Wrestling in the Bournemouth area

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just come back from the BIC where the Premier Championship spectacular took place. Decent sized crowd, and good feel, but not as nice as the Pavillion which the audience agreed with when John Freemantle asked. He also apologised for the lack of a womans tag match but 'it fell apart around his ears' to quote him. Steve Grey was the referee.

1. Triple Threat Elimination Match (announced as a 3 way tag match):

Nick Riley vs. James Danmar vs. Jay Knox.

Match was two men in a ring and one on the outside. Very good opener with high flying and hard work, all three looked good. James Danmar was given an excellent showing of himself and riled up the crowd well. Jay was more popular but only just. Some nice exchanges included Riley doing an asai moonsault, Danmar giving Knox a killer STO and Riley hitting a nasty superkick.

Riley was eliminated first after being crotched on the top rope and Danmar hit a samoan crush and back splash.

Jay Knox quickly won with a swanton bomb

Winner: Jay Knox

2. International Championship:

Joel Redman vs. UK Dominator

A good match which suffered a small bit by some mistiming and confusion. Dominator got alot of good abuse from the crowd, some stalling to start and then a bit of well recieved comedy with Redman foiling Dominator. Redman picked up the first fall quite early with a Johnny Saint roll up. Dominator reacted and turned serious. He equalised with the slingshot legdrop. The match went a bit longer where they seem to get tired and it dipped in quality, Redman won with the Superfly splash. The crowd loved Redman winning the trophy.

Winner: Joel Redman

Interval- Redman and Jonny Storm were selling stuff in the ring. Storm for some reason was wearing a Rey Mysterio mask. Probably modelling what he was selling.

3. Heavyweight Championship:

James Mason vs. Robbie Brookside

Loved this match, good quality, old school technical British wrestling and it was quite well recieved. Mason started Round one with the armbar, round two Brookside countered and went after Mason's knee. Crowd was split. Brookside got the first fall with his Brookside slam (wrestling on the second rope, Brookside grabs the arms and throws him over his head). Mason countered with quickly chained wrestling and ended up pinning Brookside with knees on shoulder and grabbed his feet. The next fall came soon after when Mason pinned Brookside with a backslide. Afterwards, Brookside got on the mic and said british wrestling is a lost art form and everyone should be thankful we got a chance to watch James Mason. He was right.

Winner: James Mason.

4. Ladies match:

Chelsea Kensington vs. Cunning Kaylee

Kaylee was a good Maryse like character but the match was just bad. Uncoordinated and just walking from spot to spot. Kensington started to sell her knee half way through and it got a little better, but still bad. Chelsea got the first fall with an inside cradle, Kaylee equalised with a half crab, then Chelsea won with a backslide.

Winner: Chelsea Kensington

5. Light Weight Championship:

Jonny Storm vs. Gareth Harris

Storm was very popular. The match started with Storm getting the upper hand after several exchanges, but around the 2nd round Harris countered a charge into the corner with a roll up and feet on the ropes. Harris then remained in control for a while, then Storm managed to hit a superkick and a lionsault to win the second fall. The third fall occured shortly, with a 619 from Storm. And there was much rejoicing.

Winner: Jonny Storm

Overall, this was a very good show, the crowd was enthusiatic and the wrestlers (barring the ladies) didn't disappoint good show, I really enjoyed it.

Next Premier Promotions show is Tuesday 19th April (Easter time) at 7 pm back at the Pavillion.

Good turn out but a bit of a weird venue, area where ring was located was sunken, making it harder for the kids to the see the action. A lot of the boys perched on a wall behind the seating. Despite the drawback of the larger venue they still got a good atmosphere going.

Good to see home-town lad Jay Knox bag a win.

Joel Redman went down well, he's got a good look and a top worker.

I agree the ladies match was the only match not quite up to par.

Good to see Jonny Storm again, he's always a crowd pleaser. Can't help but think they could have found a better opponent for him at the top of the card, Harris is a decent worker but he just looks rather pasty and lanky looking.

Shame no Knight Dynasty :(

I think the comments above have been fairly similar to my thoughts on the show.

The triple threat we very enjoyable and Im sure in the back of my head contrary to what was said we have had one of those here before- although it may have been elsewhere? I like the work of all 3 of the entrants, Danmar could one day be a stellar heel and Nick Riley is an excellent all rounder. Jay Knoxx I do enjoy in the ring and he put on the best performance out of the three but find it hard to join in a cheer for him as its always his group of friends I beleive that provide the noise for him and that just makes me cringe a bit for some reason.

UK Dominator Vs Joel Redman - I felt this was actually a little disjointed and that these two didnt really ever click properly. Redman was looking very very pumped as well. Not a bad match just nothing more than an acceptable 5/10

James Mason Vs Robbie Brookside as mentioned was everything a british wrestling match can be and for what was a very pure grounded style had the crowed properly gripped by the end without the use of stalling, dangerous moves or copying american "superstars"

The ladies match was a shambles of a contest. The girls were quite attractive but were not up to scratch for this show (I expect a good standard from premier that they couldnt fullfill) Which is why I think we had 5 matches. The main problems were the repeat spots (rollup anyone?) poor execution and the fact 9 out of 10 moves had them both facing the stage where noboddy was sitting. For any wrestlers reading this I feel I am right that facial expressions help tell a story in the ring and I know in theatre almost everything has to be facing the audience so what they did was unacceptable.

Jonny Storm Vs Gareth Harris - Good match but should have been swapped with the Mason Brookside contest on the show. Who is Harris I have never seen him before and will probably not remeber him if I see him again he was the defention of bland and Im sure there were better choices to face Mr Storm that night.

Overall though a solid show that was very enjoyable not much more can be said. In comparrison I went to VPW in portsmouth on Fri and Premier Sunday. Both the same price and while I enjoyed the Pyro, Lights and great looking set up of VPW. Premier proves that it doesnt always mean much as spending that money on UK leading talent can produce just as good a show if not better (in ring product at VPW was in all but the main event very poor unless you like everyone wrestling like randy orton)

In regards to the hall, I didnt hate the set up. Mostly due to remenising my TWA days, But I do feel that the Ballroom provides a more intamate set up due to the lower (possibly too low) roof. ALthough the Trgonwell hall feels bigger it really is smaller in terms of max capacity.

• 4 weeks later...

FSE's return to Ferndown is tomorrow Night!!! Tickets are still available from the theatre box office (01202) 894 858, or on the door. Book your tickets now to avoid dissapointment as tickets are selling fast!!!!

Stars set to appear:

Kris Kay

Klondyke Kate

Justin Starr

Karl Atlas

Andy Simmonz

and Many More!

Come See Live What The Rest Of The World Watch On TV!!!

So went to Fightstar in Ferndown last night and have to be honest I was very dissapointed with the show overall. I had only seen one show before last time they were down and it was fantastic, my expectations were not massive but higher than this.

Crowed was about 80 people way down on last time but that was a half term which helps. (the venu only holds 150-200 tops anyway)

I was also dissapointed that there was no hardcore tournament as previously advertised, My friends still like a bit of brawling and just a bit of outside action along with a few loose weapon shots would have been ok.

Karl Atlas Vs Lucha Jobber 1 - I have forgotten the name but it was Jay Knoxx in what looked like a blue demon mask and what I can only describe as a wet suit that was a tribute to the power rangers or a gimp suit for CM Punk. Lucha Jobber 1 tried to do comedy with what I can only describe as a Glasweegen come Mexican accent. Very little offence given but no decent selling either. Total downer of an opening match really not much more to say. The outfit offended me enough alone. winner Karl Atlas

Marshall Law vs Brad ???? - Marshall Law looked good although a little like the big bossman. Brad ??? looked like he had put on one of velvet skys outfits. Thankfully I missed most of this match as I had to make a call but it was apparently very poor as well. Winner Marshall Law I think

Andy Simmons Vs Justin Star - Finally some ok wrestling, nothing spectacular but enjoyable. finished when Kris Kay ran in and beat down simmons. Didnt make much sense as this was a title match and he cost his mate the title? Jay Knoxx ran out to help Simmons and set up a six man tag with mystery partners later on.

Connie Steel Vs Erin Angel - I actually feel guilty for my behaviour in this match as I was laughing very loudly at Connie Steels selling. Honestly it was awful, her moans were very poor as well as her move set. It was botched move after botched move. I cannot blame erin as I have seen her in some great little bouts. Sadly connie steel won, took any disbeleif away from me that night and shouldnt be near a wrestling ring.

Six Man Tag - Rumble Rules - Simmons Knoxx and Brad??? Vs Karl Atlas Kris Kay and Justin Star - No Idea who won we left for the pub 2 mins into this match

So overall a poor show with poor matches - Kris Kay should have had a second match if there going to reuse people and why keep two of the partners a mystery if its just people we have already seen.

My other complaint is that the ring is loose shoddy and a danger to anyone in it. I may complain about the matches and the workers but I wouldnt want to see any of them hurt. By doing moves around that ring they will one day.

To offer my rehashed booking plan for what they had there last night below I think would be suitable.

1) be honest that people are wrestling twice, people will be ok with it. Have the "Fight for Ferndown" Trophy and have 3 singles then a six man tag at the end all on a points system. Get rid of the ladies and use marshall law vs one extra wrestler or even jay knoxx under a mask.

So the show would have been better booked in my opinion

Karl Atlas Vs Jay Knoxx - as Jay Knoxx

Kris Kay Vs Brad ??

Simmons Vs Starr

Marshall Law Vs Whoever

Six man Tag Main event.

Nice trophy presentation at the end and there you go

I must appologise for the show not being up to your expectation Mr Worden, as we had to do a last minute card change due to certain wrestlers being injuryed.

While we do try our best to please the audience, we are still learning and trying different approaches to make our product different from other promotions.

However, we would like your support for our next outing on Tuesday 28th June back at the Barrington Theatre, where hopefully the card will be more up to your expectations as there was a hardcore challenge between Kris Kay and Jay Knox for our main event in June. We at Fightstar Sports Entertainment hope to see you there at the Barrington in June.

That sounds damm good value, shame I will be in Las Vegas that weekend. Still rather be there than doncaster for anything

well if you know any friends who may be interested pass this on to them, if they go i ll do a discount for the october show for you

Archived