UFC 152: 'Jones vs Belfort'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

OK after the complete shambles that was the UFC 151 (non) event, let's try to move on and hope for the best eh?

This is next, let's hope it goes off without a hitch.

UFCPoster152JonJonesVitorBelfortBispingStannBenavidezJohnson.jpg

PPV MAIN CARD (ESPN - 3am)

Jon Jones vs Vitor Belfort - UFC Light Heavyweight Title

Joseph Benavidez vs Demetrious Johnson - To Crown First UFC Flyweight Champion

Michael Bisping vs Brian Stann

Matt Hamill vs Roger Hollett

Charles Oliveira vs Cub Swanson

FX PRELIMS (ESPN? - 1am)

Igor Pokrajac vs Vinny Magalhaes

Evan Dunham vs TJ Grant

Sean Pierson vs Lance Benoist

Jim Hettes vs Marcus Brimage

FACEBOOK PRELIMS (11.30pm)

Simeon Thoresen vs Seth Baczynski

Mitch Gagnon vs Walel Watson

Charlie Brenneman vs Kyle Noke

Looks like being a cracking show.

What a week. How did we get here? It started with this...

UFC-151.jpg

Until this clumsy berk fucked Hendo's knee up in training (allegedly)...

rameau-thierry-sokoudjou-2.jpg

...forcing him to walk about with a "Stone Cold" knee brace and pull out of the fight. And leaving the UFC the task of finding a replacement to fight Jones.

They made this fight

422188_345560462192486_1144174092_n.jpg

But Machida was too busy drinking piss with his old man

drinkurine_display_image.jpg

They asked Shogun, but he had a better offer

D6TSq.jpg

This man said yes

sonnen-belt.jpg

And Dana was already counting the cash he was about to rake in from extra PPV buys

danawhite_display_image.jpg

But...

304763_420999564602905_704718677_n.jpg

no sorry...

gregjackson.jpg

...and Jones decided

tumblr_m98ezmlwf41qhqmx8.jpg

Dana did this face

24S.1.DanaWhite.BW--300x300.jpg

Chael said

"Put your mother in a straight-jacket you punk ass white boy! Come here and tell me that and I'll fuck you in the ass, you punk white boy. You faggot. You can't touch me, you're not man enough. I eat your asshole alive you bitch. Fuck you you ho. Come say to my face and I fuck you for everybody. You bitch. Come on you bitch. You scared coward, you not man enough to fuck with me. You can't last two minutes in my world bitch. Look at you, you scared now you ho. Scared like a little white pussy. Scared of the real man. I'll fuck you till you love me faggot."

then the whole UFC 151 card got binned...

UFC-151-Poster_small.jpg

People were angry, everyone lost money and Dana did this face

white_display_image.jpg

then this face

mma_e_dana11_576_crop_340x234.jpg

And finally this face

angry-judge1.jpg

Phoned this man

gospel-Vitor-Belfort-acredita-em-milagres-e-orra-para-emagrecer.jpg

And said

sweep%20the%20leg.jpg

And after all that

F56JJ.jpg

So let's move on. UFC 152 then.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arguably the best post ever haha.

In terms of Vitor Vs Jones we can all hope for Vitor to get a flash knockout. Belfort is also no joke on the ground so Jones may keep it standing. Very interesting fight and in all honesty aside from the issues it's caused to other fighters I think this fight is probably more competitive than the Hendo fight

• Paid Members

151 still exists! the number will surely go down in infamy.

All this craziness the past days has ended up landing us with one of the best PPV cards of the year. This thing is loaded, im pretty sure the UFC have taken note of this mess and in future we won't see any 'one fight' PPV cards, there's too much at risk. I know it was a horrible situation but i think going forward it's probably a good thing, lessons have been learned.

Speaking of the card, i'd like to see em move Hettes/Brimage to the main card over Hamill/Matyushenko or perhaps the Dunham/Grant fight purely based on the potential of Brimage/Hettes at 145, but i suppose they can put some steam behind a Matt Hamill return and Dunham seems to be establishing himself nicely.

I'm pumped for that main event though! Mainly because it's a fight i never considered, hopefully Vitor stays injury free...imagine another pull out!

UFC put out a press release saying that "UFC 151 will go down in history as the event Jones and Jackson murdered." Ridiculous but there you go. This event is UFC 152.

Silver lining of this whole fiasco: this card looks fucking fantastic now. It already looked pretty good, even with the loss of Penn vs McDonald, and with a Jones title fight added to the main event, shit got cray- in a good way.

It's becoming a cliched expression, but the result of Jones vs Vitor depends on which Vitor shows up. If we get the one that ate Franklin and Akiyama for breakfast, Jones could have trouble with that barrage. If Vitor goes all "deer in the headlights" ala the Anderson fight, he's fucked and JBJ gets an easy payday.

So good you had to quote the whole thing for a one-line post. Nice.

Was just about to say this. Fuck sake.

Anyway, I've went off UFC recently but this whole fiasco has got me interested again so looking forward to this.

• Paid Members

Yeah, please don't quote like a tit.

UFC put out a press release saying that "UFC 151 will go down in history as the event Jones and Jackson murdered."

Wow, They're still running with this bollocks? I'm a big Dana fan, but this is ridiculous now. I can see why they're hesitant, but I really wish Jones and the Jackson camp would offer some kind of response to this bullshit they're getting hit with. Jon Jones, despite saying he was trying to do some good business for himself, has probably done the exact opposite by turning down this fight. But that's his own mistake to make. Say what you want about a Champions responsibility to take all challenges, but Jones is under no obligation to be taking fights on less than a weeks notice. All blame lies with Dana and Co for booking such a weak under card. We've had injuries at the top of a show before, and never have we been in a situation where the rest of the card is deemed too shit to continue. All these fighters bitching at Jones on Twitter should be sounding off at the UFC brass instead, at the end of the day, it's Dana that think's they're not worth a shit on their own.

Hopefully the UFC will learn from shit storm that we've seen over the last few days. This card does look outstanding on paper now, too. Lets hope no one gets injured :(

Wow, They're still running with this bollocks? I'm a big Dana fan, but this is ridiculous now. I can see why they're hesitant, but I really wish Jones and the Jackson camp would offer some kind of response to this bullshit they're getting hit with.

Jackson has been on Mauro Ranallo's radio show, and the Jordan Breen show as well explaining his actions. He doesn't apologise, nor has he changed his mind about the advice offered.

He refuses to badmouth Dana or the UFC, and simply wants to look forward to the next fight on September 22nd.

Jon Jones, despite saying he was trying to do some good business for himself, has probably done the exact opposite by turning down this fight. But that's his own mistake to make.

I'm quite confused by this talk about Jones doing bad business. If he had taken the fight with Sonnen they would have had basically one week to build it. I'm not sure how far in advance you need to book places for press tours, and how far ahead sports talk shows in the US book their guests and so forth but I'd guess that a week simply wouldn't cut it.

As things stand he's fighting Belfort on the 22nd, and if Sonnen is good enough he'll get to fight him as well. All of this carry-on will simply hype that fight up, and they also get the bonus of being able to build it properly with all of the usual avenues open to them.

• Paid Members
I'm quite confused by this talk about Jones doing bad business. If he had taken the fight with Sonnen they would have had basically one week to build it. I'm not sure how far in advance you need to book places for press tours, and how far ahead sports talk shows in the US book their guests and so forth but I'd guess that a week simply wouldn't cut it.

As things stand he's fighting Belfort on the 22nd, and if Sonnen is good enough he'll get to fight him as well. All of this carry-on will simply hype that fight up, and they also get the bonus of being able to build it properly with all of the usual avenues open to them.

Just from the point of view, that although he's not trained for Chael, he's had a full camp training for a wrestler (and arguably tougher fight overall). Chael is not in fight shape, has had zero training camp and we have no idea what his weight is at. If Jones were to lose, he'd likely get an immediate rematch, if Chael loses, he just took a fight on a weeks notice and will likely get another shot anyways, which has an automatic story going in to it and likely a bigger buy rate overall.

Just from the point of view, that although he's not trained for Chael, he's had a full camp training for a wrestler (and arguably tougher fight overall). Chael is not in fight shape, has had zero training camp and we have no idea what his weight is at. If Jones were to lose, he'd likely get an immediate rematch, if Chael loses, he just took a fight on a weeks notice and will likely get another shot anyways, which has an automatic story going in to it and likely a bigger buy rate overall.

Are you seriously buying into the whole deal that Sonnen has been sitting at home on the couch doing nothing since he lost to Anderson? Greg Jackson seems to believe that Sonnen has been working very closely with Henderson in the build-up to the fight that was supposed to take place, and other MMA journalists find it funny that Sonnen ramped up his usual schtick with regards to Jones once the rumours of Henderson's injury started to appear.

Jackson also asked the question that does anyone believe that Chael would be stupid enough to take a fight against someone like Jones if he figured he wasn't in fight shape and had next to no chance of winning. There's more to it than meets the eye here I think.

Chael may have trained, but do you seriously think he's had a full 8 week camp like Jones has had? How long do you think he's known Hendo was out, David?

That doesn't matter, does it? He's not coming in to this fight straight from his couch. He's said before that he trains constantly, so he'll be in decent shape.

I stand by my opinion posted in the actual event thread as far as Jones goes. He made the correct choice.

Archived