Wrestling in the Bournemouth area

my mum and dad just came back from bournemouth and brough me back a whats on guide and in there is a wresling company called VWE who are they soon. All it says in the book is "VWE BRING YOU TOP WRESTLING INC FORMER WWE WRESTLER BILLY GUNN"if anyone wants to know more just ask i ll dig it out and tell you where it is and shit like that. but i think people on here are looking for british wrestling and not the shit stuff with the odd former wrestler in it

I think that should be VPW - Varsity Pro Wrestling (see posts above by Adam Gard).

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VWE. Thats fantastic. You sure it says VWE?And its nice of you to presume its "shit stuff with a former wrestler in it."Show info:Wednesday 2nd: Pavilion Theatre, Westover Road, Bournemouth, BH1 2BUDoors open: 7PM - Show starts 7:30PMTickets:

apart from billy gunn, phil powers and the uk kid i ve never heard of the others. as its in bournemoth near the pier they are propaly aiming at hoilday makers unless you really want to sit through 2 hours of crap i wouldn't go

Powers, Kid and Jace The Ace are arguably amongst the top ten workers in the UK at the moment and have been for some time and Gunn is one biggish name US worker who hasn't been over-exposed in this country yet.

VWE. Thats fantastic. You sure it says VWE?And its nice of you to presume its "shit stuff with a former wrestler in it."Show info:Wednesday 2nd: Pavilion Theatre, Westover Road, Bournemouth, BH1 2BUDoors open: 7PM - Show starts 7:30PMTickets:

wow its good to see real wrestling coming back to bournemouth!!! as for the 3 shows, the one that stands out for me has to be vpw's. ive checked all the websites of the shows and tghey all have their own look but again vpw stands out,. it might be the impressive roster as apose to what looks like unpaid students on the other shows. will be great to see real wrestlers like billy gunn and other yanks an then top uk guys aswell klike phil powers jace ace uk kid. but ive gotta say an its only my opinion,. u look at the venues also, vpw are running in the bic's pavilion,. a very reptutable venue, an the others aere running in sports centres ect,. it kinda speaks for its self,. will be good to see REAL wrestlers who are trained pros and dont look like they belong in the audience!!! again its only my opinoin but compare the rosters on all 3 sites and make your own mind up on what you'd wanna pay your money to see? i want to get most for my money, i know where i wanna go with my kids!!!

http://www.bic.co.uk/Box_Office/Event_Details.asp?event=3575

btw dont everyone start bithcing about me just cos i wanna see decent wrestling like we see on real tv like sky,. than the wrestling channel students,. although siome twc stuff is good!! see ya at bic!!

not at all,. my chopice to go to the bic show is a mixture between many diff things,. wouold u not be worried if you looked on a roster and they all looked like mick foley? he was one of a kind!!! what i said was they all look like wrestlers!!! another reason is of course billy gunn former wwe guy! and when i look at there site,. and the fact they are running in a good sized venue like the bic pavilion,. and the guys on the roster are noteable,. im not saying cos ive neevr heard of half the others on the other sites that they are bad wrestlers,. but im looking at how to spend my money wisely!! i looked at lots of diff things and mix of venue, wrestlers the look of the posters around town! which are huge profesional looking posters for a change and not a4's printed off sum ones pc,.. its all a refreshing change that i maybe able to see a near wwe/tna quality show in this country rather than the crap ive seen loads of times b4,. most uk shows are a joke ive been to and they all have at least 2 shitty matches on with guys who are kids,. and thats every show not just one time. it will be good if the vpw guys can produce and provide the real thing!"!!!!! sue me for wanting the real deal!!!

Not at all, I hope you have a great evening.To emphasise, I have no issue nor axe to grind with VPW or indeed any other promotion; I'd love to see the UK wrestling scene as strong as it can be, with many great promotions putting on strong cards. I hope that all 3 promotions in Bournemouth have stellar shows and go from strength to strength.I can understand if you've seen some sub standard events before; I think we all have. The point is, I've seen many substandard matches on major promotions such as WWE, where guys covered for a lack of ability by being huge or having a "look." Substandard matches are by no means the exclusive preserve of young looking trainees, nor are five star classics what one should automatically expect from guys with decent gimmicks and large muscles.

Liverpool Victoria Friendly Society, a large mutual life assurance company. We're not the biggest in the area either, JP Morgan bank (next to Littledown where EPWE show is) employ more prob around 2500 and Sunseeker the boat makers I think employ more than them in Poole.

as apose to what looks like unpaid students on the other shows.

To be fair, LDN have only announced Majik, Phil Powers, Jon Ritchie and The Briscoes for their Poole show. Hardly unpaid students, really. I'm sure the same can be said for the Littledown show, although I'm unfamiliar with their product.Best of luck to all three!

Archived