Official Darts Thread

Dai

I understand Barney is a big draw but at what point does his popularity become more important than his form.

It becomes more important when it isn't there anymore. Untill then, Barney will continue to be there, whether he should be or not.

Both Painter and Hamilton are only there because of their end of year form,the rest of the year they were quite ordinary,both players were outside the top 10 before their good results and take away those results and they would be nowhere near the premier league.

Hamilton reached the final of the Worlds. There is absolutely no way they could justify leaving him out no matter what time of the year it is.

I understand Barney is a big draw but at what point does his popularity become more important than his form.

It becomes more important when it isn't there anymore. Untill then, Barney will continue to be there, whether he should be or not.

Both Painter and Hamilton are only there because of their end of year form,the rest of the year they were quite ordinary,both players were outside the top 10 before their good results and take away those results and they would be nowhere near the premier league.

Hamilton reached the final of the Worlds. There is absolutely no way they could justify leaving him out no matter what time of the year it is.

Nah I mean if he hadn't of made that final he would never get anywhere near the premier league.He should be in there because he made the final,if he hadn't he wouldn't be there.

• Paid Members

I'll watch the BDO but I find it incredibly depressing at times, and the way the BDO supporters clamour for piss poor reasons why the PDC isn't infinately better than their organisation.If Martin Adams wins, he'll be going around saying he matched Eric Bristow's record of 3 back to back titles, which is laughable seeing as the world's best were playing in it back then.Be prepared for 20 dart legs and plenty of visits with scores such as 26.

• Moderators

I was a BDO loyalist for several years, but since about 2006 PDC really took over for me. Tony Fleet's appearance at the lakeside in 2010 was the final nail in the coffin as far as me giving half a shiny shite about the BDO went.

Here's the first leg of Tony Fleet's BDO appearance for anyone who hasn't seen it.

• Paid Members

OK I haven't seen darts in years since I used to watch it with my dad back in the 80s. So could somebody explain to me what the differences are? I assume Phil Taylor is in the PDO? When did the "big" entrances come in?

• Paid Members

The PDC crowd seem to concentrate more on each other and look like they dont give 2 shits about the darts, unless someone hits a 180 or a 9 darter. I thought Taylor was the only major attraction for them, but even when he was on a few weeks ago the crowd were doing the cringeworthy 'stalls vs tables' chant.

• Paid Members

What's so bad about the PDC audience? Are they like the equivalent to ROH type crowds? Sitting there applauding the dartsmanship level?

James Wade defeated Raymond van Barneveld after 34:45 following a Double 16.Fantastic match, surely a MOTY contender. Crowd were really into this one from the outset. Wade drummed up some great heel heat in the second set with a 'Hogan Ear'. It's the Bristow - Dellar of our generation.

• Moderators

The PDC crowd seem to concentrate more on each other and look like they dont give 2 shits about the darts, unless someone hits a 180 or a 9 darter. I thought Taylor was the only major attraction for them, but even when he was on a few weeks ago the crowd were doing the cringeworthy 'stalls vs tables' chant.

This pretty much. Loads of them only seem to be there so they can get a sign they've made seen on the telly while wearing "hilarious" fancy dress as they shout loads and spill their pint everywhere.