The 2007 UKFF 50

Big Benny HG

While he may have the... Worst... Mask... Ever... Falcon is undoubtedly one of the top twenty wrestlers that I've seen on the British scene. Great talent, great ability to work the crowd and can do a great mixture of straight wrestling and comedy stuff. Plus he has an uncanny ability to look scared shitlessly as Shamer throws him about, even while he wears a mask. I wasn't surprised SWA decided to let him run as the top champ, a lot of feds may have bulked at the idea of having such a small guy as their top champ, but Falcon is so awesome, I imagine it doesn't even factor into things.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only seen Falcon twice, but he is awesome, definitely one of the better wrestlers in my opinion. Is he better than Robbie Brookside? Of course not, only Doug Williams is better, and that would be debatable, but this is all done on votes, if enough people didn't vote for Robbie Brookside in their top 5 then he's not gonna make it higher. I'm pretty sure Robbie Brookside doesn't give a shit anyway. The All Star guys are always overlooked in these types of poll.

A mention that Brookside officially had a match against Vince McMahon himself woulda been nice!

I didn't actually know this. Care to share the story?
Monday Night Raw, Hat Guy... Monday Night Raw...

• Paid Members

Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon & Umaga vs. Robbie Brookside in a No DQ Handicap match. Earls Court, London, England. April 23rd 2007. That's about all of the story!

How bizarre.***********************************************************No. 11 - ANDY SIMMONZ!!2006 Ranking: 162005 Ranking: 22Moving Upipw045yf2.jpgPhoto - UK Hat GuyImproved ranking for the 2nd consecutive year for the leader of the Hated Heroes.In IPW:UK, the heelish SIMMONZ!! and his equally cocky pal Aviv Maayan were causing trouble for the promotion's babyface wrestlers and fans alike. Having just won the 2006 "Battle Royale" rumble match, SIMMONZ!! had earned the opportunity to make any one match that he liked, any time that he liked, whenever he saw fit. He would bide his time, however, being content beating Leeeeeeeeee Rooooooooooooyy!! KINCAIDE and Kyle Kraze on IPW:UK's July 2006 shows.With ROH's UK tour in August meaning plenty of UK promotions arranging shows for that 10-day period, SIMMONZ!! was one of those wrestlers kept busy. At "Frontiers of Honor II" in Swanley (boo), SIMMONZ!! was not a part of the FWA vs. IPW:UK vs. ROH series, but instead made his presence felt by interfering in the Martin Stone vs. Robbie Brookside vs. Bryan Danielson main event, going after IPW UK Champion Stone. The next day, he took part in a comedy 8-man tag at "Ware is IPW?!", teaming with Maayan, Ashe and Curve but falling to Tracey Smothers, Kris Linnell, Dan Head and Max Voltage. Yes, there was a dance-off. No, SIMMONZ!! didn't win. Immediately after his loss, he bombed it up the A1 to Doncaster, where he was quickly beaten by Martin Stone at 1PW "Invincible". Feeling he didn't get a fair chance, he challenged Stone to a rematch there and then, and Stone smashed him for a second time in SIMMONZ!!'s 3rd bout of the day. Then, the day after this, he returned to IPW:UK's base of Orpington, where his open challenge was answered by the debuting Bad Bones of WXW (Germany). ANDY returned to winning ways when he beat "Big Bones" (as MC John Atkins announced him) at "Summer Sizzler".Tragedy was to strike, however, as SIMMONZ!! was wrestling on a tour of Italy in September. Taking on another WXW wrestler (who has also seen action in England for WZW and IPW:UK) in "New Superstar" Stevie Douglas, he broke his ankle. With his foot in a cast, and unable to get around without the aid of crutches or a wheelchair, rumours began to leak that ANDY SIMMONZ!! was contemplating retiring from pro wrestling. It seemed to be confirmed when The Wrestling Channel aired a special tribute episode of the awful IPW:UK TV series, dedicated to his career and featuring an interview with him at home, where he annoucned his retirement to the world.He lied.With IPW UK Champion Martin Stone injuring his knee in a match against Colt Cabana at "Hotwired", he was unable to fulfil his IPW UK Title defence against "Extreme Measures" tournament winner Leeeeeeee Rooooooooooyy KINCAIDE. They agreed to have their title match when Stone was 100% healthy, that appeared to be that, and everyone thought the show was over. Not so. Appearing on the Orpington stage in his wheelchair, SIMMONZ!! stated that he was going to use his Battle Royale Reward to create an IPW UK Title match between himself and Stone right there and then. He also made it a No DQ match. And a Falls Count Anywhere match. And he immediately set Aviv Maayan and new Hated Hero LT Summers onto Stone. With the already-injured Stone beaten down by 2 healthy men and attacked using the challenger's crutches, SIMMONZ!! pinned Stone with a single-footed cover on the stage, from his wheelchair, and was shockingly crowned the new IPW UK champion. Now that's how you end a show.Of course, the new champion was still injured, so Aviv Maayan substituted for him in the required rematch against Stone at "Christmas Cracker" in Swanley (boo). Aviv retained SIMMONZ!!'s title when Stone won the match by DQ, thanks to interference from FWA's Charlie Rage (the FWA vs. IP:UK feud was now well underway). The champ himself was on the mend, but limited himself to a supporting, cheerleading, interference-running role for Maayan, getting involved on Maayan's behalf at the National Under-23 Championships and the Real Quality Wrestling "Not Just for Christmas" show.SIMMONZ!! returned to in-ring action in January 2007. With Maayan, he advanced to the semi-finals of the RQW Tag Title Tournament by defeating Kid Kash and Jonny Storm in a poor match in Bethnal Green. Back in IPW:UK, the champion threw himself straight into action, lining up a hand-picked opponent for his mega-tough title defence at "No Escape 2007"............the UK's foremost Rent-A-Jobber Tommy DeMorey. The Hated Heroes then turned their attention to making ultimate loser (and therefore fan favourite) JC Thunder's life a living hell. Maayan had already been bullying JC for a good few months, but now the entire faction got in on the "fun". JC had never won a match in IPW:UK, but never gave up, never called it a day, and always vowing to come back with a new approach next time in his never-ending quest for victory, acceptance and recognition. This had won him a soft spot in the fans' hearts, and they got behind him like never before when he was repeatedly screwed out of his first victory by SIMMONZ!! and the Hated Heroes, who had established themselves as guys that the fans wanted to see get their comeuppance thanks to their cocky, arrogant, obnoxious, rude and lewd behaviour towards everyone. ANDY SIMMONZ!! vs. JC Thunder was therefore perfect heel vs. perfect babyface, and it was a perfect pro wrestling story. The Heroes beat JC (and his siekick Blockbusta) in various tags and singles matches, but JC was showing signs of determination and motivation, and if he could get a one-on-one bout with the champion, fans fekt he might just, somehow have a chance at that first win. When Thunder eliminated SIMMONZ!! from April's "Battle Royale 2007", earning himself just such a title shot, the biggest and most important match in IPW:UK history was set.SIMMONZ!! and JC fought for 35 minutes of heart-stopping action in the most dramatic and emotional British wrestling match of 2006/7, before a steel chair wrapped over the champion's head signalled the 3-count that caused the most spontaneous and heart-felt fan celebration I've ever seen. ANDY SIMMONZ!! had lost his title.While all of this was going on, 2007 had also seen SIMMONZ!! return to FWA and team with Ross Jordan, and collectively gaining the "honour" of being on the wrong end of the Manchester Massive's (Declan O'Connor and Joey Hayes) first ever FWA win at "Gold Rush" in February and being eliminated form the Gold Rush Rumble itself. He also returned to 1PW to wage his war against all things popular, forming the Iron Lions team with James Tighe, and managed to squeeze in an IPW UK Title defence against Spud at the King of Europe Cup weekend's "A Taste of IPW" bonus show (where UK Hat Guy was most certainly not spotted singing the words to "Loud and Proud".....Mr. Cheetah). Down at the bizarre Playouse WrestleFest in Harlow, he donned the mask of the International Man of Mystery and fell to debuting genetically engineered, specially created monster Tiny Iron, and also walked out of his IPW:UK vs. FWA "Final Frontiers" CHampion vs. Champion match with Robbie Brookside after deciding that the fans didn't deserve to see them wrestle. Taking an anti-IPW:UK stance and not really getting involved in the IPW:UK vs. FWA feud (JC was keeping him busy), SIMMONZ!! did eventually interfere in the Winner Takes All Martin Stone vs. Flash Barker main event that night, decking his other nemesis Stone with the title belt and appearing to betray IPW:UK, before also smashing Barker with the belt to make everything even.After his title-loss, SIMMONZ!! and his gang have still been hot on JC's tail. The two were forced to team while representing IPW:UK against WAW in the Inter-Federation Cup in Portsmouth, the failure for both men to co-exist leading to their early eliminations from the 8-man tag finale. He also surely has one, final, climatic match against Martin Stone left before 2007 is over, after he and LT were beaten by the vengeful Stone and his returning partner Stixx at "Unfinished Business" in July. SIMMONZ!! also took time out to appear in a brief segment on Channel 4's "Big Brother" show, which has led to former contestant Billi Bhati appearing alongside SIMMONZ!! and co. on recent IPW:UK events.After a year as one of the UK's most high-profile and controversial performers and featuring in numerous memorable moments, SIMMONZ!! is surely set for a similar 12 months ahead. His role as one of the guest trainers at the new IPW:UK training venture will allow him to work with and prepare the next generation of south-east talent, while still having plenty of years left ahead of himself.**************************************************************************Your 2007 UKFF 50 Top 10 is therefore:(alphabetical order)BubblegumDarren BurridgeDrew GallowayEl LigeroMajikPacSpudMartin StoneJonny StormDoug Williams

Two of the top 20 wrestlers in this country can be seen talking to each other blatantly for all to see mid-sleeper hold (1m17s) :confused:
It's pretty easy to find video of some of the biggest names in wrestling ever doing similar. Big deal.I'm pretty amazed Ligero is going to be in the top 10. I like him fine, he's always fun and very solid in the ring. Plus he's worked hard on his build and is always very over. But Top 10? Strange.Simmonz invariably puts on a good performance and is very smart at tailoring his style to the crowd he works in front of. He's also short and on roids. Still, a fair placement, I think.

I figure Bubblegum's high placing is going to mystify people who've only seen him as a High Flying attraction or as part of a tag team. Believe me though, if you see him in somewhere he is given main event programs (Like GPW or NBW) you'll be amazed at how capable a babyface he makes. I'd definitely have him well up there on the strength of his work in those two companies alone.

I figure Bubblegum's high placing is going to mystify people who've only seen him as a High Flying attraction or as part of a tag team. Believe me though, if you see him in somewhere he is given main event programs (Like GPW or NBW) you'll be amazed at how capable a babyface he makes. I'd definitely have him well up there on the strength of his work in those two companies alone.

I think this is the only time i'm ever gonna agree with you.

Ask, and ye shall receive:*********************************************************No. 33 - Conscience2006 Ranking: 352005 Ranking: 43Moving Upconscience.jpgPhoto - www.triplexwrestling.co.ukA consistent year for The Pryor sees him retain a consistent ranking in the UKFF 50.In his home SWA, Conscience moved on from his bitter feud with Majik, but found himself in somewhat of a downward spiral, losing consistently to the A-List, specifically Cage Tyler and Johnny Darko. In storyline terms, this losing streak meant that Conscience was on the verge of being dumped from the roster of SWA. September 2006, however, saw a re-motivated Conscience win the annual "Battlezone" to earn a new contract, and then set his sights firmly on "Vigilante" Johnny Moss....and the NWA British Heavyweight Championship.The two hard-hitters fought to a no-contest in a crazy brawl at "November 2 Remember", and then followed it up with a double-knockout in the equally chaotic and brutal rematch at January 2007's "New Year's Retribution". By pinning Moss in the specially-stipulated tag team main event of February's "Chaos on the Clyde", Conscience earned himself a final shot at Moss' UK Heavyweight title at "Clan Wars" in March - traditionally one of SWA's biggest events of the year (and their unique version of Survivor Series). In what was an emotional pro wrestling moment Conscience finally defeated Johnny Moss to become the first Scottish NWA British Heavyweight Champion.Succesfully defending the belt against Johnny Darko (and avenging his losses from the previous year) and Raging Bull, Conscience found himself the subject of attention of a mysterious masked man who came to be known as "John Doe". Doe was clearly interested in Con's championship. In a superb piece of booking, it proved to be the ultimate shocker when the mask was removed to reveal.......DOUG WILLIAMS. Conscience vs. Williams is now scheduled to be one of the huge main events for "The Gathering", the Scottish wrestling supershow being held in Glasgow in September.Conscience's exploits haven't been limited to Scotland, though with him not being booked by 3CW in the past 12 months his appearances south of the border have been more limited than in previous years. Triple-X Wrestling in Coventry has been his Engish home and has seen the continuation of his 3CW feud against the Damned Nation, with him being at odds with Gabriel Grey, Majik and Dragon Aisu for the entire past 12 months.As one third of the match to crown the first ever TXW Smash Champion at "~" in September, Con was attacked by Gabriel Grey's hickery stick, allowing Majik to beat Devilman for the victory. Con smashed the crap out of Grey at the next show in October ("Hallowe'en Jimmy Havoc") before going on to beat Grey's ally Dragon Aisu immediately after......by giving him a flaming superkick. Easy victories over Omer Ibrahim and R.I.P. on the next 2 shows eventually led to him facing Majik and Grey in a handicap match at "One More Tam" in June. A brilliantly surreal, almost satirical match saw him beat Grey with a Burning Hammer. Don't ask....

interesting wrestler i haven't seen him beforehas he got a website
can some one give me some more info on this guy idealy a website please