Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

The show sounds good but the result of the main event is very odd and makes Hero look really weak and spoils a lot of the heat he's built up for himself. It would've made a lot more sense for either Gabe to have stuck to his word and not used Nigel until he was better or have Hero win cheaply (by defeating an injured champion) further building his heat and setting up a big rematch upon Nigel's return.

• Paid Members

Glory by Honor Six Night 2 ResultsSPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
Results1) Chris Hero defeats El Generico in a good opener.2) BJ Whitmer & Brent Albright defeat Kevin Steen & Delirious when BJ hit an exploder on Steen on a steel chair.3) Austin Aries defeats Shane Hagadorn.~After the match, Aries gets on the mic and announces he is disbanding the Resilience to focus on winning the ROH World Championship.~Austin Aries will challenge Nigel McGuinness for the ROH World Championship at the next PPV taping in New York. 4) Claudio Castagnoli defeats Naomichi Marufuji. 5) The Age of the Fall vs The Briscoes goes about one minute, double DQ.6) Tyler Black defeats Alex Payne. ~After the match The Briscoes run off Black and say they will defend the titles later tonight in a street fight.7) Takeshi Morishima defeats Bryan Danielson by DQ when Danielson repeatedly curbstomps Morishima's NUTS.~After the match Nigel comes out and gets kicked in the arm. Place goes crazy for Dragon.8) The No Remorse Corp defeat The Vulture Squad when Evans taps to a SICK Roderick Strong Boston Crab.~Larry Sweeney and Chris Hero came to the ring and announced that at the 12/29 PPV taping it would be Hero vs. Castagnoli. Sweeney said that it would if Castagnoli didn't win, he would be forced to leave Ring of Honor. Hero said earlier it was all fun and games but he's not happy because he should be the ROH champion because last night he made Nigel McGuinness tap out. He said ROH isn't fair because not only is he not champion but he's not even the top contender. He started beating on Bobby Dempsey out of frustration. The crowd chanted for Bobby so Hero kept beating him. Hero said that Austin Aries is supposedly the top contender, but he used to be a big deal in 2005. Compared to Hero, Aries is nothing and was the worst ROH champion of all time. Aries came out and said that Hero may have made Nigel tap out last night, but he was ROH champion. He said he earned his shot at the ROH title and he didn't have a real match tonight, so he challenges him. Larry Sweeney steps in and says if Hero wins, he gets Aries' title shot. Aries said he knew that was coming, so when he beats Hero, Sweeney has to agree to face Claudio Castagnoli at Final Battle on 12/30. The match starts.9) Austin Aries defeats Chris Hero via submission.10) Mitsuharu Misawa defeats KENTA to retain the GHC Championship with an Emerald Frosion in what was described as an awesome, awesome match. 11) Jay & Mark Briscoe defeat The Age Of The Fall to successfully retain the ROH World Tag Team Championships as we end Glory By Honor weekend.

That show sounds great, much better than night 1.SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
Hero/Aries is a dream match of mine so I can't wait to see that, shame Hero lost, AGAIN, though. Briscoes/Age of the Fall should be awesome as well.

• Paid Members

Nicolas Cage is backstage at the Ring of Honor event in New York City, researching his lead role for upcoming independent feature film "The Wrestler."

Bizarre!!The show itself looks like a good 'un. It's been a strange year for ROH. They've put on some outstanding shows and matches, but havn't been as consistently good as they have in previous years. That said, for me they're by far and away the most watchable wrestling promotion in the States, and the only one I make a consistent effort to follow/ watch. Dreadful fans though - the logical outcome of the internet's influence on wrestling

• Paid Members

From the Nov 5th Newswire:

Add The Hangmen Three of Adam Pearce, Brent Albright & BJ Whitmer to "Trios Tournament 2008" in Chicago on 12/1. There will be six trios. They will compete in three 1st round six man matches. The three winning teams will then advance to a Three-Way Tag Team Scramble to determine the winners. There has never been a match like this in ROH history!!! Each member of the victorious team will get the rights to book themselves in any match they want.

• Paid Members

was about to post that there ohwell never mind hope no remorse win it personally

I get the feeling the Colourless Muscle Boys (aka Hangman 3) will win it. Still, the rejigged format looks interesting. I always been a huge critic of the Trios Tourney, based on its crappy conception etc, but wouldn't mind seeing it in this format on a regular basis. Edited by Dearly Devoted Dexter

• Paid Members

how the fuck is adam pearce colorless?i reckon aotf will win it just to put them over more

Pearce is terrible! I love the way his wikipedia entry proclaims he is "one of the most hated wrestlers on the independent circuit." My ass. I had high hopes for him when he came to ROH, as I really enjoyed his feud in PWG with Frankie Kazarian. But he just bores the arse off me with his "look at me! I'm an old school heel. You know, like in Memphis" schtick. That said, he can probably cut a better promo than either Whitmer and Albright - but then so could my Mum I suspect Edited by Dearly Devoted Dexter

• Paid Members

Review - Final Battle 2006 - 23/12/06

El Generico vs. Davey Richards vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Jimmy Rave - this 4CS got off to a slow start, but picked up considerably towards the end. Some great exchanges between Generico and Richards towards the end. The finish is well thought out too - cowardly heel Jimmy Rave hangs around on the outside for an age before nipping in and stealing the victory with the Heel Hook on Generico. Afterwards McGuiness runs in and there

I also really enjoyed Final Battle 06 when I watched it the other day. KOW/Briscoes was excellent, the 6 man was really great and the main event was awesome with great heat. One of the best RoH shows I've watched recently. I also agree with your point about Rave, I don't like him, I don't think he has it and I'm glad he's gone from RoH. I watched the first night of the fifth year festival the other day and putting Rave/Homicide on after Joe/Morishima was a big mistake as the crowd just went dead, Rave should never main event a show, ever.

Edited by Pete Scott

I've been trying to get through the FYF just lately. I'm up to Dayton but there's been very little to really excite me so far. Mind you, I heard a heckle that reminded me why people hate ROH fans. During the Tank Toland vs Mitch Franklin squash..."Do a transition move!"Words can't express how stupid that is.

Edited by didcotfc