Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Anyone know of a good Dailymotion downloader? Keepvid doesn't seem to be working with DM any more, so I'm looking for another method.

If have found that ovget.com works for downloading from most of the sites I use and it seems to still work for Dailymotion as well.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello fine guys and girls, my latest torrent site has gone to the wall so im wondering if anyone has any they would like to put forward?

Also, im considering Spotify, I mainly like to listen to full albums and create playlists, I also want to be able to use it on my iphone when im out and about, is it anygood for this?

Bit of a techie question here. Anyone know why I can't skip through videos on the Internet? For the last month or so, every time I want to skip through to a certain part of a Youtube video, when I click on the bar at the bottom to the place I want to go to, the video puts up one of those 'sad face' emoticons on it and a yellow bar comes up at the top of the browser saying that Shockwave Flash has crashed. It's annoying me even more this morning, cos I stayed up and watched the first hour of Extreme Rules on a stream, and this morning I want to watch the rest of the show, but I can't skip to where I left it last night or the video crashes. Having to have a video play through for an hour before you get to the stuff you want is bloody annoying!

I've gone onto the Shockwave website and re-installed Flash but still no luck.

Edit: Ok, think it's something to do with Chrome cos I don't have this trouble in Internet Explorer. Can skip back and forth as merrily as I like. Problem solved.

• Paid Members

This might be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway.

Can you hook up a PVR/TV recorder box to a Sky box? We have Sky in our apartment, but because we have a communal dish. The record functions on the Sky+ box are unreliable and often don't work. I'm wondering if I can just connect a PVR to the Sky box via the Scart, and record that way?

Any help appreciated.

Anyone know of a good Dailymotion downloader? Keepvid doesn't seem to be working with DM any more, so I'm looking for another method.

If have found that ovget.com works for downloading from most of the sites I use and it seems to still work for Dailymotion as well.

Lovely, will give that a try when I get home. Cheers fella.

I tried to sign into Ebay last night but was told

Your email/user ID or password is incorrect.

Same thing has happened today, i clicked forgot password (i haven't) and entered my user name. Not found!

Everything on ebay i've clicked for help i just get the sign in page again. I've also treid to find my profile and there's no sign of me.

Can anyone help?

I tried to sign into Ebay last night but was told

Your email/user ID or password is incorrect.

Same thing has happened today, i clicked forgot password (i haven't) and entered my user name. Not found!

Everything on ebay i've clicked for help i just get the sign in page again. I've also treid to find my profile and there's no sign of me.

Can anyone help?

This may sound silly, but have you are you trying to sign into ebay.com and not ebay.co.uk or vice versa? I've had similar in the past, and was only when I realised I was signing into one and not the other, that the problem was sorted.

I was signing in to co.uk but just tried .com and getting the same :/

In that case, give them a ring. May take forever to get through mind. Also check your registered email address for any deactivation messages. I cant link to ebay on this computer as it's blocked, but the numbers readily available on the site. See if they can trace your account.

I was signing in to co.uk but just tried .com and getting the same :/

In that case, give them a ring. May take forever to get through mind. Also check your registered email address for any deactivation messages. I cant link to ebay on this computer as it's blocked, but the numbers readily available on the site. See if they can trace your account.

One hour later and i have my account back. :thumbsup:

Apparently i was hacked and had my id changed.....i think. I'm now slightly paranoid that the Thai guy on the phone might not have fully understood my beautiful mancunian dialect or maybe it was the other way round.

Archived