The 2007 UKFF 50

Big Benny HG

If i have this correct. Before i was in charge at an NBW show, in i think Boston, in 2005? G-Man got in the ring during the interval, after drinking himself into a state and grabbed the mic shouting and swearing about how he wanted the title belt of his, that NBW was using at the time, back.

Oh, is that what you're all talking about...? OK, here's the story:In the winter of 2005, at either the last MPW or first LPW show in Syston, Leicestershire, Mad Mike was in the ring posing for photographs. G-Man, who had been feuding with Mike but wasn't booked on the card, had come along as part of his birthday celebrations, and was getting hideously drunk.Come interval time, he came up and started talking to a few of us, and he suggested getting into the ring and paying for a photo with his arch-rival at the time. We did nothing to discourage this.After the photo, G-Man took the mic and proceeded to cut a promo on Mike saying he'd be NBW Ironman Champion again, and held up the queue of children after photos. It was very funny.G-Man hasn't been used in LPW since.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Yeah, UK Hatman... I suggest that you move the rankings around to suit people's personal preferences more closely.As for me, my ranking of these guys goes:Dave MoralezMadman MansonDarksideJay PhoenixSo there you go.

Surely changing the order of people around makes a mockery of the the voting system? I mean if this is who people voted for then thats who they voted for, its democracy after all.
I think you might be missing some ironic humor in Golden Spike's post there...I think he was saying that people complaining that their favorites weren't high enough are on a hiding to nothing...Although bitching about the rankings and comparing people who come out in the list is really the whole point of this thing. It should create discussion...If Ben ever posts any more results...
Lantrin is right, was a bit of irony, really. I can't reorder the voting, and if I could, no-one would be happy. Edited by thegoldenspike

• Paid Members

The tag match (which was, bizarrely when you consider the length of time the rivalry had been going, the first time that these 2 line-ups had wrestled each other) was possibly my own personal favourite match of 2007 so far. Blending action, comedy, characterisation, drama, passion, emotion and in-ring story-telling, it was truly splendid.

And clapping, lots and lots of clapping...

Also, what's with the 'Swanley (boo)' references?

Swanley's a fucking hole.Edit: Further explanation - the venue had terrible acoustics, never got full up, front row was miles away from the ring, and the Swanley shows always seemed to be really sub-par compared to the Orpington offerings. Edited by Big Rob

Even when we had 350 people in Swanley (a legit headcount, might i add, not 500, but 350) it was still hard to fill the mass of air around the sound.I do see us returning there one day, hopefully with more than 350 people in the building and hopefully with front row a little bit closer to the ring ;).

• Paid Members

Oh, is that what you're all talking about...? OK, here's the story:In the winter of 2005, at either the last MPW or first LPW show in Syston, Leicestershire, Mad Mike was in the ring posing for photographs. G-Man, who had been feuding with Mike but wasn't booked on the card, had come along as part of his birthday celebrations, and was getting hideously drunk.Come interval time, he came up and started talking to a few of us, and he suggested getting into the ring and paying for a photo with his arch-rival at the time. We did nothing to discourage this.After the photo, G-Man took the mic and proceeded to cut a promo on Mike saying he'd be NBW Ironman Champion again, and held up the queue of children after photos. It was very funny.G-Man hasn't been used in LPW since.

Actually, it was some time before that, as I was at both those shows. I'm not even sure it was at Syston.

I'm not even sure it was at Syston.

It was definitely in Syston. Trust me.Jack Storm should in no way be higher than Dave Moralez. He has all Moralez' disadvantages coupled with looking like an angry post op.Only seen a minimum if Lionheart, but he has got a good look.Jordan and Luke are both cool. Probably a bit higher than they should be.

• Paid Members

lol the show was in nottingham ;)

From www.nortonbritishwrestling.co.uk:

Nottingham 29/07/2006 5. "The Gift" Ross Jordan made his NBW Nottingham debut defeating the high flying Adrenaline. After a back and forth match, "The Gift" resorted to a low blow and a double underhook sit out slam for the pin

• Paid Members

No. 17 - "Jezebel" Eden Black

2006 Ranking: Not Eligible

2005 Ranking: Not Eligible

DPSCamera_0109_JPG.jpg

Photo (kicking Jetta in the head(!)) - www.ldnwrestling.com

The highest ranked female in the UKFF 50 secures a top 20 finish in the first year that women are eligible.

Being presented as a major star in the opening weeks of LDN "Capital TV" on The Wrestling Channel, Jezebel defeated Jetta in good matches on tapings in July and September 2006, in Romford and Enfield respectively. Back in Romford in November, Jetta then used underhand tactics to gain a measure of revenge, beating Jez in a 4-way elimination match (also featuring Violet and Skye).

Jezebel had also been feuding with Jetta up in Triple-X Wrestling. Answering Jetta's open challenge at "Chop Him in the Face!!" in July 2006, she beat her rival by DQ when the Chavs (as in the Midlands chavs...not the IPW:UK Chav Army...or the FWA Academy/1PW Chavs....or the XWA's Manchester Massive.....or Darren Burridge....) interfered. JP Monroe made the save, setting up JP and Jez vs. Jetta and chav Peter Jay at "~" in September. JP and Jezebel lost, but the feud was far from over. Jezebel then took Violet as her tag partner to form the team known as the CLIT (Classy Ladies In Tights), which defeated Jetta and Skye (The Legion of Womb) at the "Hallowe'en Jimmy Havoc" Hallowe'en special.

With the Jezebel vs. Jetta feud heating up and becoming a major part of LDN TV, Jetta and her new "Life Coach" John David Bernard Bruno Roger Ernest Peter Bruno William Henry Bruno Alan Christopher Bruno Chapman faced Jez and JP Monroe in a mixed tag match on the last LDN show of 2006. Shockingly, JP turned on Jezebel allowing her arch rival to score the victory. Splitting from LDN after this match, she hasn't featured in 2007.

Back up in Coventry, Jez and Violet ran in during a Jetta/Skye vs. Monroe/Chris Charizma ("The Sack, Back and Crack Connection") tag match at "Chop Him in the Valentines!!" in February 2007, seemingly intent on going after the girls. Instead, they actually attacked JP and Charizma, and joined forces with Jetta and Skye in the Legion of Womb. Violet was later kicked out of the group, but Jezebel hasn't featured on either of the 2 shows since then, and is presumably still a member.

While all of these LDN and TXW gongs-on were....going on, "Jezebel" Eden Black was being heavily pushed as the female face of Real Quality Wrestling. As the first and reigning RQW Womens Champion, she defeated Portia Perez on the ambitious promotion's York Hall debut in November, before taking part in an abysmal 4-way ladies match in Colchester at the XS-W/WXW "Gorefest" show in December. Sexist, degrading and embarrassing to watch, Black, Jetta, Roxi and (winner) Jade were made to look stupid.

January 2007, however, was possibly Jezebel's best ever calendar month. Beating SHIMMER stars MsChif and Cheerleader Melissa in a short, brutal match on an RQW card at York Hall, Black then faced MsChif again the very next day in a good match at 3CW "Fight Club/1PW Rescue" in Doncaster. The day after that, she was the British focal point of the "ChickFight 7" all-female tournament, held in Great Yarmouth. Beating ROH's/SHIMMER's Lacey and Daizee Haze in really good matches in the 1st and 2nd rounds respectively, she fell to Cheerleader Melissa in an excellent final.

Facing SHIMMER opposition again in March, Black went to a time-limit draw with Allison Danger in her next RQW Title defence in London and won an all-British 4-way over Kelly Adams, Jetta and Jade on XS-W's Sudbury show, before her and MsChif were beaten by old rivals Jetta and Cheerleader Melissa at the April York Hall show. 2 days later was the next "ChickFight UK" show, where instead of taking part in the tournament, Eden Black instead faced Melissa for the vacant Trans-Atlantic Womens Championship. A really good, vicious match saw Melissa beat Jez again to leave with the title.

ChickFight returned to the UK in June 2007. First, Black lost her RQW Womens Title to east European bruiser Wesna in a 4-way on RQW's Colchester debut, before she went to the finals of the ChickFight tournament once again at "CF9" the very next day. Beating Jade in a poor match in the first round, Jezebel then took it to the monstrous Amazing Kong in a superb final. Spunky, courageous babyface vs. immovable, monster heel was the name of the game, and Jez's never-say-die attitude saw her incredibly nearly beat Kong, before the prize eluded her once again and her massive opponent got the win.

Having gotten herself noticed with her 2007 matches against US opposition, word got back across the Atlantic and Jezebel found herself invited to Chicago's all-female SHIMMER promotion, which is currently one of the very best US indy pro wrestling products out there. Taking part in the tournament to crown the first SHIMMER champion, she didn't walk away with the belt, but impressed enough people to be asked back...