems to hit them. Then he finished the winning leg off in almost perfect style, too. Cant say Im a fan of his, but you cant knock his class.

Early start for me this morning getting up to watch the Darts at 7am in Aus, and Ady didn't disappoint. He really has matured into a quality Dart player. He just doesn't know how to quit, and since his first round match against Nigel Heydon, he was determined to win another World title. Admittingly I'd wanted to see James Wade round off a superb Semi Final match, and at 5-1 up it looked all done and dusted. This will hurt Wadey even more so than his GSOD Final from two years ago against Scott Waites, it just has to.

As much as it was good to see a new face in the Final, I just wasn't jazzed up to see Hamilton play in it! Just another Dart player that just had a good run in a tournament. He hasn't consistently delivered in my opinion, and I would have preferred someone like Whitlock or Ando instead.

As for Hamilton picking up a wild card spot for the PL, well I don't know what he'll bring to the competition to be honest. It's hard to tell who Sky will pick. I was under the impression that the top 6 PDC ranked players were secured, and Sky get the final two picks, unless it's changed for this season. Would still like to see someone like Ted Hankey picked, purely for the pantomine each and every week. Say what you want, he's box office to watch. As the GSOD tourny progressed, the crowds did start to warm to him in his final match before being knocked out. Having Hamilton in would just be like having Webster in, no personality or any real interest. I'd go out on a limb and pick Michael Van Gerwen as one of them. Coming into some form, he can put on a display, get the crowd pumped up as he showed at the World Champs.

I'd give someone like Dean Winstanley another couple of seasons and he'll make the move across. As for Ted, it's now or never, and as Barry Hearn has alledgedly said behind the scenes this week, he'll only offer Ted a wild card via Sky if he makes a perminant move to the PDC.

Was that ever proven? i remember the rumours of him enjoying the colulmbian marching powder.

Testing does definetely occur though. BDO guy tested positive for weed a few years back.

Yeah, it was pretty much common knowledge on the pro scene. Of course once he got to the final he had to knock it, plus he got his 16 year old girlfriend preggers.

He does still play though, but does not qualify for TV

yes I know, because he can't play any good unless monged out of his disgusting face on the Gianluca Vialli. I'm delighted he failed, after his boss gave him time off to play he then told him to stick his job on tv, the classless cunt.

I unwittingly made his girlfriend cry on a forum once, she cried over Christmas dinner about it. I've never felt so hard and brute in all of my life.

Early start for me this morning getting up to watch the Darts at 7am in Aus, and Ady didn't disappoint. He really has matured into a quality Dart player. He just doesn't know how to quit, and since his first round match against Nigel Heydon, he was determined to win another World title. Admittingly I'd wanted to see James Wade round off a superb Semi Final match, and at 5-1 up it looked all done and dusted. This will hurt Wadey even more so than his GSOD Final from two years ago against Scott Waites, it just has to.

As much as it was good to see a new face in the Final, I just wasn't jazzed up to see Hamilton play in it! Just another Dart player that just had a good run in a tournament. He hasn't consistently delivered in my opinion, and I would have preferred someone like Whitlock or Ando instead.

As for Hamilton picking up a wild card spot for the PL, well I don't know what he'll bring to the competition to be honest. It's hard to tell who Sky will pick. I was under the impression that the top 6 PDC ranked players were secured, and Sky get the final two picks, unless it's changed for this season. Would still like to see someone like Ted Hankey picked, purely for the pantomine each and every week. Say what you want, he's box office to watch. As the GSOD tourny progressed, the crowds did start to warm to him in his final match before being knocked out. Having Hamilton in would just be like having Webster in, no personality or any real interest. I'd go out on a limb and pick Michael Van Gerwen as one of them. Coming into some form, he can put on a display, get the crowd pumped up as he showed at the World Champs.

I'd give someone like Dean Winstanley another couple of seasons and he'll make the move across. As for Ted, it's now or never, and as Barry Hearn has alledgedly said behind the scenes this week, he'll only offer Ted a wild card via Sky if he makes a perminant move to the PDC.

Get Hankey & Nicholson. We need wankers in the PL (not just the ones in the crowd). If i was on a Desert Island with Kirk Shepard, One of us would have to die! To coexist is not an option :angry:

Was that ever proven? i remember the rumours of him enjoying the colulmbian marching powder.

Testing does definetely occur though. BDO guy tested positive for weed a few years back.

Yeah, it was pretty much common knowledge on the pro scene. Of course once he got to the final he had to knock it, plus he got his 16 year old girlfriend preggers.

He does still play though, but does not qualify for TV

yes I know, because he can't play any good unless monged out of his disgusting face on the Gianluca Vialli. I'm delighted he failed, after his boss gave him time off to play he then told him to stick his job on tv, the classless cunt.

I unwittingly made his girlfriend cry on a forum once, she cried over Christmas dinner about it. I've never felt so hard and brute in all of my life.

:laugh:

He does have a face you want to smack, I did hear rumblings of his cocaine habit at the time as well. Never knew how young his girlfriend was though, bloody hell.

Well that looks shit, aside from the 5 you'd expect. Don't fancy watching Barney, Hamilton and chuffing Painter week in, week out.

This

Barney is the one a take great exception to, would have liked Nicholson. The Premier League does'nt have to be the worlds 8 best players, Wayne Mardle and Jelle Klassen have been in it.

Premier League lineup announced.

Phil Taylor

Adrian Lewis

James Wade

Gary Anderson

Simon Whitlock

Andy Hamilton

Ray van Barneveld

Kevin Painter

I can live with that line up. Nicholson hasn't proved himself one bit. I know he needs a good smacking on stage by a load of punters, but he'd have done fuck all if he'd been included.

Painter, after his Players Championship win I guess deserved a crack in the PL. He's a player who should have been there on merit a long time ago and now he gets his chance. He can win a handful of games I'm sure of it. Barney should do himself a massive favour and call upon the likes of Bristow and Harrington for several days to get his brains sorted. It's the only thing which is stopping him from returning back to the sort of form from 2007.