Wrestling in the Bournemouth area

I really enjoyed the show on tuesday, possibly a little bit over the top in some of my heckles to the wrestlers and probably asked for groin kickage too often.

The tag match was supurb the best I have seen from premier in bournemouth....of the quality of there old potters bar shows from when I was at Uni.

It was a little embarresing as a mate of mine who has only been to the last 2 premier shows to base british wrestling on, while I convinced him of the legend status of Kidd and Grey in this country and that they could still go. Having Barry Cooper in the middle made it look like they had brought a car of wrestlers from eastbourne. nothing against the guy just how my friend percieved it.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really enjoyed myself on tuesday was good to have the old gang all at one show to. Did I see you pop in the brass house about an hour after show duane, I didnt realise but i do know who you are as I have spoken to you before with John Amos, I will endevour to say hello next week if your there.

We were only in the block next to you as Mad ELi was just to my left. Matches were all enjoyable, I hadnt been to premier for a while as I found there shows to kid orientated and stall based but was impressed last night like I used to be with them a few years ago.

I have to ask as well Duane, was it your son who shouted out "dont take the lords name in vane" when a frustrated dan walsh said "oh my god" as that was classic!!

Yep, that was Ollie :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just so you know Premier Promotions will be back at the Bournemouth Pavillion next Tuesday (26th October) Advertised are:

'International Superstar' Paul Tracey

Flash Barker

Jonny Storm

Zack Sabre Jr.

That is all.

Great line-up there... would certainly be going if I lived anywhere close.

Results from Premier on Sunday

The UK Dominator def PJ Jones in a very good hard hitting match

Jonny Storm & Zack Sabre Jr Wrestled to a time limit draw in a high flying/ comedy bout

Paul Tracey Def Kris Kay Via DQ

Flash Barker def Andy Boy Simmons via rollup

Premier also announced they would be back on 28th December and the programme stated it would include a Knockout tournament and six man tag

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
TWO OF the most important tournaments in the wrestling calendar will be fought out over the Christmas period when Premier Promotions stage Wrestling Spectaculars at Bournemouth and Worthing.

The annual Ken Joyce Trophy, in memory of the former European champion, will be contested at the Bournemouth Pavilion on December 28, while the Worthing Trophy will be decided at the Worthing Assembly Hall on December 30.

The winners of the events, first run in 1992 and 1994 respectively, read like a Who's Who of British wrestling and include Pat Roach, Johnny Saint, Danny Collins, Tony St Clair, Robbie Brookside and Doug Williams.

Among the stars booked to appear on this year's Christmas spectaculars are James Mason, Joel Redman, Jonny Storm, Flash Barker, Kris Kay and Zack Sabre Jr.

From the Premier Promotions website, looks good, be nice to see James Mason again I haven't seen him since the Conway days at the BIC. Hope to be there (it's a xmas present I hope)

• 4 weeks later...

Just came back from the show with me mum. Pretty packed place with Klondyke Kate in the audience. Not wrestling due to injuries. Mad Eli in attendance. Karl Atlas and Josh Devonshire advertised on the bill but replaced due to flu by UK Dominator and Darrell Allen.

Ken Joyce Trophy Semi Finals:

1. Joel Redman vs. Nick Riley. Very good match as you would expect from these two. Told the story of Nick and Joel getting frustrated not getting the win. Fast paced and slow building excellent. Nick Riley picked up the first fall in Round 3 with the Johnny Saint Roll up. Redman equalised after a Discus clothesline, and the final fall occurred after several moves finished with Riley hitting a cross body block and Redman rolling through.

Winner: Joel Redman

2. Jay Knox vs. Justin Starr. Justin Starr played a terrific heel getting on the mic and running down the 'inbred scumbag'. Jay Knox was great. Good match with Knox playing the high flying underdog. First Fall to Knox with a victory roll in Round 2. But then Starr quickly turned the match in Round 3 and hit a piledriver for the Knockout victory.

Winner Justin Starr.

Intermission. Joel Redman selling photos and t-shirts.

3. 6 Man Elmination tag

Odd rules, elmination by knockout pin or submission until the last two men then it was over-the-top rules. The teams were the The UK Dominator, James Danmar and Hollands Tommy End against Barry Cooper, Darrell Allen and Zack Sabre Jr. Good match the heels were excellent. Story was mostly the three heels smacking Allen around the ring. Barry Cooper hit the ring and got rolled up by James Danmar. After five more minutes and Allen got hit by the Dominators slam into flatliner, awesome. Leaving Zack vs. the three heels. Zack eliminated Dominator first with a roll up, shortly followed by a back slide to Danmar. This led to Tommy End vs Zack Sabre Jr in Rumble match rules. Ended with End hitting Sabre with two brainbusters and going to throw him over the rope, but it being reversed and Sabre hitting a superkick over the top rope. Kids swarmed End afterwards to say he sucked funny moment.

4. Ken Joyce Trophy Finals:

Joel Redman vs. Justin Starr. Good match, Redman being super popular in Bournemouth and Starr being hated. Good spot at the start where Redman went to crotch Starr on the ringpost and called for the kids to do it, they swarmed and it was a good visual. Starr got the first fall with a low blow into a roll up in Round 2. Then Redman retaliated in round 4 with a sunset flip. He then hit a 619 and then a backslide in Round 5 to win the Ken Joyce Trophy.

Overall, very good show and very enjoyable. Next show is Febuary 27th (Sunday) but being held in the BIC instead of the Pavillion and will be a Champions Special.

Pretty much summed up my thoughts on the show above Spotlight. I would like to just say again how good the Reilly Vs Redman match was, it went past the usual Premier family freindly match to something a little bit special and was certainly match of the night followed by the six man tag.

The six man tag was great, a little vince russoish in the rules but not too hard to follow. It was obvious that Darrell Allen was young and I think James Danmar was as well, as some of there offence was a little sloppy not to say they embarresed themeselves or anything as both men did a great job and Bournemouth is a great place to learn infront of a live crowd. On a slightly negative note, Zack Sabre Jr has dissapointed me in his last 2 bournemouth appearances, from what I saw and remeber of him from other promotions he can do so much more but seems to be the clown and phone it in while down here.

Crowd was largest I have seen in a while and I hope the BIC show draws just as big as sometimes it feels a bit empty in the big halls there with smaller crowds

• 2 weeks later...

I missed the December show, mostly been busy with taking my son to the Lighthouse production of Peter Pan he was in.

News on next Premier BIC show grapple fans!

BIC in Bournemouth ... Sunday 27th February 2011 at 3pm

featuring:

Robbie Brookside ... defending his PWF Title

Jonny Storm ... defending his PWF Title

Ricky Knight ... defending his PWF Title

Sweet Saraya & Britani Knight ... defending their PWF Ladies Tag Team Title

Further information as we get nearer to the show.

Tickets are

• 3 weeks later...

After Two successful shows at the Barrington Theatre, Fightstar Sports Entertainment have decided to return to Ferndown on Tuesday 29th March.

This show features a SIX MAN TAG TEAM MAIN EVENT and a FOUR MAN KNOCK OUT TOURNEMENT to Crown the 1st FSE Hardcore Champion.

PLUS: The Return of Hell in Boots Herself...KLONDYKE KATE!!!

Check back here in the upcoming weeks for stars appearing.

CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

Tickets priced at

Archived