Wrestling in the Bournemouth area

Had a brilliant time, especially seeing my son and his friend get into it so much :) Most of the wrestlers were new to me apart from Joel Redman, according to the programme their policy is to not give you the same talent at consecutive shows. Good to offer variety but perhaps if Premier are to bring us regular shows here some continuity would be good also.

I was pleased to see Mad Eli in attendance :thumbsup:

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you weren't one of the 2 lads cheering the heels? :)

I wondered if they were UKFFers lol

I thought it was quite a good turn out for a show of that type on a Sunday afternoon. The VPW shows using a couple of ex WWF/E names pulled in bigger crowds at the Pavillion during school holidays but the shows using Americans always do better numbers.

The Big Easter Wrestling Spectacular

Tuesday 13 April 2010

Tuesday

Pavilion Ballroom

ONE of the biggest names in wrestling is coming to Bournemouth next month.

Doug Williams, who recently toured Europe with the giant American TNA organisation and is in demand all over the world, heads a star-studded line-up for the next grappling spectacular at the Pavilion.

Williams, who is currently wrestling in the USA, will be jetting into Britain for a series of important contests for Bournemouth matchmakers Premier Promotions and tops the bill when wrestling returns to its traditional midweek slot at the Pavilion with a big Easter show on Tuesday, April 13.

The reigning PWF heavyweight champion and six-times Wrestler of the Year, Williams is not only a massive star on both sides of the Atlantic, but he regularly spends much of the year based in Japan, where he wrestles for the top NOAH federation.

The globe-trotting, multi-championship winning UK No. 1 has captured titles all over the world, most recently adding the TNA X Division Championship to his roll of honours, and fronts the British Invasion tag team.

Among the other stars booked to appear on April 13 are PWF tag team title-holder Mark Haskins, who has also been in action recently in Japan, super-heavyweight colossus Kris Kay, high flying Wade Fitzgerald and Andy Boy Simmonz.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back really enjoyed it.

Card started late about 7.50 rather than 7.30.

Match 1- Mark Haskins vs. Wade Fitzgerald.

This was a real high flying affair with both men looking great. Comedy was the children turning on Wade after he was announced being from Portsmouth. Some big spots including an asai moonsault and headscissor variations. both got one fall and in the sixth round a suplex to the outside knocked them both out. Draw.

Match 2-Andy Boy Simmonz vs Eamon O Neal

More traditional. Simmonz got heat quickly and O Neal had to say 'Yes?' before hitting any moves. Pretty good match. O Neal got the first fall and then Simmonz hit a springboard legdrop. O Neal finally hit a powerbomb for the win. O Neal beat Simmonz 2 falls to 1.

Interval- Doug Williams was signing autographs and getting pictures taken.

Match 3- Doug Williams vs. Kris Kay

Kay was on form. Williams looked very good too. Quite short match, Williams got the first fall with a European uppercut from the top rope. Kay cheated alot and got the second fall with a boston crab. Doug then got the final fall with a sloppy looking cradle. But Doug was super over.

Match 4- 'Pretty Boy' Dan Walsh vs Joel Redman

Walsh was hysterical as the narcissus in love with himself. Redman was very good as usual. Redman pinned Walsh in the second round with tiger suplex. Walsh got the second fall with an elbow from the top rope. Redman got the final fall with a Rock bottom.

Fun evening, they will be back June 1st (day before my birthday :) ) Good times.

• 1 month later...

Archived