Wrestling in the Bournemouth area

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much distance is there between Poole and Bournemouth, in real terms? Are the two likely to interfere with one another to a great extent? Or do folks from Poole seldom go to Bournemouth, and vice versa?

Its pretty short bus or train journey. Good to see Bournemouth getting some wrestling back for the Summer Season though, it's held some pretty strong shows there in the past with Dixon and the Crabtrees promoting stacked cards throughout the Summer months.

Its is not good that EPWE and LDN will only be 8mile apart, but i looked into this as soon as this post went up 1st time and i am putting a lot of money into this.So it just will be a chance we both have to take.But there are 60-70 thousand people in that area if not more, we must be able to draw 1000 each at leastAnd it is middle summer too

It wasn't that long ago that the summer period was looked at as a bad time for drawing due to so many going away hence why promotions would look to the holiday camps for summer work.

if you draw 1000 each, PLEASE tell me the secret. :D

Beat me to it!

Well I've never heard of EPWE to be honest what can I expect?I really think it would be better if you put the show on another date you must have known about the LDN show in Poole presumably as you are on this forum?Just had a look at the website on your main roster page and don't see any wrestlers I have ever heard of. I don't know all the names on the LDN show mentioned so far but Phil Powers is on there which is enough to convince me where I'll be on the 19th of August :)I think the summer thing will do the a show a lot of favours to be honest when it not being held in a tourist location like the BIC for instance. The Littledown is no where near the see front.Anyway good luck to you all I'm glad to see there is more wrestling going on locally.

Yes i do check this forum and other about date, most of the time i look on 1stop site.But i started talking to and arranged the date on april 10th just after you posted and the was nothing up about LDN that i could see.I only put it up yesterday because the contract and receipt for the deposit came to me yesterday.We have (EPWE) only been going a year so far thats why you not heard of us, but i have been running show and helping run shows for 7+ years. We are 60+ miles away in Swindon, so this local to us.But just because i don't want to use sort of well known names dose that makes us wrong, I like to use more guys who have been around for sometime but not got any reconistion (don't know if the spellings right).Like Gideon-Stu Odyssey-Alex Steele-Dave Mercy-Jake Jeckel these guys have been around now for sometime.But I say good luck to us Both and anyone else who has a show on that day, This is the nature of this business.

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect LDN will outdraw EPWE, as Bmth fans love Phil Powers, and the Poole venue is much better and easier to get to (bus and train) compared to Littledown which is kind of out on a limb. Good luck to both shows, I'm gutted that having been waiting for wrestling to return to Bmth (save for the promising EGA) for over a year I'm on hols and cant get to either. (Though may get to VPW). Hope both are successe though. Rampage if you want me to put up some posters at work (my employer employs approx 2000 people) then pm me. I put some up for Rickys show at Littledown before.

my mum and dad just came back from bournemouth and brough me back a whats on guide and in there is a wresling company called VWE who are they soon. All it says in the book is "VWE BRING YOU TOP WRESTLING INC FORMER WWE WRESTLER BILLY GUNN"if anyone wants to know more just ask i ll dig it out and tell you where it is and shit like that. but i think people on here are looking for british wrestling and not the shit stuff with the odd former wrestler in it

Archived