Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Almost twenty-years ago Paul Banke wins his world title...

Daniel Zaragoza © Vs Paul Banke 2 (April 23, 1990) (Great Western Forum, Inglewood, California, United States)

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Part 6:

• Paid Members

Is there any word on an opponent?

Man, the last time I saw Hatton he looked like someone who had never done an athletic thing in his life. It takes a special effort to get that out of shape that quickly.

I love british boxing and boxing success at domestic, commonwealth, european & world level but I haven't cared about Hatton as a fighter since before the Mayweather fight. I see why he took that fight from a legacy and financial level but he never had a chance and really should have retired after that fight.

Looking forward to Hayes first defence, should be a good one and there is a risk he could get tagged but I think he will get the win. Still hoping 2010 is the year the Tyson Fury fights a credible opponent... and loses

• Paid Members

Hatton is announcing his retirement on tuesday.

anyone watching PacMan/Clottey tonight? not the mega fight everyone was hoping for, but it is probably the first boxing match of the year ive looked forward too....which, considering it's March is pretty depressing.

Clottey has a very good defence, but I think Manny is too quick. I don't think Clottey has the speed, skill or brains to make Manny miss and then counter him. Whenever I've seen him, he usually just stands in front of guys and blocks their shots with his forearms Winky Wright-style and then counters them. He had some success against Cotto doing that, but I don't think you can do that with Manny because of his speed and the angles he throws from. And if he comes forward and tries to dominate because of his natural size advantage, he'll probably get stopped.

But, you're right about it being a no-win situation for Pacquiao. Clottey is awkward and very difficult to look good against and, if Pac does lose, it's not like he's lost to a name fighter.