Raw Discussion 20/2/12 *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I always remember BikerTaker as being way better than the how'd-he-do-that-he-must-be-best-mates-with-the-pyro-guy stuff, and one of the most consistently entertaining things on TV at the time, but I think I like 'Taker now more than I ever have before. Probably something to do with the fact that he has nothing but really great matches now. 2009-now is definitely the best in-ring spell he's ever had. Maybe even a couple of years before that, actually.

Now that he's done away with the fire-shooting and belt-teleporting, he's pretty badass as the unkillable old outlaw who speaks in riddles. Wish he'd kept the Johnny Cash entrance music, though.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He should have broke out the "Say what if you sleep with your sister", then got on his motorbike and rode up the ramp.

I miss the American Badass. Must be the only person on earth who preferred that gimmick to The Deadman.

You know that's not true, I'm always saying that, and so is Ian I think. When he cut his hair I was really hoping for that gimmick to resurface.

• Moderators

I like Biker taker, except for the shitty entrance music.

Actually no. Come to think of it I pretty much ahted him at the time. He was booked so stupidly strong that he bored the shit out of me. I don't mind him being booked like that now because he's not there for most of the year.

• Paid Members

I also loved Biker Taker. His debut as that character is still one of my all time favourite moments. I'm sure he went through a spell when he was pretty shit whilst still in that gimmick though, which is maybe why some don't remember it so fondly.

I thought the Johnny Cash theme tune was an amazing fit for him in the twilight of his career though. I hoped he would move away from the 'Lord of Darkness' look and go for a grizzled vet cowboy look, which is something his character seems to hint at now. It doesn't have to be a radical change, but the outfit he had on this week was lame.

I like Biker taker, except for the shitty entrance music.

Actually no. Come to think of it I pretty much hated him at the time. He was booked so stupidly strong that he bored the shit out of me. I don't mind him being booked like that now because he's not there for most of the year.

This, for me. He seemed even more invincible as the biker than he had been as the Deadman, and I think for me it was a combination of him seeming a bit shit and lazy in the ring at the time and just about everyone from the midcard up seeming fresher and more interesting. At least as the zombie he didn't have a munter wife who stunk up angles and got put over midcarders.

Archived