Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

The Bullet Club is a fitting tribute to the nWo in many ways. Just when you want rid of the fucking thing, they go and add more members. Isnt it time to fuck this thing off well and truly now?

Do they really sell much merch anymore? When I watch shows people seem to be wearing los ingobernables de japon stuff.

p9PXJXq.png

It has been stated on some sites (411) that some of the talent are unhappy with the direction of the company at the moment and the booking decisions of Delirious.

But this always pops up in and around (TM Andy Townsend) the time of big events.

How much more of the NJPW exposure is healthy to ROH?

As much as I do love these shows it does seem time to focus on ROH talent from now to until maybe the end of year potentially longer or have 1 or 2 NJPW guys per show dependant on who they may be facing. Put the NJPW relationship to the back burner for a little.

• 1 month later...

Has anybody seen Best in the World, holy fuck, some of the booking on this show. Delirious has lost it, totally lost it, honestly some of the shit on this PPV was head scratching beyond belief. The crowd just didn't care, everything was so flat. ROH could be so much better, they have so many tools at their disposal but the booking continues to just ruin things, the lack of actual faces and heels is ridiculous, short changing people on the main event, no excuse. That fucking state of wrestling address left the Lethal/Briscoe match with 13 minutes....the biggest rematch in ROH history gets 13 minutes. This company is really bad at present, the back dated nature of the TV shows, the lack of depth to storylines and nothing makes fucking sense. Apparently the PPV wasn't sold out and the TV taping the next day was poorly attended.

This isn't the ROH I know and love, fucking 13 minute main event for what is supposed to be an epic match. Fuck off Delirious you masked fuck. 4/10.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

• Paid Members

Its time to move on for Delirious. Fuck knows who you bring in, though. When they fired Gabe Sapolsky, Luke Bushwhacker was the first choice, and he turned them down. I imagine if Delirious goes it'd be either Christopher Daniels or we might find out the reason why Kevin Sullivan has been sniffing about ROH recently.

There's something so dull about ROH these days. Its funny, they started off as being ahead of the curve and all that, yet now everyone else on the indies seems to have more of an idea what that fanbase wants than they do.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

https://Www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wXLgUSbD54

That was the promo for last year's event. It was so well made it made last year's main event feel massive.

This year was so underwelming compared to last year.

13-14 minutes felt like a TV main event. I was expecting Kevin Kelly to step away for the break any minute.

Nigel is really poor on commentary and I mean really poor. Corino for his faults doesn't half elevate things.

Using your bird in an Women of Honor angle is really shit too. You might as well of let them in the ring and catfight ECW style. Delirious is out of juice and someone else needs a go. Daniels is as good as any. Corino might be decent. Sullivan and someone younger maybe.

The last five minutes of the match was ok. I wasn't boring but it didn't get me out my seat at any point.

ROH is suffering from the New Japan relationship. Because of this relationship it hasn't moved on for 2 years. Safely tucked away within the bosom of NJPW the storylines are too stop start. We reset after Final Battle and now in May for Global Wars and War of the Worlds. This hurt the Roddy vs The World angle to give the title to Ishii for no real reason. I haven't given up on ROH yet because you do get some exceptional matches at times but it's hardly becoming something to go out your way to watch unless your a diehard.

Edited by stevieg1980

• Paid Members

When they fired Gabe Sapolsky, Luke Bushwhacker was the first choice, and he turned them down. 

I can't work out if that's serious or not. I know Luke's hung around RoH a bit in the past, but does he have ANY booking experience whatsoever?

• Paid Members

Yay mate. He was booking for IWA in Puerto Rico and in his home country. He even had this out, which was awful. He's a blood an guts booker, only without any kind of spin of his own. He just wants brawls and juice.

gb008.jpg?w=450&h=265

He's best mates with Cary Silkin. Very friendly if you believe the rumours. And he turned the job down. If I recall, Meltzer did a breaking news audio at the time Gabe was fired and he was like "looks like Luke Williams will be in charge." There's a Face Off RF shoot out with Adam Pearce and Gabe Sapolsky where Adam Pearce pretty much said he was second choice.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

ROH returning to England in November, the weekend before they do joint shows with PCW...

Ring of Honor Wrestling Returns to England in November on the "REACH FOR THE SKY" Tour.

Ring of Honor Wrestling (ROH) is proud to announce the company’s return to England for three live events on November 18th, 19th and 20th, 2016.

This marks the long-awaited return for Ring of Honor promoted events in the UK for the first time in a decade.

More including ROH wrestlers scheduled to appear, host cities and venues as well as on-sale dates, ticket information and matches for the "REACH FOR THE SKY" Tour will be announced exclusively on rohwrestling.com