Wrestling in the Bournemouth area

Wise move to postpone it, that way tickets that have been sold can be used for the show on the 4th presumably, rather than cancelling and having to refund sold tickets.Be interesting to see how well ASW do for the Monday the 4th show as that is not far after the VPW one. I'm not sure what one I'd pick out of the 2 ASW shows - first one is close to the VPW show but near payday but the show on the 21st most likely gonna be skint by :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Results and what not as posted in All Star thread:All Star Wrestling - Monday 4th August @ Bournemouth Pier Theatre.MC - Letitia Referee - Frankie SloanResults:1) 'Brooklyn Brawler' Julio Torres (?) vs Xtreme Dean Allmark - winner2) Kid Cool vs Robbie Dynamite - winner (but he had his foot on the ropes)3) Mikey Whiplash vs Smackdown Warrior - winner(interval)4) James Mason vs Brody Steele - winner5) Bad Bones vs The Flatliner - winnerAn unusually small turn out for All Star but I'm sure local fans were spent up after VPWs show at the BIC just a few days ago. I expect most fans were holiday makers. My son and me had a good time last night, met the wrestlers at the end via backstage pass.The attendence was low which wasn't surprising considering the VPW show was just a few days ago. I'd estimate 75 people might have been less but the crowd got into it and the wrestlers were damn good at getting us involved which is no surprise when they are full time pros. Frankie Sloan was the ref and we discovered he wears ladies undies courtesy of the Flatliner pulling his trousers down lolThe show on Thursday 21st was announced at the end of the show.- How was the VPW show at the BIC?I presume it had a good attendence.

VPW show was very well attended and it had John Atkins as MC. Results were:1. Andy Boy Simmonz beat Jorge Castano- Fine work from Jorge getting the crowd riled up but Andy Boy seemed sloppy in some parts. Pinned with a powerslam.Angle 1. Atkins introduced Chris and Sam Andrews and Sam Andrews went heel on his older brother, setting up a match later on.2. UK Kid beat Jake McClusky- Great work by McClusky as the Jeff Hardy role and the UK Kid was on heelish form. Won with a top rope dropkick.3. Sam Andrews beat Chris Andrews- Fun match which some people in the audience (re: fat kid) couldn't get into. Sam was classic as a heel and spent the whole match working on Chris' leg. Yakuza kick was the winning move.Angle 2: Davari comes out and saids that Booker T forfit his match and Davari was the winner. Billy Gunn came out and said the queen asked him to come to kick Davari's arse. Main event set up.4. Robbie Everest beat Matt Vaughn- Vaughn got alot of sheep shagger abuse but this was another good match. RKO finisher.5. Billy Gunn beat Davari- highlights included watching the kids go crazy for Gunn and swarm all around him, while two teenagers kept bowing to Davari. Alot of comedy. The ring clearly breaking. But a nice little match. Gunn hit the fame asser as the win.Then we got to meet the guys afterwards. Nice people with Davari, Jake McClusky and Robbie Everest being incredibly nice. Gunn was a class act too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The opera house should be a good venue for the show. I wouldnt reccomend the God's seating to anybody though as I checked it out due to the cool name and you would be very very high above the ring as it is a fancy name for second circle.

best bets are the stalls as I dont think the floor is too big or like me I am tempted to go for the lower circle which is standing and lean and drink and yell abuse at the heels in traditional bournemouth fashion

Cheers for the venue info Simon. I'm looking forward to going to see more wrestling in Bournemouth and a different venue again :cool:

I've been there before for a rave when I first moved down here and like the style of the place, not so sure about Boscombe in general lol

Oh yeah looks like the show starts at 2:30pm ending at 5pm, handy if you use the buses like me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived