Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Guest Josh Jenkins

ROH Newswire spoils GBH Night 1:

The winner of Danielson vs. Aries is meant to be facing Morishima. The latest newswire now advertises Morishima vs. Danielson for night 2, so it looks like Danielson is winning the Best of 3 Series.

Edited by Josh Jenkins

• Paid Members

I think they might add a Dragon Gate Trio to the list!

I hope so. They havn't booked any Dragon Gate guys for a while, do they still have a working relationship with them?

• Paid Members

The winner of Danielson vs. Aries is meant to be facing Morishima. The latest newswire now advertises Morishima vs. Danielson for night 2, so it looks like Danielson is winning the Best of 3 Series.

That's wrong. It was supposed to be the winner of Danielson vs Aries on night 1 gets a title shot on night 2, with the loser facing Morishima. With Nigel out, the title shot isn't happening, so they've booked Danielson vs Morishima in a Grudge match instead. Having been at the last NYC match between the two, I expect that to be quite the match.

I'd have thought there'd be a Dragon Gate team in the trios tournament. Glory by Honor weekend is shaping up well, it's a shame Nigel's missing though. The NOAH exhibition's should be good as should Aries/Danielson and Danielson/Morishima.

Guest Josh Jenkins

That's wrong. It was supposed to be the winner of Danielson vs Aries on night 1 gets a title shot on night 2, with the loser facing Morishima. With Nigel out, the title shot isn't happening, so they've booked Danielson vs Morishima in a Grudge match instead. Having been at the last NYC match between the two, I expect that to be quite the match.
Ahh right, thanks for clearing that up. Yeah, it should be a cracker.Any idea what will happen with Aries on night 2 now?

• Paid Members

Ahh right, thanks for clearing that up. Yeah, it should be a cracker.Any idea what will happen with Aries on night 2 now?
It appears Aries role on night 2 will be depending on what happens tonight, as he doesn't have a confirmed match signed and night 1 is due to start in the next hour, I think.

• Paid Members

Glory By Honor 6 Night One ResultsSPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
Preshow1) Alex Payne defeats Kyle Durdin with a fisherman suplex.2) Shane Hagadorn defeats Rhett Titus holding the ropes on a sunset flip reversal. Botchy but OK.Main Show1) Kevin Steen & El Generico defeats Brent Albright & BJ Whitmer with a Swanton Bomb on Whitmer. Hangm3n attack afterwards.2) Claudio Castagnoli defeats Hallowicked with a European Uppercut in a good match. Crowd was on fire. Larry Sweeney offers to buy out Claudio's contract, but he refuses.3) Davey Richards defeats Delirious via submission. Great match.4) Jay & Mark Briscoe defeat Roderick Strong & Rocky Romero to retain with a springboard doomsday on Roderick. The Age Of The Fall attack The Briscoes afterwards.5) The Age of the Fall defeat The Vulture Squad in a great fast paced match that had the crowd on their feet with Jacobs locking Jigsaw in the guillotine choke.~After the match the Briscoes, NRC, Delirious, Hangmen3, Steen & Generico, and Daizee Haze hit the ring for a massive brawl with a ton of dives that brought the house down.~INTERMISSION~6) ??7) Austin Aries defeats Bryan Danielson to win the best of 3 #1 contenders series with a 450.~Chris Hero comes out and demands his title shot RIGHT NOW after winning Survival of the Fittest. 8) Nigel McGuinness defeats Chris Hero to retain the gold. Hero won the match, but Nigel had his foot on the ropes and it was restarted.9) GHC Heavyweight Champion Mitsuharu Misawa & KENTA vs. Takeshi Morishima & Naomichi Marufuji ended in a 30 minute time limit draw.

• Paid Members

Isn't Nigel injured?

Thats what we were all lead to believe. Apparently the fans shit all over the finish of the main event. Quite right too.

Guest Josh Jenkins

Way to build up probably the best heel the company currently employs. I just hope it wasn't clean, as it's going to be a tough sell if they want to keep Hero at the top after a result like that.

Yeah, how dare they make the World Champion go over a heel. :rolleyes:

Way to build up probably the best heel the company currently employs. I just hope it wasn't clean, as it's going to be a tough sell if they want to keep Hero at the top after a result like that.

Yeah, how dare they make the World Champion go over a heel. :rolleyes:
McGuinness has one working arm at the moment. For him to go over anyone remotely cleanly, especially one of the very few guys on the roster who seems able to generate real heel heat, seems foolish. Why do you think it's a good idea for them to have a fella with one working arm defend his title in competitive matches, after Gabe's already told the world he'll be out til Christmas?This is based on it being a competitive match, like Lee said best to reserve final judgement til I've actually seen it. Edited by Famous Mortimer