General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

I started a thread some months back about not being able to see 3D. I found this out when we went to see Alice in Wonderland. When the images aren't moving I can see it, when they move it goes blury.

The way I see it (no pun) I don't feel the need to get caught up in the 3D hyperbole which means I save a shit load of money and can get a better quality HD TV because those prices are bound to shoot down once the 3D TV's gain popularity.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
Scream 4

I read a report from someone who was allegedly at a test screening and they said it's the best one yet even better than part 1

I've been optimistic about this from the start because of the time that's past, the idea that they've come up with another trilogy and the people involved. That new trailer really adds to my excitement!

• Paid Members

dont know if anybody can find the trailer, but i saw a trailer for a film by the name of "The Loved ones", (i think!).

Its about a young girl who gets turned down for the school prom, so her dad kidnapps the boy in question and they both tourture him, whilst holding there own prom in her house. Sounds messed up and what made it worse for me was they had really nice sounding australian accents.....so it was like nicey nicey horror!

Check it out if you can!

• Paid Members
dont know if anybody can find the trailer, but i saw a trailer for a film by the name of "The Loved ones", (i think!).

Its about a young girl who gets turned down for the school prom, so her dad kidnapps the boy in question and they both tourture him, whilst holding there own prom in her house. Sounds messed up and what made it worse for me was they had really nice sounding australian accents.....so it was like nicey nicey horror!

Check it out if you can!

I just watched the trailer for that. It looks bloody good!

• Paid Members

^ I REALLY need to get round to seeing that. JLM's review was superb too.

Cheers for the heads up on that one Bowyo, looks very good. Gladstone what are the other Australian thrillers you were talking about? I'm on a bit of a horror binge at the moment and looking for more decent ones.

Wolf Creek is absolutely cracking although it gets silly towards the end. Black Water is a good one too with a really simple set-up. I've heard good things about Rogue, Needle and Road Train too.

Going back a bit further, and not quite as horror orientated, Kiss Or Kill is a great little modern day noir that's worth finding too.

Edited by Gladstone Small