General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Awards Moderator
Your Highness

Starring James Franco, Danny McBride, Natalie Portman and Zooey Deschanel.

That looks great

plus natalie portman at 1.30 :love:

Forget 1:30, check out 0:04 - that's where I work! They were out there for a day or so last October filming the place so it's nice to see it's made it into the film, even if they have CGI'd in a couple of extra towers.

• Paid Members

Your Highness looks pretty funny and different so I'll check that out.

I know little about Green Lantern and parts of the CGI in the trailer looked a bit ropey to me. I also seem to be one of the few that isnt a fan of Ryan Reynolds. I think he's got a very smug and punchable face, I find him very unlikeable. I doubt I'll bother with it.

Edited by Rob Lowe

• Paid Members
tumblrlc5bjldo3c1qcdaed.jpg

Being released May 25th 2012, In 3-D ( Hate 3-D :( ) Plot details not yet known but can't see it venturing from the last 2. Part of me died when I saw Nicole Scherzinger on the cast list.

hopefully won't be as bad as the second

I dunno :bored: At the start of the summer there were rumors that it had been scrapped and I was hoping they were true, but then I thought maybe, just maybe if they did it right it could be good and started to get excited.

Then today I saw the cast :(

• Paid Members
I also seem to be one of the few that isnt a fan of Ryan Reynolds. I think he's got a very smug and punchable face, I find him very unlikeable.

Green Lantern looks dreadful. The cunting trailer makes the impending movie look terrible. I was never a fan of the Green Lantern. To me he ranks up there with the Sub Mariner on the 'Use-Comic-As-Emergency-Toilet-Roll-a-Meter'.

Reynolds, by the trailer alone, seems to be completely phoning it in, so that gives me the faintest hope that he's doing the Lantern gig to up his stock as a major box office draw and propel him to the Super Duper Hollywood Power A List...hence giving him much more leeway when negotiating with a studio for creative control of a product he is emotionally invested in.

Really does look septic though, that trailer.

I'd still let Reynolds brick in my mouth if he wanted, and I'm as straight as a 2x4

• Paid Members

Being released May 25th 2012, In 3-D ( Hate 3-D :( ) Plot details not yet known but can't see it venturing from the last 2. Part of me died when I saw Nicole Scherzinger on the cast list.

I dunno :bored: At the start of the summer there were rumors that it had been scrapped and I was hoping they were true, but then I thought maybe, just maybe if they did it right it could be good and started to get excited.

Does it have Smith and Jones in?

alas_smith_and_jones_uk-show.jpg

I wish !!

;)

• Paid Members

Yes.

i like the look of that! i half expected it to be a comedy, but that's due to the ridicuous title, looks good.

HOW?

Initially I thought `dodgy B movie` but the names in this and the names associated with this is beyond belief!

There must be more to this project than it looks.

*edit

Nope, just seems its a standard graphic novel adaptation, but again HOW? Ford, Craig, Howard, Spielberg, Favreau, why would they grab what looks like a standard graphic novel?

Doesn`t look all that great or exciting

Edited by Jimmy_kahoona

• Paid Members

Yes.

Then surely this film will be pretty much everything you expect from an MiB movie? Plus, as a fan of 3D this could be fun to watch at the cinema. Not sure why you hate it.

• Paid Members

First of all there are health issues like 'binocular dysphoria' which is what you have when your brain has been battling with itself with depth perception issues while you have been watching the film or whatever because 3D films only offer stereopsis based depth cues for your brain to try and figure out rather than the 10 it needs to process depth, it takes a while for your brain to re adjust afterwards and could become permanent in extreme cases. It can also trigger epilespy.

Then while all this is going on in your brain, you're trying to pay attention to the actual film. I don't want stuff 'flying' at me in a scene that could be awesome just as it is. You're fighting to get through all the layers on the screen just to be able to watch the damn film. Special effects and CGI count for nothing because you're concentrating on what ever it is moving towards you, thus ruining the movie.

I'm not even going to go into the stupidity that is having it in your home.