Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

I know he's the only person named in the tournament so far, but I'm predicting Michael Elgin for the winner of the tournament. I like Elgin. He's different. Something about his barrel physique and that silly little haircut. Reminds me of a mix between Dr Death and my man PCO. Let Matt Hardy get to the final, tease him winning it and then put Elgin over. He needs a better singlet, though.

I quite enjoy Ring of Honor's iPPVs when they are viewable to the public. Sure, that's pretty much only because of Kevin Steen and Scarlett Bordeaux. The TV show is a mish mash of boredom, though. You must avoid that TV show like the plague. It reminds me of something you'd see on Men and Motors at 2 in the morning in the late 90s. Their production values are pedestrian.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

He's a really great man as well. He has a shoot interview with Steen out, where its just them in a hotel room talking about things. Its really funny.

We learn, Elgin's mother was a pro arm wrestler and (according to her, which he admits is suspect) if she never had little Michael, she'd have been in the movie Over The Top. Something she remains semi-bitter about which is hilarious.

- New reports state that WWE has at least "some interest" in signing Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards to developmental contracts. Both talents' contracts with Ring of Honor are up on August 1st and the company is mulling over the possibility of snapping them up, as Sean Waltman has recommended both of them to WWE officials.

2poyw6u.gif

I just don't see this personally.

• Paid Members

If X-Pac recommended them, they are signed as far as I'm concerned. They hire everyone X-Pac recommends. Even Generico who they never had any interest in ever until X-Pac worked with him a lot on the indys. I always thought it was inevitable both of them would go to WWE at some point. They are both athletic and are in good shape, so thats the base for a developmental wrestler. They dont look at storytelling and stupid moves. They can sort all that out in developmental. You wont see double foot stomps and no selling in WWE. I think both might be awesome if they learn some psychology. People wax lyrical about Dean Ambrose, but until he got to FCW he wasn't anything special. His best work came when he was signed, so maybe Richards and Edwards will turn out good after Norman Smiley and X-Pac sorts them out.

I think there's going to be a lot of names signed up in the next few months with this new developmental system. This reminds me of 2001, when there was only one promotion who could snap up the names. ROH's roster might be fucked by the end of the year. Mike Bennett's probably leaving. I like they'll definitely take Elgin as well.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

In

(the interview starts after the 31-minute mark) Davey Richards said that he and Eddie Edwards are currently in talks with both TNA and WWE. So, if WWE decide to pass on them they might end up in TNA. Edited by pgi86

We all know he'll be permanently in the doghouse like Punk too. He'll get given a really long title reign and matches against The Rock at one of the big four and even a match against The Undertaker at WrestleMania as punishment for being an actual wrestler instead of an entertainer. Bloody Vince.