The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

MuteMath are my new favourite band!

Redemption TV aired one of their live shows late Friday night and from start to finish I was absolutely captivated, I immediately downloaded their album and I've already listened to it more times than anything else this year. I honestly don't understand why these guys aren't more popular, anyway, check 'em out:

<--- Drum enthusiasts might appreciate this one.

To recap quickly - yes, HB Andy, please upload some old school ska - I have some and would very much like to hear more.

My 3 disc box-set came today and needless to say I've already wanked all over it (metaphorically of course), and will be filtering a few tracks from it up on here in the coming few days, lets start from the start and get you In The Mood For Ska - Lord Tanamo PHOENIX CITY - Roland AlphonsoSee how that does for you and I'll get back with some more in due course.
Cheers man... I already had the Lord Tanamo one (the only stuff I have is this double album), but I enjoyed the other one. I have heard a cover of it before (maybe on a Give Em the Boot cd?), so it was good to hear the original...
That looks like quite a nice set actually.Here's another of my favourites Blam Blam Fever - The Valentines This song to me sounds like really early kind of hip-hop (I'm no expert on hip-hop by any means), reminescent of Public Enemy's Fuck Da Police, but a lot less aggressive, the message is clearly similar though.

• Awards Moderator

Great thread you chaps have going here. Despite posting on the TWC forums for three or four years, this is only my third post on UKFF ... so I'm attempting to get a couple of people to like me by posting a buggerload of cool songs. Hope you like them.

I'll start off with my current favourite cover version that isn't Rodrigo y Gabriela's take on 'Wish You Were Here' (which I've been unable to find anywhere, sad face). It is, in fact, Chris Cornell's version of Billie Jean, which I think showcases his staggering voice very well indeed. iTunes required though I'm afraid. Here it is live and unplugged. Cornell's the best rock vocalist around today in my view.

Next, a band most of you may not have heard of. They're called Jump, Little Children and they're amazing. Some of my favourites by them are -

By The Way They Dance - part 1 of a hopefully several-part series of songs that I think perfectly and impeccably show real, true love. The type of thing where you listen and think to yourself "YES. THIS is IT." This song - the lyrics to which I recommend you read while you listen - is based around an incredibly simple image, but describes and evokes it beautifully.

Mexico - more like Jump's usual fare. Great song.

My Guitar - Jump rockin' out. Fun little song once the opening minute of guitar wankery finishes. But that's quite fun too, so it's all good. iTunes required.

Habit - and here they go all intense poetic. This one's a grower. iTunes required.

After that, Brian Wright & The Waco Tragedies, who I saw live on last year's Hotel Caf

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

This song to me sounds like really early kind of hip-hop (I'm no expert on hip-hop by any means), reminescent of Public Enemy's Fuck Da Police,

No kidding. "Fuck Da Police" was by N.W.A. not Public Enemy. Good track anyway.

This song to me sounds like really early kind of hip-hop (I'm no expert on hip-hop by any means), reminescent of Public Enemy's Fuck Da Police,

No kidding. "Fuck Da Police" was by N.W.A. not Public Enemy. Good track anyway.
Certianly not overestimating myself there. Glad you liked the track.This is an old blues track from a compilation called 'Banged Up - American Jailhouse Songs 1920s-1950s', I'm sure that indicates enough to know the type of sound it will be...Lonesome Pine Fiddlers - Twenty One Years

• Awards Moderator

Yeah, that Andrew Bird album is pretty stellar. I can't figure out why people like Jack Johnson are famous and he isn't, especially when it's not like he's too ugly to be famous or anything..

We're in good company - no less than Danny DeVito is a big fan :duh:Got any non-Armchair Apocrypha tracks pwetty pwease?

Yeah, that Andrew Bird album is pretty stellar. I can't figure out why people like Jack Johnson are famous and he isn't, especially when it's not like he's too ugly to be famous or anything..

We're in good company - no less than Danny DeVito is a big fan :duh:Got any non-Armchair Apocrypha tracks pwetty pwease?
Count me as a fan of Andrew Bird as well. Heretics be my favourite song from the album.Here's my favourite track of the moment, not the stuff I usually like (I don't want to shame myself again, but I think it's kind of Hip Hoppy), if there's more stuff like this or someone could point me that vague direction I'd be very happy. MIA - Paper Planes