Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Guest Josh Jenkins

General question: Everybody on the ROH message board goes CRAZY over Kevin Steen. I've only seen him in one match and he didn't do anything too special. What's the fuss about him?

• Paid Members

I wouldn't take anything said on the ROH board seriously, they are a bunch of dickheads on there. Rearding Steen, hes awesome because he can do the high impact spot-based style of many indy wrestlers but actually has tons of personality and charisma to go with it. He can play a brilliant comedy role or a spectacular prick heel.

I miss fatboy comedy Steen. That's the best Steen.Soooooo glad that Necro is back in ROH. If fucking M-Dogg 20 and Rukkus get spots, he certainly deserves one. Is Lacey still with Jacobs? She really doesn't fit their new gimmick.I've only seen Tyler Black about twice, is he any cop?

• Awards Moderator

The Age of the Fall debut sounded very very cool indeed.ROH does seem to be getting a little inundated with factions, though. Hope it's going somewhere as it seems a little random to suddenly have everyone affiliated with a group.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Necro returning opens some very interesting match ups. It seemed like they were building a Necro vs Jack Evans match. That could seriously rock as Jack fires away with his feather like offence and gets chinned. Necro vs Morishima could be fantastic. Has Necro vs Danielson been done? It seems familiar but maybe I made it up. Mind you, with Dragon's dodgy eye a flurry of punches might nit be great for him.There do seem like a lot of factions around now. There always has been though. I'm sure that Generation Next, The Embassy, The Second City Saints and the Rottweilers were all around at the same time. I might be wrong but some form of Special K were around at the same time although they might have disbanded by then. I think the problem is that the new factions haven't quite developed their own identities yet and so it seems a bit rushed. Maybe I'll change my mind when I finally catch up with the shows but Gen Next and co all seemed to have a defined character that everyone understood.

Necro returning opens some very interesting match ups. It seemed like they were building a Necro vs Jack Evans match. That could seriously rock as Jack fires away with his feather like offence and gets chinned. Necro vs Morishima could be fantastic. Has Necro vs Danielson been done? It seems familiar but maybe I made it up. Mind you, with Dragon's dodgy eye a flurry of punches might nit be great for him.There do seem like a lot of factions around now. There always has been though. I'm sure that Generation Next, The Embassy, The Second City Saints and the Rottweilers were all around at the same time. I might be wrong but some form of Special K were around at the same time although they might have disbanded by then. I think the problem is that the new factions haven't quite developed their own identities yet and so it seems a bit rushed. Maybe I'll change my mind when I finally catch up with the shows but Gen Next and co all seemed to have a defined character that everyone understood.

Necro vs Danielson has happend at a rrecent PWG showwhlst im here can some one tell me every show Majafuji,Kenta and Morishima has appeared at for roh and who against if possible

They have said that the 161 angle wont be on the PPV. It sounds awesome , people on DVDVR who went said people reacted as if someone had been killed right there. Jacobs should be great at the cult leader type and Necro is awesome full stop. I really hope they add more numbers to the group. Its ironic that in a promotion that is all about workrate the sports entertainment style stuff is the best thing about it. Project161 , Larry Sweeney , the Toland/Dempsey deal , Jimmy loves Lacey and even looking back at Nana and Embassy. ROH does good sports entertainment!

Its ironic that in a promotion that is all about workrate the sports entertainment style stuff is the best thing about it. Project161 , Larry Sweeney , the Toland/Dempsey deal , Jimmy loves Lacey and even looking back at Nana and Embassy. ROH does good sports entertainment!

I don't really think its ROH doing Sports Entertainment. Its just doing angles and stories (Jimmy/Lacey aside). Thats what wrestlings about.

Its ironic that in a promotion that is all about workrate the sports entertainment style stuff is the best thing about it. Project161 , Larry Sweeney , the Toland/Dempsey deal , Jimmy loves Lacey and even looking back at Nana and Embassy. ROH does good sports entertainment!

I don't really think its ROH doing Sports Entertainment. Its just doing angles and stories (Jimmy/Lacey aside). Thats what wrestlings about.
Well really their the same thing arent they? I mean the hanging thing sounds like something Vince would love to do if he thought he could get away with it. Sweet & sour Inc are a classic old school stable. Maybe sports entertainment was the wrong phrase but i love the fact that this promotion that so many think is just about workrate is becoming so good at introducing characters and having long running storylines.