Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah, I didn't want to sway the responses so I didn't give any info, but I just saw someone get charged 70p for a Twirl on my lunch break and thought it was ridiculously pricey.

I don't really buy sweets and chocolate bars unless there's some occasional gathering or film or whatever, and on those occasions it'll be big bags or multipacks and the like. When I did just buy them individually for myself with my pocket money it was years back when it was roughly 30p for everything. I know it doesn't really need a comment because, well, inflation exists and "THINGS GET MORE EXPENSIVE!!!" is hardly newsworthy, but I really am at the point where I just wouldn't pay that. Makes me feel quite old.

WHo uses Google Chrome and what are the best extensions you have for it?

My favourite is one that automatically adds the next page of whatever your reading to the bottom of the page, so you can technically read the whole "Post a picture of yourself" thread without clicking you mouse (though i'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing!)

• Paid Members

Dearest UKFF,

Someone I know has gotten rather sick of Facebook and has decided to cancel their account. But, it has been suggested that he go out in style. After carefully reading Facebook's guidelines, terms of membership and rules, the leading suggestion is that he takes a picture of himself having a shit and use it as his profile picture. But I'm sure he's willing to listen to any ideas.

Suggestions?

What does the word "profiles" mean in the context of kites? A friend of mine is translating stuff and can't make sense of: "The kite consists of two layers of fabric with a set of profiles in between." Neither can I. What's a simpler paraphrasing of the "set of profiles in between" bit?

I have a printer problem and wondered if anyone could help.

I haven't used my printer in ages and have got a new laptop since with Windows 7 and it doesn't print anything from Word. Paper goes in and comes out as if it's done the job but it's blank. I tried printing a test page and that worked and I cleaned the heads which also brought normal results on the paper. I then tried printing from another programme (paint) and that worked too, so it seems its just Word at the minute.

I tired re-installing the software from the cd but the cd wouldn't work with Windows 7. Could this be the problem, needing the software? or is it some sort of settings that just need changing? Or probably something entirely different :laugh:

edit - it's a HP Deskjet D1560

• Paid Members
What does the word "profiles" mean in the context of kites? A friend of mine is translating stuff and can't make sense of: "The kite consists of two layers of fabric with a set of profiles in between." Neither can I. What's a simpler paraphrasing of the "set of profiles in between" bit?

Looking on dictionary.com brings up this:

Theater. a flat stage property or scenic piece cut from a firm, thin material, as of beaverboard or plywood, and having an irregular edge resembling the silhouette of a natural object.

I'm assuming it would mean that in some way.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived