Official Darts Thread

Dai

I'm glad Hankey went out. Had a feeling he would do today with his injury, so I had Chisnall to win 5-3 gutted. I have backed O'Shea to win this one 5-1

Whitlock in the PDC Premier League will be great for him and darts in general, also having Baxter in there and whoever Sky choose as the wildcard will shake it up unless they choose someone like Mardle or Lewis.

Saying that I don't think having Gary Anderson would be great either. I think Co Stompe would be a great choice personally.

Nothing wrong with Lewis being in there, he's had a great end to the year, and would be more than capable of holding his end up. I wouldn't mind Mark Webster being in the PL, he cant do any worse than Klaasen last year can he? Or one last swansong for Manley? Colin Lloyd has been fairly consistent this year, and Colin Osborne has been quality on the floor, but has had shockers in TV tournaments.

Taylor will walk the premier league, more than likely beating Whitlock in the final, I think Whitlock and Taylor will be ruling the PDC for the next year or so.

Klassen was awful during the Premier League last year. Manley in there, well I would love it just to wind up Taylor more than anything.

Osborne would be a good shout, has kinda gone off the boil since he got to the UK Open final. I wouldn't like to see Lloyd in there to be honest.

I think what they may do is wait til the Players Champ tourney at the end of the month finsihes and see if anyone has a strong showing there.

But the list of people you could choose in the PDC is immense and would be a great addition to the Premier League.

Dave Chisnall has just beaten Ted Hankey 5-4 in a stunning darts match.

This guy will be facing O'Shea or Wagner next. Not exactly the easiest path, considering he had Fitton in round one !

That was an awesome comeback for the jug-eared fella, I only turned it on at 4-1 expecting another 5 minutes and that would be it. Great match.

Good old Martin Phillips! Glad he hung on to win that last set quite comfortably, deserved it after the first 4 sets. Also i'm glad Waites is out in a way. He seems like a nice bloke but i don't want another winner of the title to jump straight to the PDC, which i think he was going to, makes the BDO look even worse. I don't think, although you never know, that O'shea would jump if he won, seems like a BDO man. Not sure about Chisnall and whether he's even ready to, should he win it. You can't blame them if they do jump but it's nice if the BDO keeps a few of it's past winners. I'd imagine the winner of O'Shea/Chisnall will win the tournament with Adams being the runner-up

Another great game though, there's been a few of em this week. This one was better quality too

Edited by Baz Windham

I don't think, although you never know, that O'shea would jump if he won, seems like a BDO man. Not sure about Chisnall and whether he's even ready to, should he win it. You can't blame them if they do jump but it's nice if the BDO keeps a few of it's past winners.

Everything that I have read about O'Shea indicates that he is happy in the BDO (representing his county, country etc), plus I am guessing he does very well on the Exhibition circuit. You also have to fathom in to this his age, and whether he fancies all the travel that comes with the PDC. However, if he wins the Lakeside, and Hearn comes knocking with the final Premier League place he will have some serious thinking to do.

Yeah fair play to Wolfie, he got a lead and kept it pretty consistently for once. He's had an easy route but certianly produced the goods there in a close one. 10 darter and a 170 in a final can't be bad. Anyone know what his average was in the end? Chisnall did well all through and would have been nice for him but at the same time nice for Adams to lift the trophy more than once.

Very Good quality final overall though.

Edited by Baz Windham

Yeah fair play to Wolfie, he got a lead and kept it pretty consistently for once. He's had an easy route but certianly produced the goods there in a close one. 10 darter and a 170 in a final can't be bad. Anyone know what his average was in the end? Chisnall did well all through and would have been nice for him but at the same time nice for Adams to lift the trophy more than once.

Very Good quality final overall though.

Fair play to Wolfie in the final. He was the one person who was consistent throughout the tournament and fully deserved the win. Yeah, I doubt he could have chosen a better draw if he had personally handpicked his opponent for each round (Fleet was drunk, Gurney didn't turn up and was a shadow of the player who defeated Mitchell, Thompson fluked his way to the quarter finals and Phillips was already beaten by the time he started playing) but he can only beat what is infront of him.

Overall there were some very enjoyable matches in the tournament (especially Pecker vs Wagner), and I think Colin Murray after taking a bit of time getting used to him, did well. Rob Walker was atrocious and really needs to be ditched, in fact his best performance was Sunday when he was no longer there and had cleared off to do his shitty Snooker intros. I really wish they would ditch the aftermatch interviews in the bar, as I always tend to be drawn to looking at the pissed up idiots in the background mugging for the cameras. Bobby George was fine, David Croft was good, and Uncle Tony was well, Uncle Tony. Also, FatzMaurice needs to be got rid of, infact I would get rid of him before Green.

I was worried about Colin Murray initially, but fair play to him, I thought he was really fun. I've always liked Bobby George and I also like when Tony O'Shea makes his wee trips to the commentary booth. Had to laugh at Tony Green for two howlers during that final. Martin Adams had darts at double 16 in the third leg of the match, and Green said "He now has darts for the match." and then his even better claim before the 170. "Two double tops and then bull.". Aye.

Anyways, with that over, we now have the Players' Championship Finals coming. The draw, and bracket order looks like this.

Phil Taylor vs. Peter Manley

Terry Jenkins vs. Vincent Van Der Voort

Colin Lloyd vs. Denis Ovens

Robert Thornton vs. Kevin Painter

Steve Beaton vs. Tony Eccles

Dennis Priestley vs. Paul Nicholson

Adrian Lewis vs. Brendan Dolan

Alan Tabern vs. Andy Hamilton

Mark Walsh vs. Steve Hine

Wayne Jones vs. Andy Smith

Gary Anderson vs. Jelle Klaasen

James Wade vs. Mervyn King

Wes Newton vs. Peter Wright

Ronnie Baxter vs. Mark Dudbridge

Colin Osborne vs. Co Stompe

Jamie Caven vs. Michael Van Gerwen

Starts on January 28th on ITV4 and I have to say, that draw is absolutely LOADED with quality matches. Should be noted that Part and Barney aren't there. John Part did quite a lot of floor tourneys but didn't do well in them. Barney DID do well in the ones he played in, but he didn't play in many, so he didn't make the field.