Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

The Chicago Ridge show sounds solid despite the problems with weather and therefore transport. I shall look forward to the Hero/Claudio match, Jacobs/Danielson, the 6 man tag and a couple of the others.

I've seen the PPV ladder match. It's pretty insane. It's a shame ROH has such god awful commentary or it would be a new favorite. El Generico is a fucking bump machine though.

Commentary doesn't harm it one bit for me. I've watched the match a few times already and I just won't get bored with it. The Doomsday Device spot is just lunacy though. Generico takes a pretty impressive bump in their 2/3 Falls match as well.

I've seen the PPV ladder match. It's pretty insane. It's a shame ROH has such god awful commentary or it would be a new favorite. El Generico is a fucking bump machine though.

Commentary doesn't harm it one bit for me. I've watched the match a few times already and I just won't get bored with it. The Doomsday Device spot is just lunacy though. Generico takes a pretty impressive bump in their 2/3 Falls match as well.
You can see why there not going to do another one, you'd pretty much have to kill yourself to top it. The package piledriver & J-Driller spots are especially nuts.

• Paid Members

As far as Lo-Ki returning goes, the fan in me would like to see it, but I can't see it happening myself. He's messed ROH about too manytimes. If he did contact the company, Gabe should say, "if you want to come back, the first thing you'll do is put Roderick Strong over like you were supposed to!"Never say never in wrestling, but I'd be very suprised if he returned.

The Chicago Ridge show sounds solid despite the problems with weather and therefore transport. I shall look forward to the Hero/Claudio match, Jacobs/Danielson, the 6 man tag and a couple of the others.

Hear, hear. Sounds like a pretty damn awesome show, I'm rather looking forward to getting the net back at home so I can do some downloading.

Ring Of Honor and KOCH Vision have reached an agreement to release a series of exclusive ROH DVDs. The first two DVDs are set for an April 1st release in retail outlets nationwide."Blood Stained Honor" and "Stars Of Honor" will be the first two releases. Both DVDs will be 180+ minutes and feature new commentary tracks on some classic matches. As a bonus the packaging will include a ROH limited edition trading card. There will be six cards total. The suggested retail price will be $14.98."This is an exciting opportunity for Ring Of Honor," ROH President Cary Silkin said. "This will make the ROH product very accessible to a whole new audience. We are very proud of both these DVDs and feel they will be great for any new or longtime ROH fan.""Blood Stained Honor" will feature the violent side of ROH with some of the most crimson covered contests in ROH history. The match listing has:-Samoa Joe vs. Jay Briscoe in a Steel Cage - 3/13/04 (features new commentary)-The Second City Saints (CM Punk and Ace Steel) vs. the Prophecy (Dan Maffand BJ Whitmer) in a Chicago Street Fight - 7/24/04 (features new commentary)-CM Punk vs. Jimmy Rave in a Dog Collar match - 5/07/05-Generation Next (Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Jack Evans, and Matt Sydal)vs. The Embassy (Jimmy Rave, Alex Shelley, Abyss, and Prince Nana) in SteelCage Warfare - 12/3/05-Colt Cabana vs. Homicide in a Ghetto Street Fight - 2/25/06-Team ROH (Samoa Joe, Adam Pearce, and BJ Whitmer) vs. Team CZW (Chris Hero,Super Dragon, and Necro Butcher) - 4/22/06-Colt Cabana vs. Jimmy Jacobs in a Windy City Death Match - 2/24/07-Kevin Steen and El Generico vs. Jay and Mark Briscoe in a Boston Street Fight - 8/10/07"Stars Of Honor" looks at how some of wrestling best known names fared in ROH. When pro wrestlers want to showcase their skills with no restrictions and limitations they come to ROH. "Stars Of Honor" will feature:-Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk - 12/4/04 (features new commentary)-Homicide vs. Antonio "MVP" Banks - 2/19/05 (features new commentary)-James (Noble) Gibson vs. Roderick Strong - 4/2/05 (features new commentary)-Bryan Danielson vs. Brian "Spanky" Kendrick - 4/2/05 (features new commentary)-Matt Hardy vs. Homicide - 8/12/05-Matt Hardy vs. Roderick Strong - 8/13/05-Christopher Daniels vs. Christian Cage - 7/29/06-Samoa Joe and Jay Lethal vs. Low Ki and Homicide - 8/13/05Bonus material:-The History of Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk-Larry Sweeney confronts Bruno Sammartino-Mick Foley and CM Punk promoWe'll have more details in the upcoming months as new ROH DVDs hit a retail store near you!!!

Quality, spot the UKFFers

• Paid Members

Fifth Year Festival - Chicago - 24/02/2006

Brent Albright vs. Claudio Castagnoli - utterly dire opening match which seemingly went on forever. Albright does nothing for me, and this match wouldn

• Paid Members

I have to say, I understand your hatred of Adam Pearce.The guy has no character and is shit in the ring. He's just all out shite.

Hear Hear!!!As I think I've said before, I really enjoyed Pearce's PWG run, but in ROH he's abysmal.

Which weekend of shows was better: 13/14th April (Morishima Tag/Morishima-McGuinness 1) or 27/28th April (Cabana Farewell Shows)? I only ask because I just completed the first one and found them to be a bit lacklustre meanwhile the second weekend is the last batch of DVD's I have to watch.