#1 gmoney

gmoney

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

http://www.guardian....d-news-of-world

Felt a little bit sick after reading this. I know tabloid journalists have very little morals, but Christ this is surely an all time low?

Edited by gmoney, 04 July 2011 - 04:50 PM.

Posted Image

#2 The Miz

The Miz

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

Just heard this on the Channel 4 news preview. Bloody amazing.

Posted Image

The best way to spread Christmas Cheer, is singing loud for all to hear!

Vote for me on all the negative catagories of the ego wanking ukff end of the year awards, I want a clean sweep people!!!!

#3 Richie Freebird

Richie Freebird

Inter-Continental Champion

• Sig/Avatar Abusers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:56 PM

Not surprised at all. I boycott all print media and will do for life. Especially seeing as how there is no Daily Sport any more.

Posted Image

Provided by the UKFF 'Ugly Sig' Police

#4 JNLister

JNLister

Main Eventer

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:04 PM

For those who've not clicked through to the piece, it actually gets worse. They didn't just hack the voicemail, but the message box was full so they deleted messages so there would be room for new messages to rifle through. The family found out messages had been deleted, assumed it was Milly who had done it, and thus falsely believed she was still alive.
New: Pro Wrestling Books Blog - A-Z list of reviews at http://www.prowrestl....com/reviews-z/

My books (Turning The Tables: The Story of Extreme Championship Wrestling, Greetings Grapple Fans and Slamthology) at Amazon.

My professional site: John Lister Writing

#5 neil

neil

Inter-Continental Champion

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

Wow, that is low.

FOUNDER MEMBER OF THE NO SIGS CREW
NEW CLUB DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME TO THE COMIC SANS ERA BITCHES

You want in? Put "NO SIGS CREW" in yo sig in size 7, red, comic sans font then TURN DEM SIGS OFF

#6 Psygnosis

Psygnosis

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:17 PM

I'd like to say I'm surprised but honestly, I'm not.
Posted Image

#7 fye

fye

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

I genuinely feel sick and cant read the full article, I am with Richie, I boycott newspapers and think most journalists and all paparzzi should suffer pain in their lives. I have always said paps should be fair game for a twatting whenever they invade people's privacy. Britney Spears might be no angel but I remember her nearly dropping her infant child due to paparazzi puishing each other around her when trying to get into her car, they are evil soulless people. Rant over

#8 Mr. Seven

Mr. Seven

Resident Music Nazi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:30 PM

I think this is pretty significant. Usually any unethical reporting is dismissed as typical tabloid shit but this is truly vile. I don't want to sound like a knee-jerk Daily Mail headline, but surely this deserves jail time?

#9 David

David

RSS News Feed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,501 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:56 PM

The NOTW have been up to this shit for fucking ages, and we usually see some random journalist taking the fall, with the likes of Andy Coulson claiming they didn't know anything about it. I doubt it'll be different this time.

#10 The Maestro

The Maestro

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 07:19 PM

It's an absolute shame, but The News Of The World will completely get away with this due to money and power that they have.
Posted Image

#11 Dazz

Dazz

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:01 PM

Sickening and disgusting.
Posted Image

#12 Kiffy

Kiffy

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:21 PM

Rebecca Brooks, head editor at the time, now higher up in news international, was in danger of getting sacked over it all to make it go away. For some reasson murdoch didn't go through with it, and she's decided to take some time off next year to adopt a child. With a huge pay off from news international. Sneaky eh?

#13 johnnyboy

johnnyboy

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,876 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:06 PM

People can affect change. If you feel strongly about this don't buy the News of the World (if you did), don't buy the Sun (I know Liverpool's way ahead of the curve on this one), cancel your Sky sub and don't buy from companies that advertise in the News of the World and let them know why. If you're a broadsheeter maybe go for the Guardian or Independent over The Times (I'm quite partial to i myself). Please don't just like a group on Facebook and think that's enough.
NFL Fantasy League Champion 2007 NFL Fantasy League Champion 2008 NFL Fantasy League Champion 2009 NFL Predictions League Champion 2008

#14 Van Dammer

Van Dammer

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:23 AM

That is way too far, hopefully they'll go under with the amount of claims being heard against them. However, i doubt it.

#15 bobbins

bobbins

Trevor's Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:47 AM

Rebecca Brooks, head editor at the time, now higher up in news international, was in danger of getting sacked over it all to make it go away. For some reasson murdoch didn't go through with it, and she's decided to take some time off next year to adopt a child. With a huge pay off from news international.
Sneaky eh?

That "for some reason" being at the request of her good buddy David Cameron.

Johnnyboy's right, a full-on boycott of Murdoch is in order (has been for a long time actually). Hopefully this'll kickstart a real push for that. This is going to be a lot harder to sweep under the carpet.