Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

For anyone who likes to see ROH succeed, check out this link. From what I can tell, a company interested in producing a TV show has produced a mini-documentary on ROH that can be seen at this link. There is also some kind of petition but I think you have to sign up. The video is awesome though:

ROH Mini-Documentary

Edited by chunk3rvd

• Paid Members

Nigel McGuinness is out with his arm injury, but they're letting him keep the belt without defending it until Final Battle weekend at the end of December. Gabe says...

I just got off the phone with Nigel McGuinness and there is good and bad news. The bad news is that Nigel has a torn left bicep. The good news is the doctors think with some rest that he will not need surgery and that it will heal by

What peoples thoughts bout the ROH cards bout 2 take place over the weekend?

Philadelphia, PA- ''Glory By Honor VI Night 1'' November 2nd

Friday, November 02, 2007

The Main Event

GHC Heavyweight Champion Mitsuharu Misawa & KENTA vs. Takeshi Morishima & Naomichi Marufuji

ROH World Tag Team Title Match

Jay & Mark Briscoe defends vs. Roderick Strong & Rocky Romero

Deciding Match In Best Of Three Series

Bryan Danielson vs. Austin Aries

Tag Team Scramble

Jack Evans, Ruckus & Jigsaw with Julius Smokes vs. Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black & The Necro Butcher with Lacey

Special Attraction Match

Delirious vs. Davey Richards

Grudge Tag Team Match

Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Brent Albright & BJ Whitmer with Shane Hagadorn

Top Of The Class Trophy Match

Mitch Franklin defends vs. Ernie Osiris

Plus more to be signed with: ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness; Claudio Castagnoli; Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney, SHIMMER Champion Sara Del Rey & Bobby Dempsey; Daizee Haze and others!!!

New York, NY- ''Glory By Honor VI Night 2'' November 3rd

Saturday, November 03, 2007

GHC Heavyweight Title Match

Mitsuharu Misawa defends vs. KENTA

Special Challenge Match

Bryan Danielson vs. Takeshi Morishima

Grudge Match (Tag Titles Will Be On The Line If Briscoes Retain In Philly)

Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. two of Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black and The Necro Butcher with Lacey

Special Attraction Match

Jack Evans, Ruckus & Jigsaw with Julius Smokes vs. Roderick Strong, Davey Richards & Rocky Romero

ROH vs. NOAH

Claudio Castagnoli vs. Naomichi Marufuji

Race To The Top Rematch

El Generico vs. Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney, SHIMMER Champion Sara Del Rey & Bobby Dempsey

Plus more to be signed with: ROH World Champion Nigel McGuinness; Austin Aries; Brent Albright & BJ Whitmer with Shane Hagadorn; Kevin Steen; Delirious; Daizee Haze plus others!!!

Edited by TwiZtiDk1D

• Paid Members

Firstly, this is an actual quote taken from today on the ROH messgaeboard:

gabe, my man-crush on you continues to grow!

You gotta be shittin' me. Anyway, back to the matter at hand. The GBH card looks quite, in spite of the complete rick made in booking Misawa. I accept that Gabe's hands might have been tied on this one, but seeing two NOAH exhibition matches doesn't really do a lot for me. Fortunartly there's enough on the cards to make up for. CC vs Marifuchi may well be the match of the weekend, Vulture Squad vs Age of Fall should be good, and the bonus match of Danielson vs Morishima is a nice addition. On the negative side, Danielson and Aries have already met far too many times in ROH, the last thing they needed was a three match series. It should also be noted that this weekend will be Kevin Steen's last weekend in ROH for a while, as I was reading somewhere (possibly PWG message board?) that he's taking some time off from wrestling due to injuries and/or the fact that his wife is having a baby in early 2008. Also announced today, there's going to be a Trios Tourney 2007. Great. So we still don't get another RRC (presumably because it wasn't Gabe's idea?), but the Trios Tournament, which should have been allowed to peacefully die after Tag Wars 2K6, is once again flooged back into some resemblance of life. I seem to remember the whole genisis of the TT in 2005 being "let's have a Trios Tourney, it'll be great." Ironically enough with all the factions they have in ROH at the moment, they do have a semblance of justification for this one. Other thoughts: is this the first year in terms of booking quality that ROH hasn't made progress? 2004 was better than 2003, 05 better than 04, and so on, but I'm not sure 2007 has topped 2006 in terms of storylines and matches. Indded, most will argue that ROH has made huge strides this year - PPV/ Japan etc. But I'm not so sure.

It does seem odd that Misawa has presumably demanded two NOAH exhibition matches, although he could be trying to get ROH's faithful to bump up the NOAH ratings on that Fight Network (but isn't that just Canada?) It would have been cool seeing the NOAH guys take on ROH guys, but those cards look decent too.Talking of ROH's messageboard, Gabe admitted a love for rather excellent metal band Neurosis a while back. Cue two hundred responses along the line of "well, I've never heard them, but if you like them they must be amazing". Re: Danielson and Aries, it could be to reintroduce Aries to ROH, giving him three matches with their top guy. Gets the TNA stigma off him (I'm guessing here) and puts him back at the top of the tree. He could be ideal to feud with Sweet and Sour Inc. for a bit, I don't know. Just good to have him back.

• Paid Members

It does seem odd that Misawa has presumably demanded two NOAH exhibition matches, although he could be trying to get ROH's faithful to bump up the NOAH ratings on that Fight Network (but isn't that just Canada?) It would have been cool seeing the NOAH guys take on ROH guys, but those cards look decent too.Talking of ROH's messageboard, Gabe admitted a love for rather excellent metal band Neurosis a while back. Cue two hundred responses along the line of "well, I've never heard them, but if you like them they must be amazing". Re: Danielson and Aries, it could be to reintroduce Aries to ROH, giving him three matches with their top guy. Gets the TNA stigma off him (I'm guessing here) and puts him back at the top of the tree. He could be ideal to feud with Sweet and Sour Inc. for a bit, I don't know. Just good to have him back.

Hmmm, could be. I'm not sure Aries has the "stench of TNA" on him, but a program with Hero would be well worth watching. Indeed, the GBH cards are looking good, and I havn't thought that too often so far as ROH has been concerned in the past 6 months. Be interesting to see if old man Misawa phones it in or not.

I love Misawa's 90s stuff so much that I'm a bit conflicted about seeing him here. I want him to do well but he's old and tired and not the guy he was. Danielson can work well with pretty much anyone, so it'd have been great to see both of them go at it, but we take what we can get. I've always had a sneaky love for Hero, even when he was attracting mockery for his long dull matches with CM Punk and others. Fantastic heel too.

Guest Josh Jenkins

I'd definitely love to see Aries work with Hero. I enjoyed the Aries/Strong vs. Kings of Wrestling feud.I think the GBH cards do look pretty, about as good as it can get with the current roster. However, I still disagree with Misawa facing NOAH guys. It was probably his decision though so it's understandable in that case.

• Paid Members

I think the whole point of the NOAH vs. NOAH matches was 2 give the feel of a "Budokan main even match"!

Translation : Gabe trying to make the best of a bad job. I think some of Hero's early stuff was pretty good. The Tables and Ladders match still holds up. The main problem Hero had back then ws that he was about 2 stone overweight as I recall.