Wrestling in the Bournemouth area

The Daily Echo has a piece about Tues 19th April. Advertised to appear are:

'Iron Hulk' Karl Atlas (yay)

Kris Kay

Iestyn Rees

'International Indian Superstar' Rishi Ghosh (who I think trained in the FWA academy under his brother Raj)

The show will feature an American Rumble too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Fightstar Sports Entertainment returns to Ferndown again for another night of fast paced wrestling action! The action returns to the Barrington Theatre, Ferndown, Penny's walk on Tuesday 28th June with the doors opening at 7pm and the show starts at 7.30pm.

Stars Set to appear are:

Kris Kay

All Counties Champion Andy Simmonz

Justin Starr

Vikan The Vampire

and Many More.

Tickets are available on the door on the night or from the theatre box office on (01202) 894 858. Get your tickets now before they sell out.

Tickets priced at

Connie Steel Vs Erin Angel - I actually feel guilty for my behaviour in this match as I was laughing very loudly at Connie Steels selling. Honestly it was awful, her moans were very poor as well as her move set. It was botched move after botched move. I cannot blame erin as I have seen her in some great little bouts. Sadly connie steel won, took any disbeleif away from me that night and shouldnt be near a wrestling ring.

This is surprising, I've heard good things about Connie from other people.

She has alot of potential and is a second gen wrestler as her mother is Klondyke Kate.

Connie Steel Vs Erin Angel - I actually feel guilty for my behaviour in this match as I was laughing very loudly at Connie Steels selling. Honestly it was awful, her moans were very poor as well as her move set. It was botched move after botched move. I cannot blame erin as I have seen her in some great little bouts. Sadly connie steel won, took any disbeleif away from me that night and shouldnt be near a wrestling ring.

This is surprising, I've heard good things about Connie from other people.

She has alot of potential and is a second gen wrestler as her mother is Klondyke Kate.

I didnt realise that, doesnt look like her mother :rolleyes: I think the problem was my expectations vs her experience. I really hope in 2-3 years time I see her again and she can rub the above comment in my face. Part of the problem I think was the fact she ended up in a 1 on 1 match when she was to be in a six man tag where i expect she would have looked fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't even know it was on, and I had been looking on this thread over the past few weeks for any wrestling in Bournemouth :angry:

Anyway, I had a look on the website, and this is on there for anyone who didn't know and is interested:

SUMMER SEASON

EVERY TUESDAY AUGUST 2-AUGUST 30

BOURNEMOUTH : Pavilion Ballroom

Box Office: 0844 576 3000. Start 7.30.

Wrestling will be returning to The Barrington Theatre in Ferndown in two weeks time on Tuesday June 28th,

Doors opening at 7pm with the show starting at 7.30pm.

Stars Appearing:

All Counties Champion Andy Simmonz

SWF British Champion Kris Kay

Justin Starr

Vikan The Vampire

Phil Powers and more.

The card is to have a Title vs Title match Between All Counties Champion Andy Simmonz and SWF British Champion Kris Kay.

This match came about due to Jay Knox having an opperation in May and being unable to partake in his Harcore Match with

Kris Kay, which now must be put back until a later date.

Also to headline the bill will be an "Over The Top Rope Rumble Match".

CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Tickets available from the theatre box office on (01202) 894 858 or on the door on the night.

Tickets are priced at

• 1 month later...

Yesterdays Daily Echo have a small article advertinsing the first night of the Summer season. The article says:

Sweet Sayara and Britani Knight vs. Amazon and Destiny

Kris Kay

Andy Simmonz

Wade Fitzgerald to appear also.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there, I went again and I am back with results.

The show wasn't really to normal standards, but it got fuller just as the show started, good crowd though. John Freemantle started the show as usual with Final Countdown. He announced Flash Barker who was advertised couldn't be there due to injury. BTW Sweet Sayara and Britani Knight lost there PWF tag team titles last week to Destiny and Amazon. Barker was replaced with Graham Hughes.

1. The Masked Emperor vs. Rich N Famous.

Emperor came out pretending he didn't understand and hated the noise of the crowd applauding. Good back and forth match which dipped a little in the middle. Finish came when the Emperor exposed the turnbuckle and got whipped into it. Somehow it didn't damage him, but when Rich did a high knee he hurt his leg bad. After working the leg for a bit Emperor put on the old Brock Lock for the first fall in Round 3. Round 4 was about 30 seconds long as Emperor dropkicked the injured knee and reapplied the Brock Lock for the second fall.

Winner: Masked Emperor 2-0

2. Graham Hughes vs. Ian Logan

Logan was a very good heel, while Hughes was an adequate face. Hughes is from New Zealand FYI. The match was pretty good with lots of arm holds in the early going. Logan was great getting under peoples skin and cutting off Hughes. Logan got the first fall with Codebreaker in Round 3, Hughes countered a sunset flip a la Hartt/Bulldog 92 for the second fall in Round 4. The match finish when the pudgy looking Hughes hit an impressive standing moonsault in Round 5 for the win.

Winner: Graham Hughes 2-1 (Good match)

Intermission- seem to coincide with the Joe Pasquale show next door. Some stuff for sale like WWE posters and figures. Seem to be quite short.

3. The Zulu Prince vs. Joel Redman

Zulu Prince is damn impressive to see. He has all the gear like the spear and shield (think Saba Simba) and Kamala moon and star on his very ripped body. Joel was given a great reception like always. Zulu Prince was the foreign heel as you'd imagine, it was quite fast moving match but well recieved. Zulu Prince got the first fall after crotching Redman and hitting the FU. Just before the fall Joel had hit a beautiful somersault plancha to the outside. Anyway, Redman recovered and scored the second pinfall with the handspring in the corner into a rollup. Finally, after some real good exchanges Zulu ended up hitting a second FU he won the match. Hilariously, when the Zulu Prince rolled out the ring and laid on the floor, a fan in a wheelchair went to run him over. It sounds worse than it was but was very funny.

Winner: Zulu Prince 2-1 (Very Good)

4. Three Way Elimination Match: Rishi Ghosh vs. Josh Devonshire vs. Pretty Boy Dan Walsh

This was held where two men were in the ring and one on the outside under tag rules. Missed the very beginning, but came back to see Dan Walsh on the outside and Rishi and Devonshire having some good exchanges. Eventually, the story unfolded that Rishi and Walsh would swap tags working over Devonshire getting fan support, unfortunately, Dan Walsh's over the top personality was too much to overcome, and he was definently the fan fav here. Eventually the Rishi and Walsh partnership broke down with both wanting to show there big move to each other. After an outside altercation Devonshire wiped out both men with a crossbody from the top rope to the two wrestlers. Inside, Devonshire tagged in and hit a top rope dropkick on Walsh and pinned him to the crowds disappointment. Rishi then dominated Devonshire until Devonshire hit something looking alot like the old Ghoshbuster of Raj Ghosh and scored the win.

Winner: Josh Devonshire (Great match)

It was announced that next week is the American Rumble, but this was a good show. Well worth the

I enjoyed the show. It was very quite empty but to be expected with a 6 week stint (I expect last week was very busy and then will be steady to the end of the season) and a crap spell of weather.

Zulu Warrior really stood out to me had a great look and great crowed interaction. Felt like a 1980's Heavyweight bout in a good way that is

Archived