Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members
Whats this about Aries?

He's basically been giving interviews - such as one to Power Slam last month - criticizing the promotion.

"You've recently been critical of Ring of Honor, which was your home court, so to speak, for many years. You even referred to it as "Smoky Mountain Of Honor"."

"Let's just say that once the people that originally had the vision and the passion for that company left, things kind of started to slowly change. I think the vision and the energy that was originally there, through the different transfers of power, it's not what it once was."

ROH was on a roll going into Best In The World 2011, Then Sinclair brought the company and there was hardly any shows.

That's pretty much when I lost interest. I actually ordered Best in the World because I was quite interested in seeing Richards FINALLY win their title even though they should have pulled the trigger on him long before. The match itself was good but incredibly overblown. I carried on following the results, but since they'd waited too long to make Richards champion, I'd already seen him wrestle most of his likely challengers, again in lengthy and somewhat overblown matches, and then he and Edwards had their rematch at Final Battle which I read was longer and from the clips even more overblown and in places fucking stupid. I've lost all interest, and they've not created any new stars I'm that interested in watching. Once they closed the old forum it made it real easy to not bother following it. A whole load of the DVDs I bought are still in cellophane, and I have difficulty motivating myself to watch them. They had their day, but it just feels like I've moved on, and a couple of my other mates who were fans feel the same.

• Paid Members

As I've said a couple of other times in the thread, I haven't seen any ROH of note since BITW 2011 either. The sad thing is the longer it goes, the less I miss it - helped a lot by the scene over here having more to offer right now than in the ten years I've been going to live shows. DGUSA, EVOLVE and PWG provide enough goodness to fill in any other wrestling time I find free after I keep up with WWE. There's just no room for ROH in my wrestling landscape any more.

• Paid Members
To be fair i don't think the booking problems were all down to Cornette, Sinclair fucked it up.

Its not his fault business is down, but it is his fault that the old fan base has been ran off. The fans aren't asking for them to be in 3000 seat buildings. They just want a product without the Headbangers and Matt Hardy on it. He got rid of El Generico, he got rid of Colt Cabana, he started pretending ROH was an MMA fed, he put a crack down on imports and a lot of wrestlers wont work for him because of things he's supposedly said. ROH has always been incredibly small. But at least they were interesting at one point.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• 3 weeks later...

There was an offer on ROHwrestling.com the weekend before last and I ordered a few DVDs from there for the first time in 4 or 5 years.

I used to buy from there regularly up until I stopped following the product after the 2006 ROH vs CZW feud and back then DVDs would usually take 3 or more weeks to arrive.

So I was surprised to find these ones arrive just 7 working days after ordering. Good to know. :thumbsup:

Edited by dopper

Final Battle Main Event Ladder War

cOiVl.jpg

ROH Booker in ''knowing what his audience wants to see'' shocker

This should be excellent! I'm considering getting the iPPV but worried the seemingly endless issues ROH have had with their last few shows is putting me off :(

I rarely watch ROH, every couple of months they'll come up with a match that interests me and Steen vs Generico in a ladder match should be great. Hopefully this will be the start of ROH offering something decent and bringing in the top name indie talent again, I haven't bought myself to tune in to see Matt Hardy and the Headbangers even for the hilarity of it.

• Paid Members

Hey look, Adam Cole can talk a bit in PWG.

Comparing that promo to how ROH use him and the rave reviews things like the PWG Threemendous 3 ladder match are getting....is ROH still "a bit shit but better than PWG?"

• Paid Members

Making McGuinness the new on screen authority figure and booking a Steen vs Generico Ladder match for Final Battle doesn't instantly make ROH must see again, but it's a start I guess.

Big Benny HG has leant me the DVDs of last year's Death Before Dishonor and Glory By Honor, but I'm not sure how keen I am to watch them.

• 1 month later...