Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

There's now a 25% off anything offer on, it only lasts till 10am tomorrow US time though, my girlfriend just got me an RoH hoodie for xmas :)

Bless. :thumbsup: I have no girlfriend, so may buy myself an ROH hoodie!

• Paid Members

Dedicated Review- 26/1/07

What a dreadful show name. It means nothing to anyone. Who

I've not got the patience to write a full review of the 6 fifth year festival shows so here are some of my thoughts:- Davey Richards is awesome, I was quite suprised when reviewing my favourite matches from the 5YF how many of them he was in. He's a great young talent and having seen some of his stuff from later this year he's got a massive future ahead of him.- Delirious~! The man's great, always has been. For me he's one of the most constantly enjoyable wrestlers working in RoH.- I really HATE Jimmy Rave and don't care in the slightest about his matches no matter who he's facing and I'm glad he's gone. When he main event the first show in the festival against Homicide it brought the show to an end with such an anti climax. Should never have been on after Joe/Morishima.- Speaking of Morishima, I don't get it, I'm not really a fan. I've seen a lot of his defences from later in 2007 as my viewing of RoH this year has been in two phases thanks to whats been available on XWT (I catching up on inbetween late 06 and mid/late 07 now) and I just can't get into his matches.- Tag team wrestling in RoH is fantastic. Most of my favourite matches from RoH from 05 to the present have been tag team matches. The Briscoes, Shingo/Doi, Aries/Strong and now Strong/Richards (the powerbomb/lung blower combo they did on Shingo was awesome) are all excellent teams who have had several match of the night matches and I never tire of watching tag matches in RoH.- I'm not too disappointed Joe's gone. The only match of his on the tour I particularly enjoyed was the one with Davey Richards. On the whole I've found Joe a bit stale and boring recently and far prefer watching other people like Hero, Aries, Strong, Castagnoli and so on.- I starting to really like Pelle Primeau, he's got a good under dog gimmick going on, the crowd like him, he's a decent little worker and he can take a lot of punishment. I even popped for him when he beat Whitmer in RTTT and I like Whitmer.- Jimmy Jacobs' emo gimmick is great, he's a great little heel, from what I've read he still is although I've yet to see any Age of the Fall stuff yet. The feud of Lacey & Jimmy vs Whitmer & Cabana yielded quite a few entertaining contests and provided something different on the shows.My favourite matches over the 6 shows are as follows:- Jay Briscoe vs. Mark Briscoe (RoH 5YF - Finale)- The Briscoes vs. Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal (RoH 5YF - Chicago)- The Briscoes vs. Shingo & Naruki Doi (RoH 5YF - Liverpool)- Shingo & Naruki Doi vs. No Remorse Corps (RoH 5YF - Finale)- Samoa Joe vs. Davey Richards (RoH 5YF - Dayton)- Pelle Primeau vs. Roderick Strong vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Shingo vs. Matt Cross vs. Mark Bricose (RoH 5YF - Dayton)On the whole there weren't any matches that I particularly didn't like, I just can't stand Jimmy Rave and I find Sydal a bit dull. A good series of shows, perhaps not up to the standards of old but some exceptional matches on there never the less.Some other recent favourite matches of mine from other shows I've watched recently have been:- Chris Hero vs. Nigel McGuiness vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Mike Quackenbush (RoH A Fight at the Roxbury)- Kenta vs. Delirious (RoH Reborn Again)- Naomichi Marufuji vs. Matt Sydal (RoH Reborn Again)- The Briscoes vs. Kings of Wrestling (RoH Domination 2/3 Falls & RoH Final Battle 06)- Austin Aries vs. James Gibson (RoH The Final Showdown)- Austin Aries vs. Spanky (RoH New Frontiers)- Austin Aries vs. CM Punk (RoH Death Before Dishonor 3)- Austin Aries vs. James Gibson vs. Samoa Joe vs. Homicide (RoH Sign of Dishonor)- Austin Aries, Roderick Strong & Delirious vs. Blood Generation (RoH Final Battle 06)- Austin Aries & Roderick Strong vs. Briscoe Brothers (RoH Ring of Homicide)- James Gibson vs. Samoa Joe (RoH New Frontiers)- Bryan Danielson vs. Homicide (RoH Final Battle 06)- Bryan Danielson vs. Delirious (RoH Ring of Homicide)- Bryan Danielson, Cima & Naomichi Marufuji vs. No Remorse Corps (RoH in Osaka)- El Generico vs. Davey Richards (RoH Race to the Top)- El Generico vs. Claudio Castagnoli (RoH Race to the Top)As you can probably tell I've been playing catch up quite a lot as I'd not watched anything for a good couple of years so there's a fair mix of matches from 2005 to 2007 there. I think the show's as a whole were better in 2005 when Aries was champion and then Punk but I have enjoyed the shows from this year. The fifth year festival was good, Domination was good, Reborn Again was very good and a Fight at the Roxbury was quite strong. I've got quite a few more to watch from this year lined up, finding the time to watch them might be tricky though!

Edited by Pete Scott

Sorry to post twice in a row but it's a seperate subject. Just read on RoH's website on the trios tourney:

The six teams in the tourney are:-ROH World Tag Team Champions Jay & Mark Briscoe & TBA in the next ROH Video Wire-The Vulture Squad of Jack Evans, Ruckus & Jigsaw-No Remorse Corps of Roderick Strong, Davey Richards & Rocky Romero-The Age Of The Fall of Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black & The Necro Butcher with Lacey-The Hangmen 3 of Adam Pearce, Brent Albright, & BJ Whitmer-Sweet & Sour Inc. of Chris Hero, Tank Toland & Bobby Dempsey with Larry Sweeney & Sara Del Rey

Who do you think will be the partner? I'd guess Austin Aries unless he's still away with Dragon Gate as recently he said he'd be focusing all his attentions on regaining the RoH World Title, even disbanding the Resilience to do so (a move I thought was pretty strange considering the stipulations attached to the tournament).

November 13th: Bryan Danielson has been in a fighting mood lately. He wants to prepare for his next battle against Takeshi Morishima by taking on one of ROH's toughest brawlers. The Necro Butcher has stepped up to the plate. 11/30 in Dayton will see Bryan Danielson vs. The Necro Butcher with relaxed rules. This will be a fight.

Oh My, if there PWG match was anything to go by(which was one of the most realistic matches I've seen in a while) this should be great.

• Paid Members

Battle of the Icons Review - 27/1/07

Nigel McGuinness vs. Jimmy Rave - No DQ

Edited by Dearly Devoted Dexter

Homicide vs. Samoa Joe - hmmm. Ok, I guess, which tells you all you need to know about these guys form as of later. Responsible for some belting matches in 03/04, the two

Guest Josh Jenkins

Quick question for anyone who may have seen these shows - which one's better, Live In Tokyo, or Caged Rage?(if nobody here's seen them, does anyone know of a site that might have reviewed them?)

I can recommend Caged Rage, haven't seen Live in Tokyo though.