Karl Atlas

Masked Emperor

Barry Cooper

Joel Redman

Wade Fitzgerald

Dan Head

Nick Riley

Andy Boy Simmonz

Also, Daily Echo reports the story the Barrington theatre in Ferndown has cancelled the next Fightstar show due to it being 'too violent' but the general manager is going to discuss it in the next commitee meeting. Seems pretty stupid.

The Fightstar/Barrington theatre dispute is sorted and Fightstar will be back later in the year.

For the Premier Promotions show tomorrow night will see Kris Kay vs. Jay Knox for the Southern Area Championship and the return of ......

KLONDYKE KATE!

All star attempted to run the pier once and cancelled but then I think they rescheduled but it was still right round VPW events and it didnt do very well. Then allstar were due to be at the 02 acadamey about a year ago and it got panned by the venue.

I suggest you have a go at local venue owners in bournemouth and then possibly brian dixon if you must blame a promoter

The Fightstar/Barrington theatre dispute is sorted and Fightstar will be back later in the year.

For the Premier Promotions show tomorrow night will see Kris Kay vs. Jay Knox for the Southern Area Championship and the return of ......

KLONDYKE KATE!

Tonight's card:

*PREMIER WRESTLING*

BOURNEMOUTH TUESDAY 24th AUGUST (Ocean Room, Pavilion)

James 'Jay Knox' Riley Knox v '20 Stone' Kris Kay ... Joel Redman v 'The Iron Hulk' Karl Atlas ... Josh ??? v 'Pretty Boy' Dan Walsh ... Klondyke Kate v Erin Angel

I'll be there, Mad Eli will also be in attendance! :thumbsup:

Who else is going?

Hope you had a good time Simon? I was in the same block as Mad Eli but at the back, we got there a bit late.

Fun show, enhanced by Klondyke Kate being booked. As my mate Gary said, "you can tell she's been doing for years, she knows how to wind up the crowd".

Shame the 2 underdogs Jay Knox and Erin Angel lost, especially with home-town lad Jay making his first appearance on a card in the town centre. Joel Redman seems to be Freemantle's favourite, understandably though, he's got the skills and a good look.

Results:

1) Dan Walsh lost to Josh Devonshire (light-heavyweight)

2) Kris Kay beat Jay Knox by KO, via piledriver. (catch-weight)

3) Klondyke Kate beat Erin angel by KO

3) Joel Redman beat Karl Atlas 2 falls to 1. (heavyweight)

(I may have some of that wrong, I didn't have a pen to hand and get distracted by the antics of Mad Eli and my son lol)

Very good turn-out.

I was fortunate to hang around at the end with my son and all the all oldies to get my copy of The Wrestling signed by Kate, a signed picture of her for my lad and meet some of the other wrestlers.

Last one of the season next Tuesday. Steve Grey vs Andy Simmonz announced plus a return tag bout from a previous week.

Following that, Sunday October 24, 3pm is when Premier will return to Bournemouth Pavillion.

Really enjoyed myself on tuesday was good to have the old gang all at one show to. Did I see you pop in the brass house about an hour after show duane, I didnt realise but i do know who you are as I have spoken to you before with John Amos, I will endevour to say hello next week if your there.

We were only in the block next to you as Mad ELi was just to my left. Matches were all enjoyable, I hadnt been to premier for a while as I found there shows to kid orientated and stall based but was impressed last night like I used to be with them a few years ago.

I have to ask as well Duane, was it your son who shouted out "dont take the lords name in vane" when a frustrated dan walsh said "oh my god" as that was classic!!

Last in the summer season tonight. Went there as a last minute decision, still good show. Good crowd, maybe not as large as some but very loud.

1. Johnny Kidd vs. Rich and Famous

Famous worked as a face which seemed stupid considering his name. Kidd was awesome. Lots of old school holds and counter holds. Kidd got the first win in round 2 with a schoolboy. Kidd then got the win in round 4 with a back slide. Afterwards both men praised the audience and each other.

Winner: Johnny Kidd 2-0

2. Barry Cooper vs. James Danmar

Danmar's debut in Bournemouth, and he was a fun heel. Cooper was on form as well, which was nice. Fair match with Danmar getting good heat. Cooper won the first fall in about 4 minutes with the trip and cradle. Danmar countered with a samoan crash, and then Cooper did a cradle and won the match. Alright match, probably the best i've seen from Cooper.

Winner: Barry Cooper 2-1

Intermission: Stuff for sale.

3. Steve Grey vs. Andy Simmonz

Billed as a grudge match. Simmonz came out and cut a brilliant heat building promo, Steve Grey looked pretty good but the people behind me kept calling him grandad. Great match with Simmonz being booed out the building. Simmonz used stallling and little tricks (like using his water bottle as a weapon). Simmonz got the first fall with a tombstone. Grey later countered a crossbody into a pin. The match heated up with turnbuckles gettting exposed and Simmonz feigning an injury. He then kicked Grey in the nuts and was disqualified. Flat finish but Simmonz was hated in Bournemouth.

Winner: Steve Grey by DQ

4. Karl Atlas and Masked Emperor vs. Joel Redman and Nick Riley

Not a match I expected to see in terms of style. High flying and fast paced. No rounds. Redman and Riley used a lot of double team moves. Atlas and Emperor recovered slightly from the intial onslaught and scored the first fall with a big splash. Redman and Riley scored the second fall in short order with Riley hitting a samoan crash, Redman a top rope knee drop and Riley with a springboard Spiral tap. It then went mental with Riley being worked overed. He made a hot tag and then hit a tope on Atlas to keep him out of the finish. Emperor caught Redman from the crossbody but Riley hit a top rope dropkick into the pin. The crowd went mental for that. Brilliant match.

Good way to end the season. Next show is an afternoon show (start time 3pm) on October 24 and advertised with Kris Kay, Flash Baker, Zack Sabre Jr and Jonny Storm.

Archived