Wrestling in the Bournemouth area

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

www.bigtimewrestlinguk.com - back up looks like they were hacked!

Calendar of dates still lists the Bournemouth show on Saturday 14th of March.

I've just emailed All Star via their site. I'll post on here once they reply so we know if it's still on or not.

I'm guessing the hackers hacked the Opera House site aswell.

After having a think, all I can presume for all star if it is indeed cancelled is one of 2 reasons....

1) I'm pretty sure as a night club that it is no matter what time and event over 18s poss 16s in the club these days....I think the MMA that goes on there runs under the same situation.....therefore it could be a booking cock up by all star with whoever books bournemouth shows (wouldnt be the first time either would it, if people remember the double booking day in the summer against VPW) and if you eliminate families and children then there is no point all star running a show

2) his name escapes me but the local millionaire tycoon who owns half the local clubs and bars who went bust, did have the opera house and this morning I heard a rumour that it has been shut till further notice rather than the administrators keep it open,

or all star have seen these issues and with it staying open dont want to risk not collecting there box office profits or something along these lines

all speculation anyway

His name is richard carr, and i also thought that the opera house was now being run by somebody else anyways, as its now the

''live music venue''

and there still holding events, as we are still selling there tickets at work.

i think the opera house, is a crap venue anyways, would have been shit for wrestling.

• 2 weeks later...

You were right Simon.

Update from www.bigtimewrestlinguk.com

the gremlins certainly got into the works regarding the scheduled Bournemouth date on Saturday March 14. It seems that everyone bar ourselves was aware that the event had been cancelled by the Boscombe Theatre managament. The only problem is that they failed to advise All Star or our booking agent. We have asked for an explanation from the theatre but as yet have had no response. We are still very keen to present wrestling in the Bournemouth area and are now looking at other options, said All Star Wrestling managing director Brian Dixon.

Bizarre that Brian Dixon and co never knew, strange that.

My son will be disappointed, the last show I took him to was All Star on the pier last August.

• 2 months later...

There's Come wrestling coming to Christchurch which is near Bournemouth, Info below:

Live Wrestling

Philip Poll

13th June 2009

Duration: 2 hours

Find More: Traditional, Sports, Comedy, Children

Great family entertainment. It's A Knockout! Grapple fans will be delighted to know that live wrestling is coming back to the Regent Who can forget the World of Sport wrestling heyday on ITV at 5.00pm every Saturday between 1955 - 1988. The whole country would come to a standstill to gather round the TV and listen to the velvet voiced Kent Walton describing the action. The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh, Queen Mother and Margaret Thatcher were all reputed to be fans. So it's two falls or one submission right here on stage at the Regent. "Easy, easy, easy!" Tickets

• 4 weeks later...

Archived